considering ww but confused about zero points - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

considering ww but confused about zero points

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bbygguk

bbygguk

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts
  • LocationThe Fucked-Up Imperialist Racist Country of America

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

i really want to start ww, but i've seen that some things are zero points despite being higher in calories :/ idk how i would log things if i eat a bunch of zero point foods - i still consumed calories but it wouldn't like, take down my total points for the day? i can't logic that in my head??

how do u guys approach that?

• KBI963 likes this

#2 RaeMarie721

RaeMarie721

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:16 PM

Ive been on ww for a while. Basically its portion control. It's easier to eat six cookies than six chicken breasts.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk
  • KBI963 likes this

5'8"

ED Sufferer for 20 years. Bulimia from age 8-21. EDNOS now, diagnosed in 2010 with Bulimia and in 2017 with EDNOS. Atypical Anorexic due to 140 pound weight loss.

#fatfuck

#3 aj's_world

aj's_world

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

i did ww last summer with 1200 calorie/day and i dropped 30 lbs in one summer. i actually find the ww community beneficial when i really am slipping in to a dark space. i'm at my lowest mental place which is why i just joined this community. idk if any of that makes sense lol. 

basically the concept of 0 point foods is that these are the kinds of foods you should be eating, like fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, fat free dairy, etc. the goal is to encourage diets with those kinds of nutritional values. you have a set amount of points and like someone said it's about portion control. so you can still eat what you want, you just choose how much of what foods you want to eat. you could have an omelet with tomatoes, spinach, and fat free cheese for like two points and eat enough calories for a meal. 

it's great for building a healthy relationship with food but i'm too scared to not be scared of food hahaha. 

• KBI963 likes this

HW: 190 lbs

UGW: 120 lbs

CW: 160 lbs

-----5' 5"-----

i don't deserve this. no one does. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users