Anybody on here not diagnosed with anything? - Page 9 - Other recognized eating disorders - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anybody on here not diagnosed with anything?

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#161 whydie

whydie

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 05:07 PM

no i got symptomatic treatment and last diagnose was borderline personality disorder so not really disease of that kind

#162 Ryukaura

Ryukaura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2021 - 03:08 PM

I never went to see a therapist although depressions hit me hard especially in my teens and mid-twenties. I guess compensating wih alcohol, binge eating and parties kind of helped me go through depressive stages. After some mental breakdowns I realized how great my defense mechanisms worked. I couldn't even see my bad eating habits like eating 3 pizza magharita within an hour, a whole package of cereals after and passing out. not leaving my appartment for days was just part of my personality. That's what I thought at least. Mostly it was due to emotional stess.
I started to self-diagnose myself by reading books and articles.
I've never been bigger than 180 lbs (6'0) and liked to go to the gym so no one ever suspected I had some issues with eating moderatly. I had to realize it on my own. Somehow i'm fine with it. :)
Ryuk.full.2751660

6'0 ~ 158 lbs 
How low can I go?

#163 karav

karav

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:12 AM

I also have no diagnosis, but my eating habits are disordered. I sometimes feel like it's not bad enough so I wouldn't get diagnosed even if I saw someone. (Idk if that's true or not, but I feel that way anyways.) So I also self diagnose !

#164 dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:49 AM

I’m the same. I’ve never been diagnosed but my reasons for not wanting to get diagnosed is that then I’ll be forced to get help and maybe I’ll gain weight

#165 seren-ade-dipity

seren-ade-dipity

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:59 AM

not diagnosed with anything and don't want to be. i'd rather no one knows and it helps me pretend sometimes that there's nothing actually wrong with me.

• Kaereot(carat)carrot and Melancholic Doll like this

#166 Kaereot(carat)carrot

Kaereot(carat)carrot

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 12:29 PM

never diagnosed but my eating habits are not normal 

EDB515-A6-D9-AF-4421-9358-F9-D80-FA3-CF0

How I lost weight with a Japanese Diet and Intermittent Fasting:https://www.myproana...kg-my-ed-story/

My accountability :https://www.myproana...accountability/

HW: 47.7kg

CW: 43kg

Goal #1 = 39kg

Goal #2 = 35kg

UGW= 32kg

insta: @starlighttomoon

#167 suzi__lu

suzi__lu

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:02 PM

I'm on my parents insurance and I don't want to tell them about my ED so no diagnosis lol, if I'm still going this shit when I finish school and get a job I will go get one

21. Binge eater to bulimic to ednos pipeline.

-

5' 4" sw155 hw167 gw120 ugw98

165 160 155 150 145 140 135 130 125 120

#168 whathellis

whathellis

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • LocationAllblue sea

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:03 AM

i'm not diagnosed but if you bing, purg, fast and do other shit trying to lose weight, but never a heathy wey. i think there is definetly somesing wrong.

Height: 162cm
Weight lbs: 109 106 103 99 95 90 84 80

my accountability

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#169 hippo-hips

hippo-hips

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2451 posts
  • LocationThe Chill Lounge

Posted 07 March 2021 - 08:18 AM

I was never diagnosed with an eating disorder but I used to be anorexic and then it turned into ednos and I'm fucking chubby again the first time since puberty. 

Height: 5'7

HW: 156.4 

CW:149.0 (was 150.4)

GW: 140s 

LW: 99

U0QWdmB.gif

Sometimes I feel like the mirror is my only companion.

-Mirror, Mirror Off The Wall by Kjerstin Gruys, Ph.D.

#170 viofem

viofem

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

never diagnosis but i was inpatient for an eating disorder and depression/ptsd

SW 155

CW 122

LW 95

UGW 95

maybe 88 I have to see when I get there

#171 I_Want_Skin_And_Bones21

I_Want_Skin_And_Bones21

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:33 PM

Not diagnosed. The doctor refused to diagnose me because he said I was still “too fat” at BMI 16.

GW 1:100lb

GW 2: 95lb

UGW: 85lb

#172 scottishrabbit

scottishrabbit

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 05:10 AM

never been diagnosed, but I suspect it would be EDNOS/OFSED because my disordered eating patterns change so much from one week to the next. some weeks I restrict or C/S or over-exercise or hyper-focus on eating only healthy clean foods, some weeks I b/p, some I fast, occasionally it kind of goes back to normal/high-restriction for a short while. it feels like i have some of the compulsions of every eating disorder, but the end goal is always to control my calorie-intake in one way or another.

i did speak to a therapist once and quickly realised that I am not ready to go back to normal eating patterns if it meant staying at my current weight. i think getting diagnosed just means that people will try and stop me, and i can't stop. not yet.

CW 94.2kg 08/03/21 BMI 31.6 (Obese)     

LW 77.9kg 10/05/20 BMI 26 (Overweight)   

UGW 55kg BMI 18.3 (Slightly Underweight)

95 94 93 92 91 90 89 88 87 86 85 84 83 82 81 80 79 78 77 76 75 74 73 72 71 70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60 59 58 57 56 55

#173 ky0t0

ky0t0

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia Canada

Posted 20 March 2021 - 05:57 AM

Diagnosed but with the wrong ED. When I received my diagnosis 15 years ago, EDNOS wasn't really considered so they lumped me into the Bulimia category. I dont B/P anymore, and I've always been more someone to restrict and obsessively exercise. I have a very similar feeling about my ED as you.

I am also a healthy BMI and feel like I don't deserve treatment because there are so many others that are in much worse shape. My damn body is too resilient to my abuse. 

I hope you stay safe and mostly healthy.

Sarah

Height: 5 foot 4
Current Weight: 115 pounds
Highest Weight: 140 pounds
Lowest Weight: 105 pounds
Goal Weight 1: 115 pounds
Goal Weight 2: 110 pounds
UGW: 104 pounds
My Accountability:https://www.myproana.../#entry28644922

#174 Chalachala

Chalachala

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 05:53 AM

I’m similar. I always had disordered habits but a couple of years ago I got up to like 230ish? And I lost over 30 lbs in one month. I was doing hours of cardio, working on my feet, and got violently ill and dizzy routinely from not eating and overexercising. I continued to lose until 180s. Gained back up to about 200, then forced my weight down to 174. In January I was back at 203 or so? Now I am 172. I am 5’9” so I’m a “normal” weight at around 170. Every time I get it lower than the last time, but no one care because I am never underweight. I mean, my husband cares but I have to tell him and my sister is the one person who actually notices that I don’t eat. Everyone pretty much applauds me, and just lets me do it even though every time I am asked how I lost so much weight so quickly I tell the truth. I say “I starved myself,” or “oh, I just do not eat.”

So no, never been diagnosed, but I have had binging and restricting habits my whole life, even in elementary school. It has just gotten worse and worse as I have gotten older, with more time spent restricting, less time binging. I think it has gotten worse largely because I am just more disciplined, my life is objectively better than it was when I was teenager/young adult. Now I’m almost 30 and life is pretty good, and I absolutely torture myself. It’s nonsense I know it, but no diagnoses so I guess I’m fine!

#175 HourglassFTW

HourglassFTW

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:44 AM

No ED diagnosis but I do have: Bipolar Type 2 and ADHD Combined Type Dx

Height: 5'6.9

SW: 200 

GW: 120

GW2: 110

UGW: 108

#176 cold_cold_cold

cold_cold_cold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 02:16 AM

I'm diagnosed with anorexia... At the first grade I started dreaming about being the thinnest.. However I started restriction at third-fifth grade but I was still in normal bmi. After the sixth grade I got underweight and then I got the diagnosis

#177 Boylimia

Boylimia

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 05:36 AM

My GP diagnosed me, I'm not sure if that counts. He just said "you have anorexia". But that was about a year ago and my weight and behaviors have changed.

#178 inessa

inessa

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:03 AM

I'm on Levothyroxine, and therefore go to medical checkups monthly. I had a talk with my nurse, who told me that I show big signs of having an eating disorder and most likely do, but then said that she wasn't qualified to make a diagnosis like that. She referenced me to a professional. Went to the clinic 4 times, never had the courage to open the door. Still waiting.

#179 EarlGray

EarlGray

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:13 PM

Not diagnosed either, but currently obsessed with emptying out my body of all food bulk

#180 justneedtospillthetea

justneedtospillthetea

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:12 PM

went to my gp and i told him that i needed help for depression + social anxiety. he didn't really explicitly diagnose me with anything, just kinda agreed with my own statements? if that counts as a diagnosis? 

he still got me therapy sessions, which was nice. i actually quite liked my therapist (her ideas were kinda useless...like meditation? really?) but just being able to talk freely about some of my issues and being acknowledged instead of dismissed helped me a lot. i never gave her any hints of an ed though, and since quite a significant part of my insecurities come from body image, i'm probably gonna be stuck being a sad anxious bitch forever. 

i also went to a 'natural practitioner' cause my mom's a bit of a health-natural-essential-oils person. she made me fill in a weekly diet chart so she could adjust my diet to 'fix' my mental issues. long story short, she asked me to elaborate on my yoghurt bowls...and me being stupid, i told her that i always use 200g of yoghurt. which is sooo specific, she immediately got super sus at me and asked "do you weigh it out? do you always weigh your food?"

i just told her that i'm really bad at eyeballing things and i'm a bit ocd when it comes to 'perfecting the ratios' in certain meals. which is an excuse i use often lol. especially when it comes to small things like coffee, smoothies, yoghurt bowls....i just tell people "i found the perfect ratio of how much oat milk to use with how much coffee and etc" and they never question it (beyond thinking im a bit weird...but everyone has weird quirks like this, so it's not a big deal). 

sorry... kinda went super off topic on this one, but insomnia is keeping me up and i really need a distraction right now. 

[ hw 65.8 | cw 58.20 | lw 54.2 | gw 46 ] 

[ bmi: 21.10 ]

[ last update: 20/05/2021 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users