How do you have energy to care for your kids? - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How do you have energy to care for your kids?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ♥mimi♥

♥mimi♥

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:45 PM

I have 2 boys, 2 and 8 months. I'm slipping and slipping with my recovery and I just want to know that if I get in too deep, I won't be a shitty parent that can't keep up with them :(
I was thinking if it's totally unavoidable to slip up - which of course I'm doing my best NOT to do, but I don't need more reasons to beat myself up about it - that I should take some kind of vitamins to keep up my energy. How do you guys do it? If you take vitamins, what kinds do you take? Do you feel like you actually have the patience to deal with your little ones? Thanks. ♡♡

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • Disappearing1 likes this

Emma, 20, mother of 2 little boys  :wub: 

SW: 200.2lbs 

CW: 179.8lbs

GW1: 175lbs

GW2: 150lbs

GW3: 135lbs

UGW: ???

#2 recoveredliar

recoveredliar

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:36 PM

Hey boo. So I went back n forth with my recovery too and it was tough while my daughter was growing up. Energy drinks helped a lot and honestly on the days I didn’t have any energy, I started movie days. Fun kids movies and snacks for them. Don’t be afraid to have down days. Kids love their mama and they’re gonna remember that you were there for them and how much you tried. Don’t give up hope. You’re doing amazing as a mom even when you don’t feel that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • sophie11, ♥mimi♥, Daintyangelwing and 1 other like this
24yrs 5'3
SW: 131
CW: 114
GW1: 112
GW2: 104
UGW: 98

#3 ♥mimi♥

♥mimi♥

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2477 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:56 PM

Hey boo. So I went back n forth with my recovery too and it was tough while my daughter was growing up. Energy drinks helped a lot and honestly on the days I didn’t have any energy, I started movie days. Fun kids movies and snacks for them. Don’t be afraid to have down days. Kids love their mama and they’re gonna remember that you were there for them and how much you tried. Don’t give up hope. You’re doing amazing as a mom even when you don’t feel that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. I do like to have movie days! Energy drinks are a great idea. ♡♡

• recoveredliar likes this

Emma, 20, mother of 2 little boys  :wub: 

SW: 200.2lbs 

CW: 179.8lbs

GW1: 175lbs

GW2: 150lbs

GW3: 135lbs

UGW: ???

#4 Lost-girl4ever

Lost-girl4ever

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:47 AM

I agree with the energy drinks and I take a vitamin from GNC I think it is called women’s energy and metabolism. It has helped a lot with energy. I have two boys that are 3(almost 4) and 2... so I can’t let me energy get too low. Haha
  • missntgdenuf likes this

weight.png

#5 Huntea

Huntea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:08 PM

If you can at all afford extra care cos diet a night nurse or nanny. That’s the only way I function, even with help from my SAH husband.
  • missntgdenuf likes this

#6 fourfourfour

fourfourfour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:16 AM

I have 2 boys, 2 and 8 months. I'm slipping and slipping with my recovery and I just want to know that if I get in too deep, I won't be a shitty parent that can't keep up with them :(
I was thinking if it's totally unavoidable to slip up - which of course I'm doing my best NOT to do, but I don't need more reasons to beat myself up about it - that I should take some kind of vitamins to keep up my energy. How do you guys do it? If you take vitamins, what kinds do you take? Do you feel like you actually have the patience to deal with your little ones? Thanks. ♡♡

I take B vitamins, a multi vitamin, Iron and 5-HTP.......I also drink TONS of coffee! I get my patience once ive had my 5HTP. Also.....if i think about the fact that my child never asked to be here, it really motivates me to get up an be better even if i dont have the energy. It also helps to have my fiances help, we have a rule that if one of us is really struggling, we tell the other, and the other will pick up the slack.

hope this helps a bit!

• ♥mimi♥ likes this

#7 sophie11

sophie11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 May 2020 - 10:35 PM

energy is a big one for me, its hard, some good suggestions though.  

#8 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4636 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:32 AM

This is what keeps me going when it comes to eating enough to not hit bottom again. If I restrict to more than a slight deficit, I just can’t pull off the good mom thing very well. I’m not as fun, I lose my temper, I use technology as a babysitter far too often... which is why I know I have to eat enough. I only have partial custody and when I don’t have her I’m a lot more likely to not eat much or to overdo the exercise, but I really fight to stay fueled enough to be super-mom when she’s here!
  • likeneelyohara11, back_to_skinny and AlwaysNostalgic like this
H 5'7"
CW: 103lbs
LW: 72lbs
GW 2019: 95lbs
Ultimate: 88lbs

#9 likeneelyohara11

likeneelyohara11

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

It’s so rough. I feel like I can’t offer much advice because I’m in like a pit of despair rn and my energy and mental health are just not great. But I think you’ve gotten a lot of good advice so far. And I hope things work out for you, that’s all!

#10 FaerieComplex

FaerieComplex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:54 PM

I struggle with energy and recovery, myself, so this is helpful! I've gotten to a point where energy drinks and caffeine don't stop my tiredness, so I think I have to hydrate a lot more and look at my sleep and exercise schedule for where to get more energy.

Spoiler

#11 missntgdenuf

missntgdenuf

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:42 PM

hi mimi I'm a mother 2girls ages 3 and 7 both my daughters are very high energy and I notice my ristricting definately leaves me feeling low in the energy department but I try to take them out for walks or hikes which tires them and me out. I dont take vitamins and I feel like I have less patience with them so I think for them I need to try and recover more than I have before.

I am going to take the advice others are giving and hope I can recover.
SW 144LBS 6/26
HW 180LBS
🙄CW 135🙄
👉GW1 135👈✅
💜GW2 125💜
💘UGW 115💘

weight.png

Accountability
https://www.myproana.../#entry68599917

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users