Diastasis Recti - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Diastasis Recti

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dontwannastop

dontwannastop

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:58 AM

So my son is almost 10 months old and even though I lost all the pregnancy weight (61lbs)by 3 months postpartum, my tummy is saggy. I hate it so much, it's just all soft and squishy and loose. It's like a mild mommy apron, ew. If I didn't have diastasis, it wouldn't be as loose as it is.

The gap between my abs is 3 fingers wide above my belly button and 2 fingers wide underneath my belly button.

Any other moms out there with this? Has yours healed? What did you do?

#2 PrinnyWinnie

PrinnyWinnie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:53 AM

I had a pretty big gap too, my son is 3 1/2 now though. I had a mild mommy apron too! In time, my stomach shrunk, especially when I lost weight. I lost slowly though. Maybe it’s just more pronounced for you because you’re body hasn’t had time to adjust to the stretch and then weight loss. My stomach isn’t firm, it’s still squishy but it’s flat now. I know this sucks to hear, but give it time, that’s really all you can do. Try hard not to be too upset, as it’ll just drive you absolutely insane! Like I said, it took me 3 1/2 years to get to a somewhat ‘normal’ body shape. Some moms it takes less, some more. Much love to you!

#3 PixelCat

PixelCat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9434 posts
  • LocationHiding from Dr Now because de coronavirus did not make me eat dat.

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:00 AM

I had a tummy tuck and excess skin removal, so my surgeon fixed my DR. It was pretty wide, I had excess amniotic fluid with both pregnancies.
Am I PixelWhore or WhoreCat?

89-D1-B993-7-BD3-4-B01-88-BD-6-A686-EE3-

giphy.gif

My boring stats below. Probably haven’t been updated since the Jurassic period.
Spoiler

#4 _PrettyWings_

_PrettyWings_

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 08:33 AM

Have u tried the exercises to correct it? There's some on Youtube

#5 RomanticMisanthropist

RomanticMisanthropist

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1756 posts
  • LocationVizima

Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

I've got that too! I was still slightly underweight when I gave birth and my baby was HUGE so now, four years later, I've still got the saggy skin and it keeps getting caught in my jeans and it's so out of proportion to the rest of me, it's so annoying and a huge dysmorphia trigger.

There are exercises you can do to strengthen your core muscles and stomach and it'll help pull those muscles back together but in the case of extra skin, then a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty would be necessary to remove the excess skin unfortunately. I'm saving up for a mini one now

Non-binary, 22 and sad. AN for 9 years. I'd like to recover but is it really ever gonna happen? Really?

Also bpd af

They/them pronouns

Let's burn our love into the ground

----

giphy.gif

Pete looking sassy

----

BMI: 16.6

Height: 5'8 / 174cm

CW: 50.4kg  / 111lbs

GW: 45kg / 99lbs    

GW2: 42kg / 92.5lbs (lol)

UGW: 39kg / 85lbs (lolololol yeah like that'll ever happen)

#6 Onadiet

Onadiet

Advanced Sage

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:50 PM

I know this thread is old but this can be fixed surgically.

#7 AngryNewt

AngryNewt

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2021 - 01:01 PM

I have this, even when my youngest is seven years old. It's my biggest insecurity. They said the surgery for it is considered cosmetic, a tummy tuck, so insurance wont cover it, but I am going to try to get an exception to that. 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Lesbian mama
  • Avid faster and low restrictor
  • HW: 212
  • LW: 135

5'6.5 sw 212 cw 169.8 gw1 175 gw2 160 gw3 145 gw4 130 ugw tbd

My accountability thread https://www.myproana.../#entry75287913

“I am forever engaged in a silent battle in my head over whether or not to lift the fork to my mouth, and when I talk myself into doing so, I taste only shame. I have an eating disorder.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users