Preferred gender? - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Preferred gender?

pregnancy preference Ed

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 mythics

mythics

A Rock

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts
  • Locationneptune

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

So even before I got pregnant, I've always wanted to have a boy, or at least have a boy first. Idk why it just seems ideal to me. Not to say that I would be devastated over a girl or dislike/resent it, a healthy baby is a healthy baby.

I'm sure that I can't be the only one with a preference, so what's your preferred gender, number of said gender or order of birth?

burned.

#2 420forever

420forever

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1314 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:06 AM

I don’t have one. I want to raise my kid gender neutral lol
  • Legend27 likes this

#3 vanimelda

vanimelda

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:22 AM

Not pregnant but trying right now.

I sometimes think it would be nice to have a boy first for birth order to be protective older brother to his younger siblings, but also don't mind if I would have a girl. I kind of hope I have one of each one day :), maybe more if I'm able to have them by a certain age

Congrats btw <3

Take me under

I'm giving into you

#4 dumbo

dumbo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:18 PM

So even before I got pregnant, I've always wanted to have a boy, or at least have a boy first. Idk why it just seems ideal to me. Not to say that I would be devastated over a girl or dislike/resent it, a healthy baby is a healthy baby.

I'm sure that I can't be the only one with a preference, so what's your preferred gender, number of said gender or order of birth?

OMG yes I feel the same way I'm really really hoping that my first is a boy but I will be equally just over the moon excited if it's a little girl. We'll be finding out very soon I'm in my second trimester but not at my 20-week ultrasound yet. I would ideally like to have at least one of each. but if I ended up with all boys or all girls I will be considering myself super blessed regardless.
  • mythics likes this

#5 barfbabe

barfbabe

empty-eyed villain

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21270 posts
  • Locationin hell on a scale

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:53 PM

all i really want is a healthy baby, but having a girl scares me. i know it can happen to anyone, female or male, but girls are more vulnerable to getting assaulted and i guess because i've been there and had to go through it alone for many years (cause i was too scared to get my step brother in trouble).. i just think that if something were to happen to my child at any age and get hurt,,, it's just an awful thought to have.. how do you protect something so precious forever? i wish i knew.---i'm realizing this can all make little sense, sorry
  • etrox318 likes this

(ꈍᴗꈍ) lexie ❘ 17.0 ❘ 5'4 (ꈍᴗꈍ)

original.gif

・゚゚・。 ♡ 。・゚゚・

#6 SugarPeppermint

SugarPeppermint

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:47 PM

I have a toddler boy already. We don't know the gender of the baby I am pregnant with yet. I kinda want another boy (so he could be bff with his brother and reuse all his clothes I have saved) but I would love a girl too. :)
165cm/ 5'5"
Pre pregnancy weight: 43.9kg/ 96lbs/ BMI 16.1
CW: idk

#7 mythics

mythics

A Rock

• Accountability access
  • 1643 posts
  • Locationneptune

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:06 AM

I totes forgot to update! I'm almost 23 weeks with....A BOY! I kinda knew it from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Intuition? Coincidence?
  • SugarPeppermint likes this

burned.

#8 dumbo

dumbo

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:08 PM

I totes forgot to update! I'm almost 23 weeks with....A BOY! I kinda knew it from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Intuition? Coincidence?

Congratulations!!! I came back on here to update as well and I'm also having a boy!
💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙
And yes mother's Intuition is in the 70%+ accuracy actually. There's some articles online about which early detection methods are most reliable and your "gut feeling" is in the top most accurate.
  • mythics likes this

#9 dontwannastop

dontwannastop

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:58 AM

I have a little boy and I'm pregnant with my second. With my first, I really wanted a girl. My husband wanted a boy and when we found out I was having a boy, I got super excited about having a boy. This one, I kinda want a girl but at the same time Id be happy if I have another boy because I'm scared I'll damage my little girl the way my mother damaged me, her only daughter. My husband wants a little girl extremely bad. I'm now in therapy dealing with my childhood trauma though, so I really hope it'll help with my feelings about that. I have about 2 months before we find out the gender.

#10 DieingToSrarve42069

DieingToSrarve42069

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:29 PM

I'm 15 weeks I personally really want a little girl but my fiance wants a boy. No matter what we end up having I'll be happy tho.

#11 Kittila

Kittila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAirstrip One

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:38 PM

I'm male, but I would like my first child to be a boy.

Hopefully the second child will be a girl.

Male, 5'10" in height and I weigh 113 pounds.

#12 coconutflakes

coconutflakes

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:30 AM

I already have a girl, so it would be nice to have a boy, but I’m afraid my husband wouldn’t agree to have another child if he already gets his boy this time lol.

#13 whiskerz

whiskerz

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1899 posts
  • LocationU.S.-MN

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

I wanted a boy and I got him 💙

#14 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGulfport, Mississippi

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:47 PM

I never thought I'd say it, but a Girl. I have two boys, after the death of my youngest (five months old, less than a year ago) I don't know if I could cope with having another boy honestly. Especially so soon, It scares the crap out of me.

#15 Legend27

Legend27

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:37 AM

I don’t have one. I want to raise my kid gender neutral lol

That seems like a good idea... I was speaking recently with some lgbtq rights activists and one of them made an interesting point, that raising a kid without forcing any certain gender ideas/roles and letting them figure themself out was a good way to do it. I agree!

#16 Kittymama

Kittymama

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationOn my knees praying to the porcelain goddess

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:26 PM

I wanted a girl for my first and got a girl. Wanted a boy for my second and got a boy. This time I wanted a girl really bad but am having a boy. But that's ok since I already have everything I need for a boy.
In the end just want a healthy baby.

#17 I'm a Mus-cat-eer

I'm a Mus-cat-eer

Advanced Sage

• Supporter
  • 1989 posts
  • LocationHiding under the covers

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:05 PM

I have a 9 month old baby boy currently 4 weeks and some days pregnant and I'd love a daughter this time
In the end it doesnt really matter as long as they're healthy (but I struggle picking out boy names with our last name lmaooo)
  • Kittymama likes this

Highest Weight: 145ish pounds

Lowest Weight: 60 pounds

Current Weight: 99 pounds

Height: 4'10"

Goals:

90 pounds

83 pounds

80 pounds

[center]Ultimate Goal: Happiness... Or death... Probably death
[center][b]
[center] thFQV91LLA
[center]5pucvXA.gif tumblr n0kreiPzKZ1s720vjo1 540

#18 Kittymama

Kittymama

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationOn my knees praying to the porcelain goddess

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

I (but I struggle picking out boy names with our last name lmaooo)

Boy names are so much harder I agree!! Idk why that is.
  • I'm a Mus-cat-eer likes this

#19 I'm a Mus-cat-eer

I'm a Mus-cat-eer

Advanced Sage

• Supporter
  • 1989 posts
  • LocationHiding under the covers

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:38 AM

Boy names are so much harder I agree!! Idk why that is.

I think it comes down to boy names imo are pretty basic. I have like 3 I like, but arent like omg I love it cause they're a bit ordinary. I really liked mason but my hubby's last name starts with an M so I think it clashes too much. Just like it ends with an -er. And theres so many M and -er names I liked lol. Suckssssss.... but girl names? No problem coming up with others lol

Now agreeing on a name with my husband? WHOLE OTHER STORY 😂😂😂

Highest Weight: 145ish pounds

Lowest Weight: 60 pounds

Current Weight: 99 pounds

Height: 4'10"

Goals:

90 pounds

83 pounds

80 pounds

[center]Ultimate Goal: Happiness... Or death... Probably death
[center][b]
[center] thFQV91LLA
[center]5pucvXA.gif tumblr n0kreiPzKZ1s720vjo1 540

#20 etrox318

etrox318

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4764 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

all i really want is a healthy baby, but having a girl scares me. i know it can happen to anyone, female or male, but girls are more vulnerable to getting assaulted and i guess because i've been there and had to go through it alone for many years (cause i was too scared to get my step brother in trouble).. i just think that if something were to happen to my child at any age and get hurt,,, it's just an awful thought to have.. how do you protect something so precious forever? i wish i knew.---i'm realizing this can all make little sense, sorry

Not pregnant (just browsing lol) but wanted to say this terrifies me about having kids. I've read statistics that if the mom had been abused their daughter is more likely to be abused, and same with Ed's.
In my family there's a big legacy of the women on my mom's side struggling with mental illness. My grandma, my mom, & I have all attempted suicide. It scares me to pass that on.
https://www.myproana...-back-on-track/MY OLD ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana... MY NEW ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana...ookbooks-vegan/ MY MCDOUGALL RECIPE ADVENTURE
Female, diagnosed bulimic, previously diagnosed an-bp.
Hufflepuff, infp. Mostly vegan.
5'7"
Hw 208
Lw 105
July 2020 Cw 136.4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pregnancy, preference, Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users