Lone parents? - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Lone parents?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzie88

Lizzie88

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:09 PM

Any other lone parents? As in, single parents where the other parent has zero involvement? I feel so alone.
  • Thegymbum likes this

#2 recoveredliar

recoveredliar

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

Does it count if I’m technically still with the dad and even tho he’s in the next room he literally has 0 involvement? He doesn’t help me out at all in fact he quit his job and now all he does is smoke pot and play video games all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thegymbum, Thejanefox and YenneferOfVengerberg like this
24yrs 5'3
SW: 131
CW: 114
GW1: 112
GW2: 104
UGW: 98

#3 Lizzie88

Lizzie88

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

He sounds like a loser, I’m sorry.

But on the positive side at least your child has a father that I’m guessing does love them, even though he’s a lazy waste of space.
  • Thegymbum and recoveredliar like this

#4 sleepypeachyangel

sleepypeachyangel

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:46 PM

My youngest doesn’t have her dad, he was murdered a month before she was born and she just turned two last week. My oldest does see his father but he doesn’t like going to see him or his step mom. So I guess I kind of relate.
  • Thegymbum likes this

#5 Lizzie88

Lizzie88

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1265 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

Murdered? Geez that’s awful I’m sorry.

My child’s father paid me for sex so he has never been involved at all but he is alive - just there is no contact between us obviously. I just tell people it was a one night stand obviously because I don’t want people to know.

It just breaks my heart that she’ll never know her father.
  • Thegymbum likes this

#6 skinnyqueen31

skinnyqueen31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:36 AM

Im single too
  • Thegymbum likes this

#7 Fattypanda

Fattypanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:25 PM

Single mother over here. My son's dad hit him so now I'm in a mother and baby placement and I just can't wait to be back in a place with just my son and me not around these strangers.
22, 5'2. Let's be friends if ya'll wanna fast together!

Cw; 166lbs
1gw; 150
2gw; 140
3gw; 130
4gw; 120
5gw; 110
6gw; 100
Ugw; 90

#8 PaganRose

PaganRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:36 AM

Single mother here too. My boy is 4yrs old and sees his father once every few months. He lives in a different town. When I was pregnant he decided to end it with me, and said "its not because you're fat, ugly and pregnant...." Which of course was SUPER triggering and and a complete asshole thing to say.

183cm | 6'

CW: 100kg (220lbs) - BMI: 29.86

HW: 104kg (229lbs) - BMI: 31.05

LW: 60kg (132lbs) - BMI: 17.92

GW: 76kg (167lbs) - BMI: 22.69

BPD, OCD, GAD, EDNOS/ANA

#9 Maisy.Leanne.S

Maisy.Leanne.S

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

Me. 2 year old and 8 week old. Found out I was pregnant just after I split up with their dad. He got with a woman who’s daughter was taken into care because of a peadophile. She still had the peadophile living with her after her daughter was taken. I stopped contact and now going through courts to fight for the safety of my children. 🤦🏼‍♀️ So glad I’m breastfeeding or I would have been back to ED by now.

#10 MajesticWolf

MajesticWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

Yes, I have 3 girls. Tried to work it out with the father until he physically abused me at the beginning of this year (before I knew I was pregnant with baby #3). It's hard, but he wasn't much help anyway even when we lived together. 

Height: 5'5''

HW: 216

LW: 143

CW: 172

CW: 167

GW: 120

UGW1: 110

UGW1: 100

#11 guessjustlife

guessjustlife

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:26 AM

Just left an abusive marriage of 20 years. 3 kids. Really struggling with ED and basically everything right now. From the outside world it looks like I have it together but I am really falling apart.

#12 Thejanefox

Thejanefox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:43 AM

I'm a lone parent as well... Raising my 2 kiddos.

#13 N0tglam0r0us

N0tglam0r0us

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:36 PM

Hi me too!

I have a boy (8) who’s father was never in his life, he never meant him. I left him when I was 3 months pregnant because he started using drugs again.

He ended up getting clean and had 10 months clean and he was about to meet his son for the first time. He ended up using one more time and overdosed and passed away this last year.

My daughters (4) father is a good guy. He is a part of her life and helps a lot. We have tried to make it work but it just doesn’t. I feel like we are just better parents than lovers. Plus he has a drinking problem. But he really is straight and narrow when he has her and she loves her daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ 5'6 ~ LW: 98 ~ HW: 194 ~ CW: 162 ~  

My Accountability - https://www.myproana...ability-thread/

#14 NarwhalPuppy

NarwhalPuppy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 08 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

Me! I left my sons biological sperm donor when I was 3 months pregnant. He’s never even met him. (He ended up talking about some really messed up stuff- I think he purposely scared me away so he wouldn’t have to help out with child support or anything.)
And then my late partner (he was such a great dad to my son) passed away a year ago when my son was 3 months. I’ve never felt more alone (as far as adult relationships go- I don’t even have friends) in my life.

#15 Thejanefox

Thejanefox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:02 AM

Me! I left my sons biological sperm donor when I was 3 months pregnant. He’s never even met him. (He ended up talking about some really messed up stuff- I think he purposely scared me away so he wouldn’t have to help out with child support or anything.)
And then my late partner (he was such a great dad to my son) passed away a year ago when my son was 3 months. I’ve never felt more alone (as far as adult relationships go- I don’t even have friends) in my life.

I feel ya with the feeling alone when it comes to adult relationships... I lost my "friends" when my ex and i split cause he caused drama. 

#16 Traceybee

Traceybee

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 07:27 PM

I’m basically a lone parent. My partner works internationally with work and only been home for 10 days (broken into short times at home) since xmas. I normally handle it no bother and just get on with life as he has always worked away but feeling very low and lonely tonight. On the outside i look like a women who has it all but on the inside I’m torn between my three children (4th due in May) plus my own career, trying to buy a house, trying to ignore that I’m a fat whale and only going to get bigger and deal with life with a smile when all I want to do is walk away from everything and everyone because how I’m feeling tonight..... they will be better without me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users