Do i have pica ? - Pica Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Do i have pica ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 galacticxanax

galacticxanax

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:27 PM

I haven't been diagnosed . I also don't talk about this to anyone e v e r but i always loved eating sand as a kid, still crave it . I never thought of it as a disorder before reading it here , i thought i was just weird.
My craving for more began about two years ago when i started secretly eating the deco sand my mom bought for the living room. It was fine sand and i loved the crunch and taste. After that came the clay ( used for masks, organic) and chalk ( regular drawing chalk ) . Then i turned to babypowder . It never occured to me that something was up, however i started reseaching online and the first things i found were articles about deficiencies ( nothing about pica ) . Lately i am getting concerned though, because i can't stop myself from eating fucking laundry detergent and or wash tabs . I am sure i can die from those bc of the chemicals and i would like to avoid dying from my own stupidity but i can't stop ? Is this pica or should i just smack myself out of it ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • anonhaloanon and orochimaruuu like this

CW: 103 lbs / 47 kg

GW: 99 lbs / 45 kg

UGW: 92 lbs / 42 kg

#2 littlelightweight

littlelightweight

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4190 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:54 PM

I haven't been diagnosed . I also don't talk about this to anyone e v e r but i always loved eating sand as a kid, still crave it . I never thought of it as a disorder before reading it here , i thought i was just weird.
My craving for more began about two years ago when i started secretly eating the deco sand my mom bought for the living room. It was fine sand and i loved the crunch and taste. After that came the clay ( used for masks, organic) and chalk ( regular drawing chalk ) . Then i turned to babypowder . It never occured to me that something was up, however i started reseaching online and the first things i found were articles about deficiencies ( nothing about pica ) . Lately i am getting concerned though, because i can't stop myself from eating fucking laundry detergent and or wash tabs . I am sure i can die from those bc of the chemicals and i would like to avoid dying from my own stupidity but i can't stop ? Is this pica or should i just smack myself out of it ????
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is definitely pica. I have a psychology degree. It is probably more common than we think. Please be safe and consult professional help like a therapist or psychiatrist. I worry about the amount of non food, potentially dangerous items you are ingesting. Message me if you need support or want to talk.

#3 anonhaloanon

anonhaloanon

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:23 AM

this is a post about me if there ever was one. clay and soap eater here. meet you in the afterlife when we die of poison xoxo

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

5'7

bmi 21.1 | cw: 135 | hw: 150 | lw: 106.7

gw1: 130

gw2: 120
gw3: 110

ugw: 90

bmi 14.1

weight.png?_t=1583214920

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users