Thoughts on Elzani - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Thoughts on Elzani

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 almond butter

almond butter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2637 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

what are these replies.. idek her but jesus

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • rayabean, PetiteYesPlease, Dyingt00beethin and 2 others like this

#42 e.amv

e.amv

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:47 PM

Her videos make me cringe 😖😖 I think it’s the way she pronounces every part of every word & lowkey seems out of it? Idk I just can’t imagine her at school or something

#43 Prim Poppy

Prim Poppy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2330 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:07 PM

I don't watch her videos, I tried, but they are boring to me, and I'm not trying to be mean, but something about her gets on my nerves.
She seems alot better physically, and I'm happy for her. She seems like mentally she is still about twelve. Unfortunately that happens alot with eating disorders. I hope she can recover more mentally.

#44 Catico

Catico

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMi casa

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

I feel bad being so critical of her but I really only watch her videos for entertainment (not in a good way) 

Its quite clear she's still very consumed in her ed, the way she obsessed over ALL food, comments on what everyone's eating 24/7, her life still revolves around food. Like other people said if she was eating as much as she said then I would've thought she'd gained loads more...purging? idk, I really dont know. Also her family dynamic is kinda weird, I guess that's not her fault but she is SO attached to her mother, who seems to go along with her food obsession as its better than her daughter starving herself. Like she is at the moment I feel sorry for her, she seems so trapped, I can't imagine her being able to face the real world of responsibilities where food isn't the focus

But then she was in a seriously bad place for so long, she's probably trying to make up for all the time she lost with her family. She really needs professional help, she might physically be nearly there but mentally she has a long way to go, I really hope she gets the right support. 

ill live with no regrets, looking at the sky

Spread my wings and fly, now like this

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SW: 64.9 kg

LW: 50.5 kg

Height: 170 cm

(recovery)accountability: https://www.myproana...ccountability☾/

^maybe recovery is possible^

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

#45 PsyCaloria

PsyCaloria

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationFollowing my skinny shadow

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:37 PM

She looks a lot better in her latest video. You can see it in her face.

• sour lemonss likes this

#46 DuchessofDevonshire

DuchessofDevonshire

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:56 PM

She's just super cringey to me, she seems so out of it most of the time. I don't think she's mentally recovered, I agree all of her life seems to revolve around food. But overall I just find her content boring
  • e.amv and Satori666 like this

#47 _spacebetweenmythighs_

_spacebetweenmythighs_

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationThe Pantry

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:37 AM

I had first come across her channel for the documentary she had made. To me, she was pure thinspo because of how thin she was, I am not sure about her teenage years with this illness but I wish we could have seen the photos -- as bad as that may sound -- but she must have relapsed to have been that sickly again at 21 (the age she was in the documentary), you'd think her parents would know her behaviors, not trust her completely, etc but I guess her parents thought just eating would get her to be better. Also, on this topic of Anorexia YouTubers, I heard Eugenia Cooney also relapsed but I am not  sure; either way, I don't think Elzani is gaining weight because in that documentary I saw, she still looked quite underweight for being in 2 treatment centers within the same time. I'd love to see your replies to this and I may just be stupid for not seeing her recover? I've never been real interested in her videos minus that one particular one.  ;)

"Starve until you see the weight drop off,

That is when you know you're truly worth it after you reach your goals."

9920445_orig.gif

"Maybe if I skip dinner, get pretty and thin, maybe he'll love me."

#48 LittleLexi

LittleLexi

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2078 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

I don't think shes eating as much as she claims tbh...
  • sour lemonss likes this

~Laura Lexi~

Height: 5'9.5" (176 cm)

HW: 130lbs (BMI 19.1)

LW: 82lbs

CW: 82lbs (BMI 12.1)

#49 _spacebetweenmythighs_

_spacebetweenmythighs_

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationThe Pantry

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:51 AM

I don't think shes eating as much as she claims tbh...

I agree because we don't know if she is purging or is exercising off all the food she may be eating.  :huh:

"Starve until you see the weight drop off,

That is when you know you're truly worth it after you reach your goals."

9920445_orig.gif

"Maybe if I skip dinner, get pretty and thin, maybe he'll love me."

#50 ziggy ✩

ziggy ✩

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1174 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:41 AM

I watch her for thinspo lol and to not eat,, but newly found bc of this thread.... subcribeD! makes me wonder if she was ever/is in this community,,,

• _spacebetweenmythighs_ likes this

HW: 178

CW: (8/22) 147.6

GW (10/31): 125

178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170

169 168 167  166 165 164 163 162 161 160

159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150

149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140

139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130

129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120

119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110

109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100

#51 sweetandstarving

sweetandstarving

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:07 AM

that documentary she uploaded triggered the living hell out of me.
i mean i get why she posted it and she did put a tw, but jesus christ was that graphic... it just didn’t sit right with me.
i often forget she’s what, 24 ? she still acts like she’s 12. i always wonder why eating disordered individuals who are in their 20’s act like little kids - isn’t your 20s the time where you should be pursuing further education, working a job, and maybe moving out ?
i get living at home to help with recovery, that’s perfectly fine. i just don’t get why they all act like babies. it’s insane to me.
she seems mentally slow and like she’s regressed age-wise. all she talks about is food, she needs a life outside of that. her behavior is still very obsessive and indicative of an eating disorder.
basically, i don’t like her. she’s just not my cup of tea. she’s so cringe-worthy and that documentary ruined any chance i would’ve had at liking her content.
i don’t know what’s going on with me anymore.

#52 Sam.lol98

Sam.lol98

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:49 AM

She seems really obsessed with food, one way or the other, poor thing really seems to have a tough time having a life out of her eating disorder. She seems like she's happier tho, also has come a long way in *trying* to do the whole "self recovery" thing. I hope she finds balance and happiness tho, she's really trying

#53 HarderHarmonies

HarderHarmonies

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

I think she's really sweet but I feel like her recovery as she displays it is going a little too well (only see the photos she posts on Instagram though)

I mean I really hope she is doing as well as she's pretending to but I can't really believe it?
HW 54kg/119lbs | LW: 44,5kg/98lbs
CW: 47kg/104lbs - BMI 17,3
GW: 45kg/99lbs
UGW: 42kg/93lbs

#54 Train Wreck

Train Wreck

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:21 PM

Not being funny but some of these comments are absolutely disgusting. I really don’t think ‘thoughts on’ posts about people are appropriate but especially not somebody who is clearly and openly suffering with mental health issues. Some of the thinks people are saying about her are very nasty and unnecessary in my opinion.

This is on a public platform which anyone can see and she could probably quite easily find, for starters she could google her name and find this thread, but In the off chance she was still suffering and came onto this site imagine if she stumbled across it.

Could you imagine finding a thread with people saying these things about you? I know if it was me I’d be absolutely devastated! She hasn’t done anything wrong and I really hope she is well and getting better but I Personally don’t think it’s anyone’s place to be commenting on her body or recovery. And making personal comments about her and her family is out of order too!
  • rayabean, turninglleaves, Undina and 11 others like this

#55 Ellakatt

Ellakatt

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1044 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

I like how upbeat she is. She's cute and she looks like she's making progress physically, but I don't find myself watching her content too much unless I want to trigger myself. The documentary is so graphic, but she did put a TW and I'm a dummy that uses it to fuel my relapse. 

I have to agree with the comments talking about how food-focused she still is though, I get it's a recovery channel, but it's not normal to be that obsessed with food. I wonder what she eats off-camera, I remember people pointing out she wasn't making as much progress with weight gain as she should have if she was truly sticking to that intake.

I hope she gets better, I really do. She seems like a very sweet girl. 

“Why can’t we all just be CIRCLES!!”

cw: 115 

lw: 90 

gw: 106 

h: 5'3.5

#56 OMANKO

OMANKO

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4173 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:39 PM

I feel so bad for her. I think she needs to get off social media and focus on non-food related things. I cried so much during her documentary. I don't like her but really she's just like us and I can't hate her for that.

chronic orthorexia + an/bp

IBS-A, adhd and bipolar ii

taking life one day at a time, currently relapsing

711ac3ac54046c9beeced563b7e05693.jpg

height   5'6

LW       101

HW       135

CW       113

accountability

my tumblr

#57 Skynny23

Skynny23

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3538 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:22 PM

I feel so bad for her. I think she needs to get off social media and focus on non-food related things. I cried so much during her documentary. I don't like her but really she's just like us and I can't hate her for that.

what documentary?

"The only person standing in your way is you"

You can either be the sickness in your life or you can be the cure

Want to binge? Yesterday you promised that there would be no more excuses....

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

#58 Skttrbrain

Skttrbrain

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

what documentary?

Maybe referring to her 1.5 hour video that was posted 6 months ago where she shares her hospitalization story

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
  • Depression blue likes this

#59 Popcorn_

Popcorn_

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1168 posts
  • LocationTrapped in the Internet

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

I think she's probably a sweet girl and the stuff that annoys people about her (slow talking/ food obsession etc) are just signs of her still being stuck in her eating disorder so I don't think she should be judged on that- a lot of us are like that.

As a person I have no problem with her but in terms of her channel I don't think it's very helpful to people still in their ED/ trying to recover and I don't like her being framed as a model of recovery when she still seems very entrenched in her ED and focused on food. I would rather see her take the time to focus on her recovery and maybe use her channel to talk about recovery rather than documenting what she's eating all the time because that still seems very disordered.

I've also seen her include body checks in her videos (one on holiday when she was showing her stomach) and body checks in her hospital video. I don't think that's very helpful but her videos seem more like a personal diary style than anything so I guess that's why she included them?

I hope she gets better and is able to recover fully, I haven't seen many of her recent videos but that's my opinion from what I have seen: nice girl, horrible illness.

• rayabean and paper_planes like this

Height: 5'5 (165cm)

CW: 110.0

LW: 103

GW1: 120

GW2: 110

GW3: 100

UGW: 90

100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91,

weight.png

#60 claraistired

claraistired

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

She seems like a very nice girl but the way she says "just eat" is slightly grating. I'm slightly irritated by the recovery tube's trend of saying "just eat" in general. Haven't people been spending the last forever trying to say that eating disorders aren't just about the food? I get that it's the immediate danger but for me once you take away the restriction, you are stuck with your demons at full volume. Why doesn't anyone ever talk about how to deal with the real underlying issues?

• Popcorn_ and paper_planes like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users