Thoughts on Elzani - Page 4 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Thoughts on Elzani

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 Die~hate~cry

Die~hate~cry

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Locationin bed probably

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:37 PM

I tried to watch one of her videos but it started with a montage of her eating while looking directly into the camera with a (to my dumb disordered brain) sort of mocking, woe is me face. The vibes were way off.
  • claraistired likes this

level of fucked: ate five stevia packets I stole from work and called it dinner

#62 Skynny23

Skynny23

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3579 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:35 AM

Maybe referring to her 1.5 hour video that was posted 6 months ago where she shares her hospitalization story

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Found it. Thanks

"The only person standing in your way is you"

You can either be the sickness in your life or you can be the cure

Want to binge? Yesterday you promised that there would be no more excuses....

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

#63 sour lemonss

sour lemonss

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:43 AM

I agree because we don't know if she is purging or is exercising off all the food she may be eating. :huh:

My theory is that she only eats that amount on days that she films, and doesn't eat/eats a lot less on days she doesn't film. Plus she doesn't film a lot of the actual eating just the cooking and several bites of it
  • SuccessIsNigh likes this

#64 antoj23

antoj23

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMy own world

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:43 AM

I don’t think she’s purging at all, she’s gained weight (significant amount) steadily over time, I think she is really having a problem woth extreme hunger (obviously after being under BMI 10)
  • TheJunior likes this

#65 Yugyeom's Chocoshake

Yugyeom's Chocoshake

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

i often forget she’s what, 24 ?

Elzani is 24?! I thought she was much younger

Verstuurd vanaf mijn G3221 met Tapatalk
  • Tired247 likes this

#66 TheJunior

TheJunior

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2128 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:59 AM

I think she is recovering but yes very slowly. She has A LOT to repair and also could be experiencing a slight hypermetabolism due to the damage she has done. And what she shows on camera may not be what she eats all of the time.
  • rayabean, SuccessIsNigh, itsybitsyme and 1 other like this

はじめまして! 名前はジュニアです。どぞ。アメリカ人です。

Height : 5'4
LW : 96.2
HW : ~129
CW : 124.7

GW1  :  115

#67 miss_world

miss_world

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationDown by the sea

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

I don’t follow her content, but I think she is suffering a mental illness, like pretty much all of us here, and saying mean things about her is pointless and kind of mean spirited. She probably has an account on here tbh. It would feel pretty shit reading some of the things posted here written about yourself by strangers in the internet
  • SuccessIsNigh, itsybitsyme, Train Wreck and 3 others like this

tumblr_n97kitRVU41qhu379o1_500.gif

****Harm reduction***  -->> https://www.myproana...ead-w-pictures/

#68 SuccessIsNigh

SuccessIsNigh

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:50 AM

I think the fact she seems to talk about things A LOT more rationally now speaks volumes for her, I recently watched her documentary and she stated she gained 10kg whilst in the hospital, yet she still looked the same... the amount of repair she needed to do to her internal body was incredibly drastic. I think she’s doing well, she was so poorly and it was heartbreaking to see he at her worst, I’m glad she’s improved so much since then, Elzani strikes me as someone that is trying incredibly hard to get better, it’s a slow and steady process (which is best and less likely to end up with a major relapse). I don’t know her irl but I’m incredibly proud of how far she seems to have come, and I wish her all the best for a happy, healthy and fulfilling future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • rayabean, Train Wreck and FindingSolace2019 like this

#69 SuccessIsNigh

SuccessIsNigh

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:55 AM

Also just wanted to add, she has what appears to be the most amazingly supportive family, and I really don’t think they would allow her to relapse hard again, they clearly care about her very much and want her to do her best and beat the eating disorder, I really doubt they would not notice if she was dropping weight &/or purging. She displays no signs of purging from what I can see from her yt, she’s worked so hard to get to where she is now and I genuinely believe she is on the (albeit slow) road to recovery.

• Train Wreck likes this

#70 CrazyStarvingArtist

CrazyStarvingArtist

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:54 AM

She needs independence is what I think. Time to start living life
  • sewerside likes this
■E■M■I■
☆ENFP☆

▪︎SW= 46kg (21.2)
▪︎CW= 40kg (18) As of 29 August
▪︎GW= 39kg
▪︎UGW= 36kg (16.2)

#71 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11379 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:56 AM

Emotionally and socially stunted individual with a food obsession. 

• sewerside and electric_avenue like this

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

Lowest BMI: 10.9

Highest BMI: 20+

Current BMI: 12's

d5cppi3-b97d47c2-8a5b-45ad-bde8-8434b57a

ask me stuff

insta

accountability/pics

#72 rayabean

rayabean

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:46 AM

Idk my dudes, I feel like it’s already crippling and overwhelming having to actively go through the process of recovery and being sectioned, I really feel for her and can relate in some ways.

To be fair I’ve only seen the documentary (that roughly 2 hour long one), and I personally gained just enough to function and be healthy but one can only do so much in such a small period of time?

Don’t come at me pls :( this is only my current personal perspective and I haven’t watched any of her other content or know much about her, but keep in mind the internet is savage and if I were in her shoes, I’d totally get the whole exaggeration method as a means of taming hate comments idk.

I see this often with many other ED channels or bloggers or IG accounts, and in a way I get it, but the downside is massive misinformation to the audience?

I hope this makes some sort of sense, again just my current personal perspective, maybe I’m projecting (deffo feels like it given my justification), but at the end of the day I get where it’s coming from?

EDIT: at the end of the day we all want to feel heard, listened to, accepted and understood. Everyone approaches that differently, for whatever factors playing into it is all.
  • StarStorme likes this

H: 5'5 ft

HW: 138

LW: 98

CW: 98

GW1: 110

GW2: 105

GW3: 100

UGW: 90

#73 Randie64

Randie64

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3643 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:15 AM

I think there was a period of time where she was actively trying to recover. Although she's always been obsessed with food, she restored a decent amount of weight. Now that's she's weight restored, her youtube videos have really slowed down. Is it because she is relapsing and losing weight? Is it because she is embarrassed of her new body so she doesn't want to make videos/take pictures? I suppose we will find out eventually

#74 claraistired

claraistired

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:39 AM

I think there was a period of time where she was actively trying to recover. Although she's always been obsessed with food, she restored a decent amount of weight. Now that's she's weight restored, her youtube videos have really slowed down. Is it because she is relapsing and losing weight? Is it because she is embarrassed of her new body so she doesn't want to make videos/take pictures? I suppose we will find out eventually

She did say something about her face being "massive" in early videos which is honestly a mood for me. I'm hoping she will either find ways to style her hair or do makeup to feel less bad about it or eventually feel better but I know it's unlikely because my face caused my relapse because I was tired of being called "fat face" everyday. 

#75 claraistired

claraistired

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:48 AM

She did say something about her face being "massive" in early videos which is honestly a mood for me. I'm hoping she will either find ways to style her hair or do makeup to feel less bad about it or eventually feel better but I know it's unlikely because my face caused my relapse because I was tired of being called "fat face" everyday. 

Right now I don't know if she just feels like she can't look better either way or if she is actively trying to change her perception of herself by wearing ponytails. I sincerely hope it's the latter. It's really difficult to tell with Elzani because she only gives hints about her body image and anxiety in general. If she doesn't open up to anyone, I think there is a high chance of relapse.

#76 rayabean

rayabean

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:08 PM

Not being funny but some of these comments are absolutely disgusting. I really don’t think ‘thoughts on’ posts about people are appropriate but especially not somebody who is clearly and openly suffering with mental health issues. Some of the thinks people are saying about her are very nasty and unnecessary in my opinion.

This is on a public platform which anyone can see and she could probably quite easily find, for starters she could google her name and find this thread, but In the off chance she was still suffering and came onto this site imagine if she stumbled across it.

Could you imagine finding a thread with people saying these things about you? I know if it was me I’d be absolutely devastated! She hasn’t done anything wrong and I really hope she is well and getting better but I Personally don’t think it’s anyone’s place to be commenting on her body or recovery. And making personal comments about her and her family is out of order too!

Extremely ironic too :( like haven’t we all done some shade of whatever’s being criticized? Aren’t we all aware we suffer in different ways, come from different backgrounds, fall, or rise in different ways?

The fact we’re bad enough to seek a community and cope through it is enough to stop us from poking at this, idk. Why is Eugenia more defendable that this girl, when Elzani at least has a clearer background?
  • paper_planes likes this

H: 5'5 ft

HW: 138

LW: 98

CW: 98

GW1: 110

GW2: 105

GW3: 100

UGW: 90

#77 itsybitsyme

itsybitsyme

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3011 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:37 PM

People better not attack her for food obsession as if refeeding and extreme hunger isn't common af during recovery. That girl is smiling and enjoying her family and living her best life. She even went back to school. I think if she gets a nice therapist and finds less eating challenge content to post she'll be fine. People who are scared of her relapsing because of weight restoration are projecting. But even if she does that's part of the process too.

She reminds me of rebecca jane and stephanie buttermore where their whole channel is food positivity and eating content. If anything I'm worried about the opposite, that she might develop binge eating because the underlying issues need to be dealth with and as far as we know she's not in therapy. It's easy to switch between disorders. Plus since her content is food focused she might feel pressured to eat on camera all the time or her viewers will think she's relapsed.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  • I'm Vegan btw likes this

tumblr_ppg5b6bRlQ1x4ydeto2_r1_540.gif

#78 0kg

0kg

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

I honestly watch her to trigger myself but i mean i like it. I am probably weird but when i am hungry i watch these types of videos and idk... i kind of feel like i am eating what they are but i hope she finds friends i think it is sad that her whole part of life that should be fun she spent just being close to death or eating like... she is going to have a hard time getting back into normal life i wish her the best but it also seems kind of suspicious that she still is very underweight but in the newest posts you can finally see that she looks different

#79 milipede

milipede

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:25 PM

People better not attack her for food obsession as if refeeding and extreme hunger isn't common af during recovery. That girl is smiling and enjoying her family and living her best life. She even went back to school. I think if she gets a nice therapist and finds less eating challenge content to post she'll be fine. People who are scared of her relapsing because of weight restoration are projecting. But even if she does that's part of the process too.

She reminds me of rebecca jane and stephanie buttermore where their whole channel is food positivity and eating content. If anything I'm worried about the opposite, that she might develop binge eating because the underlying issues need to be dealth with and as far as we know she's not in therapy. It's easy to switch between disorders. Plus since her content is food focused she might feel pressured to eat on camera all the time or her viewers will think she's relapsed.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why ppl are attacking her for food obsession... My ED made me food obsessed as well. And she was very ill and close to death. Starving your body almost to death for years while growing up obviously changes you, and I'd think people on this forum would really get that, idk. That she's a bit slow and seems kinda spaced out often? Yeah, her body was fighting to stay alive, her entire body suffered including her brain, and brain fog, attention problems etc are so common and obvious in ED. If your brain doesn't get enough fuel, your mind just won't be very clear, ofc. The things people attack her for are literally just anorexia symptoms... Is everyone here completely symptomless when nonstop starving and low restricting?
  • itsybitsyme, I'm Vegan btw, FindingSolace2019 and 3 others like this

#80 sewerside

sewerside

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4623 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

she's a very strange girl. i find it quite hard to watch a full video of hers because of the way she talks, it's very weird. for example i would say: "i'm gonna go out now" whereas with her it's "i am going to go out right now" - it's annoying asf. her sister satara seems more enjoyable, full of life & very happy. elzani still has that stiff smile as if someones pointing a gun to her head & these wide eyes that stare right at you when she's looking at the camera. still seems very forced.

there's something about her i can't put my finger to it. she seems very secretive & we don't know anything about her, it's all food food food. yes she has a ed but i would love for her to make videos about her actual life & what she likes doing instead of being all food / ed related. she has 2 channels, one called elzani & the other called elzani singleton & they are BOTH centered around her ed so what was the point? 

the mum seems like a bit of an airhead after watching the hospitalisation video ( literally an hour of body checking & her family saying they love her & everyone loves her) which was so so triggering. they baby her so much

i'm proud of her for eating more & she's looking better physically but mentally she's just not there. 

• Sanna135, skinnygreenteagal and electric_avenue like this

did you know amberlynn reid weighs more than a baby elephant?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users