Thoughts on Elzani - Page 5 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Thoughts on Elzani

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#81 ECANAX

ECANAX

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:56 PM

Well. It's seems like a lot of you
Don't have a good relationship with your mother lol.

And OF COURSE she likes the attention.. why the hell would she post in the first place.
  • activecheesecake and I'm Vegan btw like this
××× staarvlast ×××

HEI- 5'3

STARTINGW- 70kgs///
LOWESTW- 41kgs///

CURRENTW- 44kgs
GW8- 43kgs
GW9- 41kgs
GW10- 40kgs

#82 ECANAX

ECANAX

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:58 PM

I honestly don't see the problem with her.
Just another girl with an eating disorder posting about it on YouTube. And there's tons of em
  • Skynny23, activecheesecake and paper_planes like this
××× staarvlast ×××

HEI- 5'3

STARTINGW- 70kgs///
LOWESTW- 41kgs///

CURRENTW- 44kgs
GW8- 43kgs
GW9- 41kgs
GW10- 40kgs

#83 sunshine_vibration

sunshine_vibration

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:09 AM

She is a strange woman I think. I feel for her, I think she doesn't know how to be an adult after being ill and constantly looked after by her family for so long. She certainly looks like she's weight restored but still SO obsessed with food. Like she made a second channel saying it would be more about her life than just food. But she still only makes videos about food, cooking, eating, talking about it, probably because that's all she knows. Meanwhile her sisters are growing up and moving on with their lives and she is 24 and still living at home with her parents, no job, just making food, videos about food and eating food all day
  • Satori666 likes this

#84 Skynny23

Skynny23

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3566 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:33 PM

She is a strange woman I think. I feel for her, I think she doesn't know how to be an adult after being ill and constantly looked after by her family for so long. She certainly looks like she's weight restored but still SO obsessed with food. Like she made a second channel saying it would be more about her life than just food. But she still only makes videos about food, cooking, eating, talking about it, probably because that's all she knows. Meanwhile her sisters are growing up and moving on with their lives and she is 24 and still living at home with her parents, no job, just making food, videos about food and eating food all day

Tbf I can hardly judge, I'm 30, live at home, no job and just spend all day on here. Meh. My life sucks

• dandan and paper_planes like this

"The only person standing in your way is you"

You can either be the sickness in your life or you can be the cure

Want to binge? Yesterday you promised that there would be no more excuses....

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

#85 Skynny23

Skynny23

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3566 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:33 PM

I honestly don't see the problem with her.
Just another girl with an eating disorder posting about it on YouTube. And there's tons of em

100% agree

"The only person standing in your way is you"

You can either be the sickness in your life or you can be the cure

Want to binge? Yesterday you promised that there would be no more excuses....

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

#86 Haihai898

Haihai898

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2779 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:51 PM

Just my opinion!! I feel like she's kinda like me?? Quasi recovery maybe? It's not "as bad" like I eat 1,800 cals but I exercise and use lax sometimes...I'm trying to get to a bmi of 17.7 for therapy and dietician (currently 17.1) so they won't worry. Maybe she's kinda recovering. Eating more than she was, but secretly uses behaviors to maintain her weight to just be a little underweight to satisfy her ED and her family? That's just from my current experience and how I view it!!! She could be completely recovered! I Don't wanna put words in her mouth or seem rude
  • paper_planes likes this

<p>TWWW
Height: 5'5 1/2
SW: 180 lbs
CW: 104.4 BMI- 17.1
LW: 89 lbs
GW1: Try to get between 106-108 lbs so my dietician won't worry as much and maintain (BMI: 17.4- 17.8) 🙁🙁 [/color]
***GW2: When I move out, get to 95-100 lbs and maintain<p>tenor.gif

#87 littlelightweight

littlelightweight

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4208 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:19 PM

Boooooring! 

• Death.grips likes this

#88 Isengard

Isengard

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1501 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:53 PM

her family give me such a weird vibe. she mentions in videos how she was hospitalised at 17 and a couple more times before her long stay (the one she made a video about) i don’t understand how her family let her get that bad. she says she ate different meals to them but how they let her do that is beyond me. looking back on her insta posts on her main and personal over the years shes clearly never gone above a bmi of 18 and i just dont think her family are doing enough. also her sister satara is the same age as me and is very clearly overweight. i think its just a bad home environment, especially how they baby elzani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's like 20 something, they can't literally shove food down her throat. Although maybe they should have tried to get her sectioned sooner

#89 4everagiraffe

4everagiraffe

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:27 PM

I think that her making a YouTube channel for her recovery was her form of “accountability” - people online WILL talk if you aren’t doing what you say. She is still food obsessed, but after a life long ED, at least her food obsession is healthier now and she seems quite happy. She has gained a lot of healthy weight when you think of the fact that she was BMI 9/10 just two years ago.

I know putting things on the internet makes it free game for speculation, but How would you feel if you were openly recovering and you found this thread in YOUR name. She is very positive and if nothing else, she is trying and seems to be doing well. I’m no saint and I openly speculate about people like Eugenia cooney, but maybe it’s just me but if somebody is openly trying to overcome and recover from Their mental illness, why come at them with speculation that they aren’t trying hard enough?

I say good for her.
  • FindingSolace2019 and paper_planes like this

Our Pain is always accurate and striving to evade it's only design.

Height: 5'11

cBMI: 17.9

gBMI 1: 16.5

gBMI 2: 15

ugBMI 3: 13.8

(10/20/20)

#90 whyisopheliahere

whyisopheliahere

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:36 PM

she seems sweet and much better than how some of the other recovery youtubers are
  • PeachyThin612 likes this
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭, 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯

#91 e.amv

e.amv

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:53 PM

I personally can’t watch her, she’s not really all “there” if you know what I mean. But if it helps her & it’s helping other people then 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Satori666, Death.grips, PeachyThin612 and 1 other like this

#92 PeachyThin612

PeachyThin612

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:10 PM

She seems a lot better than before. She used to be really scared of certain foods in the past but she’s progressed a lot. I feel like she is very attached to her family, which isn’t wrong but she needs to get out there in real life. Most of her videos are about food and I know that’s what her channel’s about, but I feel like she needs to find other hobbies and to really recover. Life shouldn’t be all about food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#93 Die~hate~cry

Die~hate~cry

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Locationin bed probably

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:22 PM

honestly? she makes me so uncomfortable. I think shes just awkward on camera but it's like she's staring into my soul at all times

edit: turns out this isn't a new topic and I've commented before lol sane opinion though
  • _spacebetweenmythighs_ and PeachyThin612 like this

level of fucked: ate five stevia packets I stole from work and called it dinner

#94 _spacebetweenmythighs_

_spacebetweenmythighs_

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationThe Pantry

Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:16 AM

honestly? she makes me so uncomfortable. I think shes just awkward on camera but it's like she's staring into my soul at all times

edit: turns out this isn't a new topic and I've commented before lol sane opinion though

I agree. I only watch/watched her for the documentary which is major thinspo for me (as horrible as that sounds, I'm prob going to hell for saying that), but to me she just sounds like she's sort of reading off a script like she was scared of eating chocolate but is eating it because she may be forced to (off camera maybe her family is making her eat fear foods and she has to pretend to be elated) but that's just a theory.

• Die~hate~cry likes this

"Starve until you see the weight drop off,

That is when you know you're truly worth it after you reach your goals."

9920445_orig.gif

"Maybe if I skip dinner, get pretty and thin, maybe he'll love me."

#95 paper_planes

paper_planes

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:24 AM

bruh some posts on this thread harsh af
I went and watched a few clips of different videos and she definitely seems a little out of it, especially the videos from longer ago, but I’m so shook that people are judging her for mental fogginess and obsession about food. This is an eating disorder forum? I thought people would be a lot more understanding about her literal textbook symptoms of anorexia and her struggles with recovery. She admits to struggling and created a documentary of her struggles and actively encourages her audience towards recovery. She had a severe eating disorder for so many years, many of which were during her teenage years, so obviously regular development is stalled to some degree. Yes, her family should push her to independence, but dropping her off at an apartment alone and blowing a kiss goodbye will easily trigger a relapse.
Also, the vast majority of people are very ignorant and poorly educated when it comes to eating disorders and mental health in general. Depression is very common, but there are still so many people telling people who are depressed to “cheer up” and “look on the bright side.” The secrecy of an eating disorder and misinformation makes it very difficult for people to fully understand let alone treat an eating disorder, even with sufficient medical background. Thus, obviously her family isn’t perfect. It seems really nice of her family and her mother to stay home with her and support her when other families would give up on them and blame them for their eating disorder. Yes, professional involvement is likely required, but her closeness with her mother and her family’s support shouldn’t be criticized to such a harsh degree because they’re not professionals.
I was very surprised reading this thread. From what I’ve seen and read, what she is being criticized for and the manner in which it is worded is unnecessarily harsh and unsympathetic.
  • flesh flower, FindingSolace2019, Dopaminechase and 2 others like this

#96 Brokenroad9

Brokenroad9

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:30 AM

The hateful comments on this thread probably are all because we either are afraid of her recovery or hate her because in her we see pieces of ourselves.. for example, it frightens me to see someone’s recovery still so centered around food and bothers me because I wouldn’t want that for myself and for that sake I don’t really like the video content. But we all should be full of grace towards her because she did suffer and recovery is hard as fuck. I think her underlying motivation is to support The Ed community towards recovery and I can’t hate for that. I find videos more annoying of people who say they are *recovered* and proclaim all these health things & make recovery seem like it’s easy but meanwhile the disordered behavior is still obvious and they’re in denial and misleading many
  • _spacebetweenmythighs_, Dopaminechase, paper_planes and 1 other like this

STATS:

5'6

HW:  133lbs. RIP 

CW: 125lbs. (10-5-2020)

LW: 92lbs. 
GW: I’ll record it when I get there...

#97 thenumbersdecide

thenumbersdecide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:54 AM

shes okay. i only skimmed through a few videos. watching her eat grosses me out a little but so does anyone on video like in mukbangs and things like that. her most recent video about finding happiness may have made me tear up a tiny bit at one part but it was all so......corny. and i wish i could eat like that and not gain. no not really. i dont want things to be food,food,food all the time. i already feel like eating is a chore. but i did wish i had a bit of the passion she does. i wish i could eat freely again. i dont really know enough about her to really judge. but i dont think she could teach me how to be normal with food. maybe inspire me to love food more (no that actually puts me off) but thats it. my final answer is: she could be inspiring but at the same time off-putting.

#98 Occultum

Occultum

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:24 AM

Perceiving a persons “recovery” from the outside is so difficult. My knowledge of her is summed up by googling her name, feeling like I remember her making some dramatic “my anorexia story” YouTube that I saw years ago, and scrolling her Instagram. Based off that, I think she honestly is. She has made positive progress from 2017 to current. We ALL can, or should be able to, relate to “good and bad” days with our ED tendencies. To me, it looks like she may have small relapses over the years, but she is trending over time towards recovery and away from an ED lifestyle. She has maintain a safer weight, puts content warnings on her old underweight images of her body and focuses on healthy eating with portioned indulgences rather than depriving intake. All good things to me on the path to recovery. She shows herself lifting weights here and there. We have to keep that in mind when considering her intake. I haven’t watched any videos, so she might embellish or straight lie, I don’t know...but in any sense if she is actually lifting hard it’s very possible to eat insane amounts and maintain a smaller body size. She looks great to me and I’m happy to see someone with this recovery journey than the more common one I see; binge eating paired with obesity being masked as “recovery” and body positivity.

που τρέφει με καταστρέφει

#99 sunshine_vibration

sunshine_vibration

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:18 PM

Tbf I can hardly judge, I'm 30, live at home, no job and just spend all day on here. Meh. My life sucks

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Sending love ❤️

#100 frailmads

frailmads

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:03 AM

I think she is doing a lot better recently in terms of weight... but she still seems obsessed with food and filming it constantly which is weird in my opinion

• PeachyThin612 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users