Thoughts on Elzani - Page 6 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Thoughts on Elzani

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 FindingSolace2019

FindingSolace2019

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:23 AM

I really don't understand why ppl are attacking her for food obsession... My ED made me food obsessed as well. And she was very ill and close to death. Starving your body almost to death for years while growing up obviously changes you, and I'd think people on this forum would really get that, idk. That she's a bit slow and seems kinda spaced out often? Yeah, her body was fighting to stay alive, her entire body suffered including her brain, and brain fog, attention problems etc are so common and obvious in ED. If your brain doesn't get enough fuel, your mind just won't be very clear, ofc. The things people attack her for are literally just anorexia symptoms... Is everyone here completely symptomless when nonstop starving and low restricting?

I totally agree. She acts differently in her newer videos. Her speech is less choppy and she seems to have an easier time putting her thoughts together. Her body has had a crapton of healing to do and she may not ever 100% recover from the damage she has done to her body- including her brain. It's not like we get to choose which body parts the ED destroys or spares. She may have not been neurotypical to begin with. Who knows? It's not like it is a choice of hers in any case.

I'm also baffled at all the responses about how she isn't meeting traditional 20s milestones. Well, of course she isn't. Many people with severe EDs do not. They live with relatives or in hospital or they die. The sucess rates for treatment are dismal. Many people end up on disability. It's not like you reach a certain age and your brain decides you need to become independent and stops being disordered so you can get on with your life. Being independent isn't a realistic goal for some people, but being the best version of yourself is a reasonable goal.

Elzani isn't 100% well adjusted, but maybe fixated on food is the best she can do at the moment. It's a vast improvement than the level of functioning she had before.
  • RVsmtown, LALAJAPAN, Death.grips and 4 others like this
Stats/goals

Spoiler

#102 starstarcrazy

starstarcrazy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:01 PM

i do watch elzani, i used to think she wasn't trying to recover as ate so much but ddn't seem to gain and i thought that i would balloon like a pig if i ate what she ate, anyway it's clear she is doing well in recovery, gaining weight and happiness. i genuinley think she's finally finding peace with her disorder and she's looking forward to an ed free future. she's still very mentally fragile and i think things like her mum's cancer was a very tough time for her recovery. thry are a very close knit family which is nice, i think the whole family are a bit obsessive with food and they all sniff food which bugs me. they are obviously upper/middle class, i would never be able to afford their kinda food shop which has an inpact on recovery, she has easy access to plenty of food. her relationship with her dad seems off, he seems irratated by her. i think she is doing really well with recovery, we don't know if she's having therapy or taking any pyschiatric drug. i wish her the best.

#103 β„Œπ”¬π”«π”’π”Ά 𝔅𝔬𝔫𝔒𝔰

β„Œπ”¬π”«π”’π”Ά 𝔅𝔬𝔫𝔒𝔰

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:33 PM

People with Ed's lie and lie and lie to protect their disorder. She loves the attention from recovery. She's weird as fuck, her relationship with her mom is strange and she's waaaaaaay too close to her mom for a 20 something. She needs a life outside of food. Tbh I think getting a job and finding friends and a life outside of her mom and food is a million times more important for elzani than gaining weight is. THAT is what she should be focusing on.

agreed 100%

Hunger Pains and Golden Chains

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b1fb0d064a7c897f7d  

HW: 127

5'5

LW: 96

❀       β€       β€       β€       β€

Accountability:

https://www.myproana...ily-workouts-β™‘/

#104 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:57 AM

is she wr now?

I was wondering what her BMI is now. She deffo looks perhaps low/middle healthy range. 19/20 maybe?

Ome thing that really frustrates me about her, and dont get me wrong I think shes a superstar for coming so far and defeating her disorder, BUT she has this huge platform now that could potentially be used to share such powerful support and information about recovery. If she could talk properly about how she committed, how she rewired her neural pathways, how it's not always fun and happy,.. I.e if she were a little more open and honest about recovery because I'm certain it hasn't been the fun filled eating show she makes it out to be.
  • snufkincore likes this

#105 electric_avenue

electric_avenue

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationYork, UK

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:58 AM

she's defo a normal weight now, it's refreshing to see her finally looking healthy. she doesn't seem as forced anymore either- maybe she really is flourishing!

but lowkey i don't trust her. it's taken her almost 2 years to reach a normal weight which seems incredibly long amount of time given the amount of food she's apparently been eating, as shown in her vlogs. also, some of her recent videos seem to still be including bodychecking and possibly disordered attitudes towards food (food fixation, slow eating, waiting a long time before she starts eating etc). maybe i'm just a judgemental bitch 

wannabe egirl, pepsi max addict, lesbian

i just want to know how thin feels

CW:131 (BMI 22.3)  SW:137 (BMI 23.1)

UGW: maintain at 115 (BMI 19.5)

accountability below

https://www.myproana...ctric-boogaloo/

fa734e4a9828dea22a9d0a0b2f87a7f5

#106 electric_avenue

electric_avenue

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationYork, UK

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:03 AM

I'm also baffled at all the responses about how she isn't meeting traditional 20s milestones. Well, of course she isn't. Many people with severe EDs do not. They live with relatives or in hospital or they die. 

this isn't talked about enough.

of course people with severe anorexia like her should not be moving out or moving away to study like most people in their 20s do- if people are not around to monitor them, they will just starve themselves to death or die of refeeding syndrome. the best place for her is at home where she will be looked after, no matter how dysfunctional it seems from the outside

• Skynny23, I'm Vegan btw, Depression blue and 3 others like this

wannabe egirl, pepsi max addict, lesbian

i just want to know how thin feels

CW:131 (BMI 22.3)  SW:137 (BMI 23.1)

UGW: maintain at 115 (BMI 19.5)

accountability below

https://www.myproana...ctric-boogaloo/

fa734e4a9828dea22a9d0a0b2f87a7f5

#107 Skynny23

Skynny23

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3566 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2020 - 12:35 PM

this isn't talked about enough.

of course people with severe anorexia like her should not be moving out or moving away to study like most people in their 20s do- if people are not around to monitor them, they will just starve themselves to death or die of refeeding syndrome. the best place for her is at home where she will be looked after, no matter how dysfunctional it seems from the outside

very true 

• LALAJAPAN likes this

"The only person standing in your way is you"

You can either be the sickness in your life or you can be the cure

Want to binge? Yesterday you promised that there would be no more excuses....

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

#108 ☽elfin☾

☽elfin☾

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationValenwood

Posted 23 October 2020 - 12:54 PM

I had never heard of her before so I just checked a couple videos out. I was hoping for a trigger or something lol, but honestly she looks healthy?

The only thing I noticed- at least in the little bit that I watched- was a toooon of jumpcuts when she's eating. Specifically, I didn't actually see her swallow a single bite she took?

Idk. Like I said I'm not super familiar with her. She looks like she maybe still struggles with her relationship with food, as most people with ED's recovered or otherwise always do, but I think she's honestly trying and that counts for something in my book.

#109 Skynny23

Skynny23

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3566 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:16 PM

I had never heard of her before so I just checked a couple videos out. I was hoping for a trigger or something lol, but honestly she looks healthy?

The only thing I noticed- at least in the little bit that I watched- was a toooon of jumpcuts when she's eating. Specifically, I didn't actually see her swallow a single bite she took?

Idk. Like I said I'm not super familiar with her. She looks like she maybe still struggles with her relationship with food, as most people with ED's recovered or otherwise always do, but I think she's honestly trying and that counts for something in my book.

I think she is healthy now, but if you look for her older videos she was really unwell. I think at one point she had a BMI of 10... Idk as much as I find her videos kind of irritating and cannot knock her for her recovery. She has come such a long long way and it must have taken so much strength. 

• ☽elfin☾ likes this

"The only person standing in your way is you"

You can either be the sickness in your life or you can be the cure

Want to binge? Yesterday you promised that there would be no more excuses....

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

#110 Jessf0x

Jessf0x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 06:07 AM

is she wr now?

I think so because she made a q&a in about April saying she was almost wr so I'm guessing now she would be.

#111 g.lina

g.lina

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 06:38 AM

She looks frankly very very very normal right now. But that's for an Asian gal so maybe she's still thin for someone who's not Asian idk? I see way too many people on the streets who are skinnier than she is, so physically she's probably fine, but mentally? Who knows. I hope she's mentally okay and that she'll manage to live a relatively normal, healthy life.

About her closeness with her mom...well I don't see a problem with being quite close to your parents especially when you probably need it.

Or that might also just be another Asian thing. Either way, she's not that problematic, probably won't watch her but I hope she's doing well. 

158cm/CW 40.4 kg/UGW 36kg

SW: 42kg

HW: 46-47kg 

LW: 38kg

GW1: 39kg

GW2: 37.5kg

UGW: 36kg

All I'll say is

Height

Bones

Grades

Math

If I can't have these what's the point of living? 

No more restriction, no more ED. Just trying to live and forget about ever having an ED. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users