How could anyone possibly gain weight through c/s - Rumination Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How could anyone possibly gain weight through c/s

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 portraitofabulimic

portraitofabulimic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHoneymoon ave.

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

Every time I search online about how much weight people have lost doing c/s they always say they either maintained or gained. I can't fathom that because "calories in/calories out" should obviously work here? People have said it causes them to binge but then it's not c/s that caused that, its the binge. If I'm missing something here, someone please enlighten me.

tumblr_maroflrwnh1rqliaa_zps520ff3d0.gif

Ariana grande is my thinspo. Beautiful, talented and skinny.

21yrs

ht: 5'1

hw: 180

cw.115

gw:105

ugw:100

#2 Skinny_Be

Skinny_Be

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:02 AM

Yea it doesn’t make sense to me either. And the amount of calories that is actually swallowed or digested in the saliva is a super small amount. I think people use c/s in addition to whatever other disorder they have. So primarily they aren’t losing weight from just it. 🤷‍♀️ could be wrong but a lot of our problems are related in some way.
“A lady will eat like a bird. A lady will look like a bird, fragile boned and powerful when in flight, lifting weightless into the air.”

#3 bluesideblue

bluesideblue

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

I have no idea, the only way it seems possible if you're c/sing such a massive insane amount of food and the tiny bit that just naturally gets swallowed accidentally adds up to like thousands of calories a day lmao. That would be a HUGE volume of food and almost impossible tbh.

Or they're eating more outside times they c/s

HEIGHT: 5'8/173CM

HW: 175LB/79KG

GW: 110LB/49KG 

CW: 119.8LB/54.3KG 

#4 PekoPekoChouChou

PekoPekoChouChou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthwest England

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, no, I don't get it... I used to use c/s to curb my cravings for sugary sweet treats and I never gained from it. If people are binging from c/s then they ought to stop, only try it if you just crave the taste of something in particular, not food in general because having food in your mouth while feeling like that will lead to a binge. If you feel like you're going to binge then it's best to just remove yourself from the situation.
  • oujisama likes this
60Kg SW:60.3Kg I don't know you, but I love you59Kg CW:56.4Kg 58Kg GW:50Kg57Kg UGW:45Kg56Kg H:5'2"/158cm55Kg 54Kg53Kg52Kg51Kg<p>50kg

#5 Striving for memes

Striving for memes

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationBurning in an eternal hell

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:40 AM

Honestly, this might sound mean but like maybe they aren’t C/Sing correctly??
Like I don’t understand how you can possibly gain? Like unless you chew it until the point it’s like a liquid and accidentally drink half of it (that imagery is disgusting)
Like it should be impossible, your saliva doesn’t break down all your food and make you gain like people say. From experience I’ve always lost weight through this but somehow people say they gained.
Maybe also if they are eating like seasonings I think? Like salt on pretzels or anything salty. They may eat the salt and retain water but that’s the only 2 things I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • a good sniff and cambri like this
I’m always on that gay emo shit

#6 a good sniff

a good sniff

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1085 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

Honestly, this might sound mean but like maybe they aren’t C/Sing correctly??
Like I don’t understand how you can possibly gain? Like unless you chew it until the point it’s like a liquid and accidentally drink half of it (that imagery is disgusting)
Like it should be impossible, your saliva doesn’t break down all your food and make you gain like people say. From experience I’ve always lost weight through this but somehow people say they gained.
Maybe also if they are eating like seasonings I’m things? Like salt on pretzels or anything salty. They may eat the salt and retain water but that’s the only 2 things I can think of.

right?? you can't gain weight from things you don't ingest. fat absorption happens in your liver and intestines, these are the furthest away from your mouth with regards to your digestive track... the only way you can gain is when you actually swallow parts of the food, it is as simple as that.

and wtf is this bs about the 'harm' of c/s???? your mouth is literally designed to chew food, i don't see how it is dangerous to spit it out?? i do this so often when i don't like the taste of something, or when i instantly regret eating something - how is this harmful???? it really bothers me there is no decent research on this, it's such a vague and intangible thing... 

• cambri likes this

#7 Striving for memes

Striving for memes

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationBurning in an eternal hell

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

right?? you can't gain weight from things you don't ingest. fat absorption happens in your liver and intestines, these are the furthest away from your mouth with regards to your digestive track... the only way you can gain is when you actually swallow parts of the food, it is as simple as that.

and wtf is this bs about the 'harm' of c/s???? your mouth is literally designed to chew food, i don't see how it is dangerous to spit it out?? i do this so often when i don't like the taste of something, or when i instantly regret eating something - how is this harmful???? it really bothers me there is no decent research on this, it's such a vague and intangible thing...

I literally don’t understand how there is harms honestly like wtf? Like I’m just spitting it out? But like yeah you literally should be physically impossible to gain

I’m always on that gay emo shit

#8 light_angel

light_angel

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

To me this whole "if you don't eat you will gain" is a big urban myth. The same is true with c/s, it would actually be expected to lose weight instead of gain/maintaining because by chewing you force the metabolism to go faster since they understand there will be food coming down. In this case I strongly think that the weight gain comes exclusively from the binging.

My beloved monster and me
We go everywhere together
She will always be the only thing

That comes between me and the awful sting

That comes from livin' in a world that's so damn mean

~

source.gif

#9 Chlorophyll

Chlorophyll

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2455 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

I could have sworn I posted something in this thread when it was new....idk, I guess not. :P

I don't think anybody could possibly gain ONLY from c/s. People who engage in the practice don't c/s absolutely all of the food that enters their mouth, and maybe they just eat more than they think when they're around family & friends (and can't c/s?) I mean...there's gotta be several things at play there.

Also, while we're on the subject, I don't think c/s is dangerous for your mouth or health or whatever. It's been shown that chewing gum is actually good for oral health; why would it be different for food?

#10 light_angel

light_angel

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:10 PM

Also, while we're on the subject, I don't think c/s is dangerous for your mouth or health or whatever. It's been shown that chewing gum is actually good for oral health; why would it be different for food?

I think so too. Maximum could be that it would worn the teeth more but only if the person chews way more then the daily average which is also not common and I find extremely unlikely. The only action that could have a hard effect on mouth/teeth/health would be purging, due to acid release and other reasons we already know.

• Chlorophyll likes this

My beloved monster and me
We go everywhere together
She will always be the only thing

That comes between me and the awful sting

That comes from livin' in a world that's so damn mean

~

source.gif

#11 Frozen Grape

Frozen Grape

My Next Life..? I'm Coming Back as a Rabbit.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18901 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand (Nope, not part of Australia, Africa or Antarctica)

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:18 PM

Well if they're gaining weight then they're eating. End of. People who c/s obviously do eat in between episodes, and most likely binge. C/s, exercise addiction and purging don't automatically = weight loss because you can still overeat in between. 

#12 ItsBoshyTime

ItsBoshyTime

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1981 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:38 PM

They either suck at cs and swallowed the whole thing or they chose crappy cs foods like peanut butter or chocolate

MaleInsidiousGilamonster-size_restrictedgiphy.gif

#13 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1690 posts
  • Locationthe mental house of horrors

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:32 AM

They either suck at cs and swallowed the whole thing or they chose crappy cs foods like peanut butter or chocolate

Came here to say this

They're probably spitting out the chunks of food and swallowing the saliva which is still full of calories. Especially if they're doing like ice cream and shit that stuff goes straight down your throat if you don't know the proper *technique*. And they don't rinse. And because a lot of people use this to replace bingeing they might be actually bingeing more because it can increase your appetite. A lot of people say it brings on binges. For me it does the opposite. I am actually fully sick of junk food after a long week of c/s.

• Helloimaperson likes this

Pre-ED weight: 110 (21.2)

HW: 147 (28.4)

LW: 83 (16.0)

GW1: 101 (19.5) reached

GW2: 99 (19.1) reached

UGW:  97 (18.7)

BMIs calculated using new BMI calculator

giphy.gif

#14 koiko

koiko

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1182 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:06 AM

C/s makes your stomach produce acids as it is expecting to receive food. But since you don’t swallow it, the acid eats the stomach itself. That’s the danger on it

This can cause severe pain and bloating which is where the gain probably comes from

It also can slow your metabolism so when you do eat normally you store more fat

Accountability

Height: 5'4(164) HW: 250(115kg) GW: 95(45kg)

#15 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1690 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:21 PM

C/s makes your stomach produce acids as it is expecting to receive food. But since you don’t swallow it, the acid eats the stomach itself. That’s the danger on it

This can cause severe pain and bloating which is where the gain probably comes from

It also can slow your metabolism so when you do eat normally you store more fat

Uh source??? Lmao this is complete bullshit. If you're talking about starvation mode i.e. only taking calories in through c/s instead of eating, that's another topic entirely. C/S in itself does nothing to your metabolism whatsoever.

Your stomach only "eats itself" (also incorrect) when there's no food in it already. If you c/s with food in your stomach that you ate 2-3 hours ago it's not going to affect you. In fact it will just produce more digestive enzymes and could actually help digest your food (not that I'm promoting it at all).

giphy.gif

#16 koiko

koiko

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1182 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:27 PM

Uh source??? Lmao this is complete bullshit. If you're talking about starvation mode i.e. only taking calories in through c/s instead of eating, that's another topic entirely. C/S in itself does nothing to your metabolism whatsoever.

Your stomach only "eats itself" (also incorrect) when there's no food in it already. If you c/s with food in your stomach that you ate 2-3 hours ago it's not going to affect you. In fact it will just produce more digestive enzymes and could actually help digest your food (not that I'm promoting it at all).

source: I'm a nurse

Not everyone will c/s with food in their stomach. I personally only do it when fasting. And even if there is a little food, it is still dangerous. Your stomach still is producing excess acid and getting no food

And when you start chewing your body starts releasing hormones such as insulin to prepare to absorb the food. Having this habit can make you resistant to these hormones or make your body not know if they should be making them or not, and slow your metabolism

Accountability

Height: 5'4(164) HW: 250(115kg) GW: 95(45kg)

#17 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1690 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:27 PM

Not everyone will c/s with food in their stomach. I

That's not a source. I'm a nurse too.

giphy.gif

#18 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1690 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:46 PM

Not everyone will c/s with food in their stomach. I personally only do it when fasting. And even if there is a little food, it is still dangerous. Your stomach still is producing excess acid and getting no food

And when you start chewing your body starts releasing hormones such as insulin to prepare to absorb the food. Having this habit can make you resistant to these hormones or make your body not know if they should be making them or not, and slow your metabolism

Since you edited your comment I will elaborate. Insulin is released as soon as you SMELL food. It does not slow your metabolism. It makes it difficult to burn fat, but there is no mechanism by which insulin actually slows down your metabolism. Aside from that fact, research has shown the insulin released during a c/s session is negligible.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users