How could anyone possibly gain weight through c/s - Page 2 - Rumination Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How could anyone possibly gain weight through c/s

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Azimuth

Azimuth

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1373 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:22 AM

I think it's important to remember that simply getting up every single morning another day older slows your metabolism. People are extremely concerned with does this or that, but it's a natural thing that happens over time. Your bmr will go down as you get older and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

There's also confusion about digestion. It does start in the mouth, but it's enzymes in the saliva breaking down proteins; not calorie absorption which occurs later in the intestines.

People who use c/s, like myself, use it in addition to other restrictive techniques. I do it to avoid binging.

#22 MrsNoraPalmer

MrsNoraPalmer

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:53 PM

Digestive enzymes do release and start breaking down food in the mouth. A lot of junk has oil/milk & spice powder on it. Those calories are high, and would be stuck in the mouth. Also they unavoidably mix in with saliva, and are swallowed.
β€’Nora
~Just trying to move forward~

#23 lowwe

lowwe

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 08:10 PM

yeah if u actually do it right and don't ingest too much food in a day there's literally no way to gain through this sooo something else gotta be going on lmao

#24 HowAreYouToday

HowAreYouToday

happy hoe-lidays

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1469 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 10:41 AM

I c/s-ed every day for a few months during my worst relapse and lost about 30 lbs, without really rinsing super well between bites

take with that information what you will

I was c/sing practically everything though and barely eating so I probably just had a huge deficit

Sent from Neverland using Tapatalk
  • itsgonnabackfire, Firefly11 and Raccooner like this

5'2"

HW/SW: 166 lb (75 kg) 30.4 BMI

CW: 115 lb (52.2 kg) 21.0 BMI

GW1: 154 lb (70 kg) 28.2 BMI

GW2: 145 lb (65.5 kg) 26.5 BMI

GW3: 135 lb (61 kg) 24.7 BMI

GW4: 120 lb (54.4 kg) 21.9 BMI

GW5: 115 lb (52.2 kg) 21.0 BMI

GW6: 110 lb (49.9 kg) 20.1 BMI

GW7: 105 lb (47.6 kg) 19.2 BMI

UGW: 100 lb (45 kg) 18.3 BMI 

Tried recovery, it wasn't for me.

(Last Updated December 2018)

#25 Firefly11

Firefly11

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:18 PM

I’ve been c/s for 2 weeks now on crap tons of sugary things like cakes cookies.... been losing .5-1lb a day and staying in ketosis.  If I was absorbing even 5% of those carbs and cals I wouldn’t still be in ketosis lol. Whoever gains on c/s is bsing or not doing it right... I’m not even super strict on it either. Just wash my mouth out with water at the end of the c/s session.

#26 srnv

srnv

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 10:46 PM

c/s is seriously what i consider my holy grail restriction technique lol. i don't think anyone can gain if they're really making an effort to spit and not swallow. like after i eat my allotted calories per day, if i still feel hungry i'll c/s on sooo much junk food. and i think because i already ate and there's food in my stomach, it's not causing me stomach pain or anything.

i really like foods that can stick together and form like a soft lump in your mouth lol. it feels like those foods don't leave as much residue.

#27 thisisjustadistractionlol

thisisjustadistractionlol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 04:03 PM

right?? you can't gain weight from things you don't ingest. fat absorption happens in your intestines - the furthest away from your mouth with regards to your digestive tract... the only way you can gain is when you actually swallow parts of the food, it is as simple as that.

and wtf is this bs about the 'harm' of c/s???? your mouth is literally designed to chew food, i don't see how it is dangerous to spit it out?? i do this so often when i don't like the taste of something, or when i instantly regret eating something - how is this harmful???? it really bothers me there is no decent research on this, it's such a vague and intangible thing...

#28 π΄π‘π‘œπ‘π‘¦π‘›π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘Žπ‘’

π΄π‘π‘œπ‘π‘¦π‘›π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘Žπ‘’

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationIn your garden.

Posted 08 July 2021 - 04:30 PM

I didn't feel like reading through all the posts but I just wanted to add that it might have nothing to do with the actually chewing and spitting but that most people don't know how to correctly weigh themselves, that weight does not equal fat, that it takes time to actually lose fat, etc. (e.g. tried it for a week and expected to drop 5 lbs, had water weight gain and thought they gained fat from it, etc.).

INFJ-T ~ "The Advocate"

https://www.16person...nfj-personality

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users