How much time did it take you to lose the baby weight? - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How much time did it take you to lose the baby weight?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the universe

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:58 AM

During my pregnancy, I did everything I could to not gain too much. I went to the gym 5x/weeks until 37.5 weeks and walked half an hour to an hour a day until 41 (yeah I delivered late). I followed my doc’s guidelines to the letter and ate very healthily. Still. I went from 125 pounds-ish to 180. What a disaster.

Four months later stalling between 145 and 150. I decreased my caloric intake much further... now I can tell that I’m starving. I increased my daily activity a little bit but I can’t move that much yet since I’m recovering from a bad injury...and well, I have a baby to take care of. I’ll be returning to work in February and I’m afraid I won’t be back to a decent weight. I’m already anxious to leave the house because I’m so ashamed of myself.

Why is it taking so long to see results? How long did it take you? How committed were you to losing weight?

9f065fb4d6c474b426440c8fc5b01112.jpg

#2 merrymaryquitecontrary

merrymaryquitecontrary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

My son will be 9 months this month. My body is just now starting to be something recognizable. I gained about 50 pounds.. and technically lost it all within the first few weeks postpartum (I was terribly sick my whole pregnancy and so swollen I couldn’t even walk) but even though I was at my prepregnancy weight my body looked noootthing like it did before.

You have to remember all your organs were moved around and it’ll take a little time for your body to readjust. It’s got more important things to do right now than lose weight..

Try to not be so hard on yourself. Your body did an amazing thing and cooked and entire human from scratch.
  • littlemiss80 and ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar like this

#3 ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:26 PM

Don’t worry the baby is my number one focus :)

I’m trying to convince myself that I created that child and that it is reasonable to think that I have put on that weight during 9 months, so I should give myself 9 months to bounce back. The problem is that I’m a very methodical person who follows and is deeply curious about the science behind the human body. It is like that pregnancy is challenging my convictions. Nothing works as expected. It is so amazing, but so frustrating at the same time!
  • cheapdate and merrymaryquitecontrary like this

#4 recoveredliar

recoveredliar

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

I’m totally in the same boat. I gained 55lbs and have only lost 20 so far. I feel like it’s 1000x harder to lose weight now than it was before and I feel like I gain twice as fast now too. It’s really awful. I’ll always put my kids first but I feel like my body may never be able to get truly skinny now. Or that I’ll always have a little fat pouch where I carried her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24yrs 5'3
SW: 131
CW: 114
GW1: 112
GW2: 104
UGW: 98

#5 Guest_Fractured-porcelain_*

Guest_Fractured-porcelain_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:05 AM

Your pregnant for 9 months give yourself at least that long before you start really trying to lose

#6 ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 09:05 AM

I’m totally in the same boat. I gained 55lbs and have only lost 20 so far. I feel like it’s 1000x harder to lose weight now than it was before and I feel like I gain twice as fast now too. It’s really awful. I’ll always put my kids first but I feel like my body may never be able to get truly skinny now. Or that I’ll always have a little fat pouch where I carried her

I tried to find put if it is because your hormones are not back to normal until a few months but the answers are mitigated...

#7 recoveredliar

recoveredliar

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

I tried to find put if it is because your hormones are not back to normal until a few months but the answers are mitigated...

No kidding right?! And all I see is Instagram moms where their baby bump looks like my thanksgiving belly! My bump was huge and everything else got hella fat too. Also my boobs are huge and saggy now it’s awful

24yrs 5'3
SW: 131
CW: 114
GW1: 112
GW2: 104
UGW: 98

#8 ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

No kidding right?! And all I see is Instagram moms where their baby bump looks like my thanksgiving belly! My bump was huge and everything else got hella fat too. Also my boobs are huge and saggy now it’s awful

It’s super frustrating. But I also follow fitness ig lime Emily Skye who became huge when she became pregnant. We’re not alone, actually I think we’re the norm.

My boobs and belly have almost came back, my main problem areas are the legs, butt and back?! (I never had back fat in my life?!)

I feel that my baby is growing and evolving so fast and that because of my weight and my out-of-shape self I won’t be able to play and run around with him like I expected it to be when the time will come. There’s also the fact that I want to be a healthy model for him. I’m a fitness and nutrition geek and I so don’t look like it right now... I’ll keep working super hard and someday I’ll see the results I want I guess! 🙄

#9 merrymaryquitecontrary

merrymaryquitecontrary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

I keep thinking about this post and my reply and I’m worried I came off as super bitchy and not at all supportive and I’m so sorry if that’s the case.

I more just meant I know how hard it is right now and it will eventually get better and you’ll get back to feeling like yourself.. it just takes so long. Especially when comparing yourself to the Instagram perfect mommies.

#10 ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

I keep thinking about this post and my reply and I’m worried I came off as super bitchy and not at all supportive and I’m so sorry if that’s the case.

I more just meant I know how hard it is right now and it will eventually get better and you’ll get back to feeling like yourself.. it just takes so long. Especially when comparing yourself to the Instagram perfect mommies.

Not at all! You’re answer was perfect. It felt good actually to be told not to be too harsh on myself. In a way it is like I’m forgetting myself even if it is about myself... that seems paradoxal but I can’t put the right words on it

#11 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:24 AM

It's taking me forever. Went into my first pregnancy weighing 120ish. Was pretty much back to that 2 weeks post partum. 2nd pregnancy started at about 135ish. Took me about 6 months to get back to that. Third pregnancy went from 135ish to 170ish. Kiddo is 20 months now and im plateauing at 130 for months now. (Actually hit 129 today).

#12 meyer_lemon

meyer_lemon

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:36 PM

I lost it all within probably about 9 months by just breastfeeding...I didn’t actively restrict or exercise at that time.

#13 easilyforgottenbyyou

easilyforgottenbyyou

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationArkansas the pit of hell

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:01 AM

I gained 50ish pounds during my pregnancy started 125 ended like 178 I actually didnt lose much when I had him only like 20 pounds in the first 6 weeks and most of that was him. I had him in the middle of July and by the middle of February was back at my prepregancy weight so 7 months but my body was still different more fat in the he stomach and boobs than I was used to. It took longer for my body to look more like my body and even now my hips are still wider I think that's a permanent thing but it makes my thigh gap look way better so it's probably the most positive permanent change cause these stretch marks ain't. I'm now at 108 and he's 15 months almost exactly most of the weight came off when I went back to work definitely the best thing for my weight loss. I also exclusively formula fed after the first two month because we just couldn't get breastfeeding to work for us. I had inverted nipples he was lazy just wasn't our thing. Give yourself time it isn't immediate and work will probably help you idk it did for me but I work in food service so it's 40 hours a week on my feet and moving but it's a good distraction for sure and if you're breastfeeding don't expect the same results breast feeding helps the weight fall off for some but on others it sticks around because of the hormones and shit and it's also definitely gonna affect your body shape of you are breast feeding.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Stats: 5'5.5" cw:129 at end of first trimester of pregnancy ugw on hold until baby (was 90 will reconsider)

#14 Meraja

Meraja

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

I had C-section at the end of January. I was definitely above 175lbs, but stopped to weight in, when doctors said that I've gained too much ( it was about 55-60lbs ).
When I left hospital I've started doing these little workouts for C-section women, to strength the lower belly muscles, it was recommended by a physical therapist. It was mainly about lifting one and another leg up while lying.
After 3 weeks, I've started to using my stationary bike, without any doctor consulting (I know it wasn't smart, but fortunately it didn't affect my recovery). And after 3 months of mainly healthy eating, going for a long walks I was 132lbs.

I wasn't breast feeding. And must say that even I was 132lbs after three months, my body still needed time to recover from pregnancy. Belly wasn't so firm, and the scar made it look even worse. Now my baby is almost 9months old, my weight is about 123lbs, and my body look totally different. It's so firm and I don't have baggy belly anymore.

When I was leaving hospital, the physical therapist said that body needs 9months to become just like it was before pregnancy. I really didn't believe that it needs so much time, and was so sure that Im really able to speed this process up.
Now I know that she was right, our bodies needs time.
  • LittleMango likes this

#15 88888888

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:57 PM

Currently almost 6 months. Gained 7 lbs so far. Went from 128-135... Wondering if I will suddenly put on 40 lbs these last few months??

It's crazy how some people say they gained over 50 lbs! No shame... I'm just wondering when that happens during the pregnancy. The last few months?

I even lost a lb this week and I'm eating normal and not restricting. I'm so worried I'm gonna balloon up in the next few months

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar likes this
weight.png

#16 Nordlicht

Nordlicht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:37 AM

Gained 55lbs dueing my pregnancy and after 1.5 years and still breastfeeding only lost 11 lbs so far. Sometimes I cry because I'm still super fat and all me nice clothes are in the attic.
The lack of sleep and a quirky baby make it hard not to treat myself to much with sweets. I restricted myself to 1200 kcal now, because I won't lose any weight if I eat more and it's hell.
But I need to eat enough to breastfeed and take care of my family. To be honest I'm really frustrated about my weight
  • ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar and Jazzylyn_ like this

#17 cheapdate

cheapdate

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13598 posts
  • LocationNaboo

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

Give yourself time. I gained 25 pounds while pregnant but then AFTER delivery I was ravenous and stressed and gained even MORE weight. I didn't get back to my usual weight until my son was around 12 months.

It's really important to care for yourself, mama. Our bodies change SO much after having a baby and what worked before might not work perfectly right now but you'll find your groove. 

• ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar likes this

"For small creatures such as we
the vastness is bearable only through love."
Carl Sagan, Contact

Current BMI: 18.2

Goal BMI: 16.8

#18 ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

Currently almost 6 months. Gained 7 lbs so far. Went from 128-135... Wondering if I will suddenly put on 40 lbs these last few months??

It's crazy how some people say they gained over 50 lbs! No shame... I'm just wondering when that happens during the pregnancy. The last few months?

I even lost a lb this week and I'm eating normal and not restricting. I'm so worried I'm gonna balloon up in the next few months

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For me it started happening at around 4-5 months. Couldn’t stop it whatever I did

#19 ExcitingHyperHighspeedStar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

It has been about a moth since I posted this topic. I developed a diet that I think is really on point. I’m far from losing as much as expected for my age, activity level and weight, but at least I lose. I lost a tiny 4 pounds in a month.

I envy those who lost weight without a lot of effort but hey, we’re all different, right?
  • back_to_skinny and Meraja like this

#20 ♡Kayana♡

♡Kayana♡

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

I gained 33lbs , baby is a month and I’ve only lost 13lbs plus I’m breastfeeding so I can’t fast like I want smh
  • Jazzylyn_ likes this
♡Kayana♡

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users