How much time did it take you to lose the baby weight? - Page 2 - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How much time did it take you to lose the baby weight?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 LittleMango

LittleMango

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

I went from 101 to 142lbs. And I had a preemie, c section. Formula fed only. I'm only 3 months post partum and down to 110.

I feel so bad for saying this but I'm really struggling. I've only been physically able to workout for 3 days. My belly is so wierd and squishy

#22 PurgeBabyPurge

PurgeBabyPurge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:07 PM

Gave birth the end of October. I binged like crazy during my pregnancy and got all the way up to 216lbs. With my second pregnancy I was 202 when I gave birth and got down to 145 within 3 months-ish. Right now I am 172lbs. So down 42lbs so far with approx. 60lbs to go.

Height: 5'5''

HW :unsure: : 216

LW :) : 143

CW: 172

CW: 167

CW: 157

GW1: 140

GW: 120

UGW1: 110

UGW2: 100

UGW3: 99

UGW4 :D : 95

#23 momwithana

momwithana

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:36 AM

It's going to vary so much from person to person. So depends on your metabolism, health during pregnancy, whether or not you are breastfeeding.
I've had 6 children (yeah, I'm nuts). I gained everywhere from just 20 pounds to 45 pounds. But because I have a fast metabolism and I nursed all my babies and I did yoga daily during and after pregnancy... I was always back to my pre-pregnancy weight within the first 6 weeks after birth. Shocked the heck out of my doctor's and midwives.
  • back_to_skinny likes this

#24 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1910 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:51 PM

It's going to vary so much from person to person. So depends on your metabolism, health during pregnancy, whether or not you are breastfeeding.
I've had 6 children (yeah, I'm nuts). I gained everywhere from just 20 pounds to 45 pounds. But because I have a fast metabolism and I nursed all my babies and I did yoga daily during and after pregnancy... I was always back to my pre-pregnancy weight within the first 6 weeks after birth. Shocked the heck out of my doctor's and midwives.

Thank you for sharing your story which gives me so much hope. Did you watch what you ate while being pregnant? Are there any visible changes left after your pregnancies?

Affirmation for August ❤ I move forward in confidence and joy, knowing that all is well in my future ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 50,3 kg = 110,9 lbs = BMI 17.8 (13th August 2020)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

e162c639d2c9b2e26fdc5faa9547736f.gif

#25 momwithana

momwithana

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

Thank you for sharing your story which gives me so much hope. Did you watch what you ate while being pregnant? Are there any visible changes left after your pregnancies?

I did watch what I ate but I didn't actively restrict. I didn't go crazy and down a whole chocolate cake but I allowed myself a sliver every now and then. The pregnancy I only gained 20 pounds was because of HG (hyperemesis gravidarum, extreme morning sickness). I did yoga 3-5 days a week, 30-60 minutes each day. I really think that helped to keep my muscles in shape. So, I had no lasting or loose tummy skin by about 6 weeks post pardum.

(Of course I stopped doing yoga about 2 years ago so I have a belly now... But I've started back on a yoga routine again so hopefully I get my flat tummy back... I hate growing older.)

#26 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1910 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:01 AM

I did watch what I ate but I didn't actively restrict. I didn't go crazy and down a whole chocolate cake but I allowed myself a sliver every now and then. The pregnancy I only gained 20 pounds was because of HG (hyperemesis gravidarum, extreme morning sickness). I did yoga 3-5 days a week, 30-60 minutes each day. I really think that helped to keep my muscles in shape. So, I had no lasting or loose tummy skin by about 6 weeks post pardum.

(Of course I stopped doing yoga about 2 years ago so I have a belly now... But I've started back on a yoga routine again so hopefully I get my flat tummy back... I hate growing older.)

Thank you so much for clarifying. One day, when I'm pregnant I would like to be as determined and active as you were. The only problem is I rather go weight-lifting than do yoga but I think this has a similar effect. One more question - I hope you don't mind. Did you do yoga throughout your entire pregnancy or did you stop at some point?

Affirmation for August ❤ I move forward in confidence and joy, knowing that all is well in my future ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 50,3 kg = 110,9 lbs = BMI 17.8 (13th August 2020)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

e162c639d2c9b2e26fdc5faa9547736f.gif

#27 momwithana

momwithana

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:46 AM

Thank you so much for clarifying. One day, when I'm pregnant I would like to be as determined and active as you were. The only problem is I rather go weight-lifting than do yoga but I think this has a similar effect. One more question - I hope you don't mind. Did you do yoga throughout your entire pregnancy or did you stop at some point?

I switched to prenatal yoga once I got a belly. Some of the regular yoga positions are just not possible with a 9 month pregnant belly. LOL For most of my pregnancies I did yoga up until the day I gave birth. I did have a few days off after my babies were born though.

#28 Jazzylyn_

Jazzylyn_

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationGa

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:09 PM

I gained 33lbs , baby is a month and I’ve only lost 13lbs plus I’m breastfeeding so I can’t fast like I want smh

Same!! Breastfeeding so I cant fast but I really want to and i hate it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HW: 195 (ew)

CW: 182

LW: 130

GW1: 175

GW2: 165

GW3: 150

GW4: 135

GW5: 120

UGW: 115-105 :D

"If you really want something you don't stop for anyone or anything until you get it" - Blair Waldorf

#29 CatchingDreams28

CatchingDreams28

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:43 AM

I literally doubled my weight while pregnant. I was 85 lbs before pregnancy and 172 the day I had my son. He's 7 months old now and I am down to 124. But I was stuck at 135 until I caught the flu last week I am really struggling with the body image. But the one thing that comforts me is knowing I am making progress. Even if I don't see a drop on the scale, I make sure I get a work out in or I feel accomplished eating home cooked meals all week. Because I know that eventually, I will see a solid result if I just keep pushing.

#30 mythics

mythics

A Rock

• Accountability access
  • 1643 posts
  • Locationneptune

Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:56 PM

I'm almost 7 weeks post partum and absolutely losing my shit. I'm 5'9.5 and I went from 105 to 175 at the end of my pregnancy. I'm absolutely thrilled that my baby is healthy, but I'm dying over how heavy I am. I got weighed about two weeks ago and I was 160.5, and I get weighed again tomorrow at my post partum checkup, if I haven't lost anything I'm going to scream. This is the biggest I've ever been and I literally want to cut my massive gut off. I have that stupid "mommy tummy" spare tire thing going on and it drives me mad. I've been liquid fasting during the day and eating a (small) dinner with my husband when he's home from work. I try to excersize when I can but with a newborn it's pretty hard, I do a lot of squats while I'm holding him because it helps when he's fussy lmao. I'm really glad to see this post and that I'm not alone.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

burned.

#31 Stoneyy_

Stoneyy_

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:35 PM

I was 205 lbs when I gave birth 7 weeks ago. I am down to 145.5 lbs today.

#32 BeGoneBingeDemonsOfHell

BeGoneBingeDemonsOfHell

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:15 PM

I was at my pre-pregnancy weight before I got home from the hospital but postpartum depression and breastfeeding had me eating junk constantly. I'm 8 pounds away at 13 months postpartum. Just started losing again a couple of months ago. 

Highest/start weight: 233.0 lbs (BMI 41.3) 02/11/2018

Current weight: 165 lbs (BMI 29.3) 05/20/2020

Goal: Lose 103 lbs and be healthier for life.

5'3"

230 225

220 215 210 205 200

195 190 185 180 175 170

165 160 155 150 145

140 135 130

68 pounds lost, 35 pounds to go.

Popped out a baby and now I'm back at it.

#33 branwich

branwich

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:52 AM

i was about 102 when i got pregnant. when i went to be induced in feb 2019, i was 158. 3 days later when we got to go home, i was 130-something. by june i was down to 105.

ate a shit ton of junk when i was pregnant (i craved anything/everything sweet), didn't exercise or restrict or count calories at all. then after i gave birth i just went back to my normal, living off sugar free red bull and balanced breaks (cashews, cheese, dried cranberries) and whatever my mom or i made for dinner. also, i still didn't exercise and i didn't breast feed.

#34 Sapphirejewel

Sapphirejewel

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:36 AM

I gained 28lbs with my first baby and lost 21lbs in the first 3 weeks. I was also breastfeeding and more tired than hungry at that time lol!

#35 chubbycaterpillar

chubbycaterpillar

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

I gained 40 pounds while pregnant and hated it because the nurse practitioner I first saw when I got pregnant was all "you can only gain 15-20 pounds". Weighed 204 lbs when I was induced Feb 24, 2 weeks later I was down to 178. Baby will be 4 months old next week and I am stuck at 185 ish because I'm breastfeeding (and giving into all the cravings because husband has tons of snack food in the house) and really don't want to give it up yet. Even though being up 20 lbs from pre-pregnancy is killing me. I hate this extra weight.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users