Can prenatals cause weight gain? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Can prenatals cause weight gain?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 autumnxx

autumnxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Taking vitamins terrify me. I started a prenatal as I'm at that age where it's better than just taking a regular one. But I'm afraid they'll slow down my metabolism or something. I've read on other forums how people were complaining of weight gain. How?

#2 thighgapluv

thighgapluv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

I've heard they do wonders for your hair and nails. I can't speak about personally, but I do so much better when I take regular vitamins. And by that, I feel like my binges are less frequent and less severe (my body isn't screaming for nutrients) my energy level is higher, and since I take an additional iron supplement - I don't get as weak.

Best of luck, I'll be switching to prenatals in the near future :)

31 @ 5ft, 5 in and 3/4 ;)

HW - 275 Lowest adult - 153

CW - 165.5 (1/5/14)

"Back on the wagon" Goal 155 = no reward

G1 - 150 Hair color change

G2 - 140 New Watch

G3 - 130 Mini Spa Day

G4 - 120 Designer Jeans

UGW - 110

MFP: sasssybabe

“It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

#3 Guest_Ijp09_*

Guest_Ijp09_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Prenatals do not make you gain weight, nor do regular vitamins for that matter. Your body needs nutrients, and there are usually zero calories in vitamin pills, so it's a good idea to include them while restricting. There are whole food based vitamins that I prefer called raw New Chapter that do have calories (like 10) but you don't need to take them with food and are easier for your body to use, as well as being natural. It is necessary to keep yourself healthy, keep you from bruising (common) and keep your hair from falling out. It's how models stay beautiful (instead of look like crack heads) even though they eat hardly anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users