Kimchi - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Kimchi

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jinxie_*

Guest_Jinxie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:08 AM

Opinions on kimchi?
I've only just tried ot for the first time recently, it's so nice!! It's really spicy, so if I want to not purge I will eat it. It's incredibly low cal as well (22 cal for 100g). I got a vegan 300g container of kimchi and its lasting me ages.
  • Natasha B, oddana and Crayolaaa like this

#2 kizel

kizel

hoochie mama

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1647 posts
  • Locationsix feet under

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:23 AM

I tried a store bought one once and I didn’t like it, too pungent. Considering that’s how traditional kimchi is supposed to be, I prefer homemade better as the flavor can be slightly altered.

Don’t condone purging it either, not too pleasant coming up as it is coming down lol.

i eat and puke for sport

giphy.gif

stats

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Spoiler

#3 tiredgirl

tiredgirl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3978 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:35 AM

i love kimchi!! but im korean lol

you should make kimchi jjigae if you don't mind the smell permeating your house. it's just a nice soup with tofu, enoki mushrooms, and kimchi.. there's more stuff but those are the main ingredients and frankly imo the only ones u really need beyond flavoring

• champagne, lilacsinspring, Fourtie and 4 others like this

5'3

HW: 190 SW: 160 LW: 120 CW: 133.8 GW1: 140 GW2: 130 GW 3: 120 UGW: 110

Accountability

#4 oddana

oddana

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Locationtech help

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:50 AM

kimchi is the best!!!! i love making kimchi fried rice. not super lo cal but in small enough portions i think it’s fine. don’t know anything about purging sorry :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

豚男子

SW:161lbs

LW:127lbs

CW:127lbs

GW:100-90lbs

UGW: 87 lbs

weight.png

#5 Guest_Jinxie_*

Guest_Jinxie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:51 AM

you should make kimchi jjigae if you don't mind the smell permeating your house. it's just a nice soup with tofu, enoki mushrooms, and kimchi.. there's more stuff but those are the main ingredients and frankly imo the only ones u really need beyond flavoring

Oooh ill give it a try!! I have a Korean housemate and ive seen her making something that sounds kinda like what you've described. It looks sooo good but it stinks hahahah. She also makes this really yummy looking rice and red bean dish every night, would you know what this is called by any chance? :D

#6 Guest_Jinxie_*

Guest_Jinxie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:54 AM

kimchi is the best!!!! i love making kimchi fried rice. not super lo cal but in small enough portions i think it’s fine. don’t know anything about purging sorry :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, sorry i didn't word my post very well. I meant that if I'm wanting to not purge that day, ill eat kimchi so that i wont want to purge because i cant imagine purging kimchi to be pleasant!!

#7 Fourtie

Fourtie

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationFood Paradise

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:36 AM

Do you know how to make one? Mind sharing the recipe?  :)  :P

• tiredgirl likes this

161 CM (5'2)

CW: 41.5 kg

"I'm not there yet

but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

#8 tiredgirl

tiredgirl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3978 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:21 AM

Do you know how to make one? Mind sharing the recipe?  :)  :P

https://mykoreankitc.../kimchi-jjigae/

I use this one!!!! it's really yummy!!!

• Fourtie and NotABlueJewel like this

5'3

Accountability

#9 tiredgirl

tiredgirl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3978 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

Oooh ill give it a try!! I have a Korean housemate and ive seen her making something that sounds kinda like what you've described. It looks sooo good but it stinks hahahah. She also makes this really yummy looking rice and red bean dish every night, would you know what this is called by any chance? :D

hmm..  it sounds lke japgokbap!! is this kinda correct? https://kimchimari.c...gokbap-ogokbap/

5'3

Accountability

#10 NotABlueJewel

NotABlueJewel

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMementos

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:31 AM

It's freaking delicious! I agree with all the above! It's great with everything, really. Kimchi Jjigae, Kimchi Fried Rice, Kimchi plain.

Has anyone tried kimchi in a kimbap?

Also, since it's made with a fermenting process, it's got a lot of good bacteria for your gut, so that's a great plus!

I ran out of kimchi and now I'm sad because I can't find Nappa cabbage to make my own :c

• oddana likes this

"I can't get taller, but I can get thinner"

-NotABlueJewel 2019 lol

Currently doing:

• My very own best stop the binges. Once and for all. It may take time, but I will do the best I possibly can.
  • Writing this sentence
  • On a temporary quest of minimizing my meals to get to 48 kg mid December 2019.

If you need to talk, message me!

https://pa1.narvii.c...775c6a35_hq.gif

Height of 160.5 cm. I am WAIT I JUST DISCOVERED I'M NOT ACTUALLY 5'3 I'M IN THE 5'2s!!!!!! :OOOOOO I AM 5'26 ft. Wow.

UPDATE: Wait. I'm 163 cm?!?

Update again: Wait...162 cm

Update: ...163 again?

You know what. My height varies as much as my weight, so...Idk. Maybe when I stabilize my weight, my height will stabilize as well :)

CW: 58.5-60 kg

HW: 64.something kg

GW: 51.5 kg

GW2: 48 kg

GW3: 46 kg

GW4: 44 kg

(UGW)GW5: 42 kg

THE GRAND FINALE (UGW2)GW6: 40 kg or 40.5 kg

TFW someone can actually lean on your head because you're so short -o-

2020 Update

Currently doing:

• My very own best stop the binges. It feels like forever, but I will do the best I possibly can.
  • Finding Balance. I'm trying to reach my goals by learning to rely on myself.
  • I'm changing my set point, and doing so in phases. I want this for good, not for just 1 month.
  • My best to start taking charge of my life.

I might not be on here that much anymore, but I'm going to see what I do. I may be off here for months but still reading posts once in a while though not signed in. I hope for the best for all of you. This might change, and I might even start and accountability for my journey to find a better equilibrium for my body, but my main goal right now is to be satisfied with reaching the lowest but healthy weight for me.

I am training myself to believe what I tell myself and trust with the necessary moderation what my body is saying now, doing this from scratch, for the first time in a while. Baby steps, that's what you need to keep moving forwards.

(also, it seems like my height has once again changed??? I am 164cm again?? lol)

#11 daydreaming mermaid

daydreaming mermaid

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Location🌊Under the sea🌊

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:35 AM

Yay! Kimchi is the best! I buy the Biona one, I really want to make my own but that means waiting for it to ferment 😖 I love the smell but other family members hate it :D
✎•*ꑄೞᵉᵉ৳~❥︎∂ཞɛα๓ꌗ˖☽︎*◌︎⑅︎‧✩͓̊︎⋆︎
149144855211112800_auto_450x300.jpg

#12 whenusleep

whenusleep

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1919 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:54 PM

i first tried kimchi at a korean festival years ago and fell in love with it! so i recently found some and bought it. but the thing is, i don't know if it's supposed to be eaten hot or cold. i've been keeping it in the fridge, since i bought it from the fridge section, and i don't really like it cold. it seems kinda silly, i might just warm it up one day. but i'm afraid it'll taste terrible warm and i'll be scared off from eating the rest of it.
SW: 145 CW: 122.4 GW1: 130 GW2: 120 GW3: 110 UGW: 105

#13 Natasha B

Natasha B

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3486 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:55 PM

Opinions on kimchi?
I've only just tried ot for the first time recently, it's so nice!! It's really spicy, so if I want to not purge I will eat it. It's incredibly low cal as well (22 cal for 100g). I got a vegan 300g container of kimchi and its lasting me ages.

It's the only Korean dish that I will eat as I am not a fan of Korean food or rice. I do like Kimchi very much. 

Height: 5'8"

CW: 117 lbs

GW: 110 lbs 

UGW: 105 lbs

2017-09-12 18.33.14.jpg

#14 Guest_Jinxie_*

Guest_Jinxie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

hmm..  it sounds lke japgokbap!! is this kinda correct? https://kimchimari.c...gokbap-ogokbap/

Yes thats exactly it, thank you!!!

#15 a good sniff

a good sniff

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

I LOVE IT

and it's good for you gut!!!

#16 greennn

greennn

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1376 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:58 PM

I like it in small amounts since the flavor is really strong.
I don't know anymore.

#17 ByeBeyBello

ByeBeyBello

Fuck off!

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28609 posts
  • LocationIn my mind because the outside world sucks

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:47 PM

It's so good
I have never made a signature before so here it is RIP MPA

#18 uwumamii

uwumamii

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:22 PM

kimchi is pretty good shit. I like using kimchi to make low cal soups, or just eat it as a snack to prevent overeating.

5'3 | 16.3

#19 Apexx

Apexx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:33 AM

#20 MissStress

MissStress

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:25 AM

If I could, I'd eat kimchi every day for the rest of my life. It tastes bloody good, it is a super beneficial for your gut and digestion. All the fermented food actually. If I cannot get Kimchi, I substitute with raw sauerkraut, which is cheaper and available in every grocery store in my country. I'll add few drops of Tabasco sauce. And Yumm. Also fermented pickled cucumber is a nice option. Or Kombucha.

HW: 135 lbs

SW: 123
CW: 110.3
GW: 110

UGW: 100
CBMI: 18.6
GBMI: 16.8
5'4

source.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users