Please read: my experience with diet pill addiction, and how to prevent it. - Page 2 - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Please read: my experience with diet pill addiction, and how to prevent it.

diet pills diet pill addiction stimulants hydroxycut xenadrine lipo 6 caffeine ephedrine synephrine

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Bananasaurus

Bananasaurus

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8158 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

The more concentrated something is, the more powerful it is, and thus the more careful and mindful you should be with it, if you use it at all.
  • crimeforpunishment likes this
🍌

#22 crimeforpunishment

crimeforpunishment

Omniscient

• Members
  • 8403 posts
  • Locationwalking in the cold november rain

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:05 AM

Update: it's been two years and my resting heart rate still isn't back to normal

PUgnrRv.jpg

Height: 4'11"

MPA SW: 123.6 lbs

CW: 96.8 lbs hahahahaHA not anymore..

LW: 78 lbs

CONTROL FREAKS CLUB

Masochist of the Starving Sisters

Does my butt make these pants look fat? :unsure:

My accountability/thoughts: here

#23 boredbarista

boredbarista

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for sharing(: like a lot of people sad, if you can avoid them, do! They're not worth it and to be perfectly honest, they mess with your bowels when you do take them.

I abused the Jillian Micheals ones too much and it makes it really difficult for me to eat anything with gluten and diary.
  • ticktockmanny likes this

#24 Guest_faeriexthin_*

Guest_faeriexthin_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

I used to abuse diet pills to the point where I was living off of them, monster energy drinks and clif bars. It got to the point where I took 3x the recommended daily dose and had to have an ambulance come to my house because I was physically shaking. Those pills are dangerous. I know that using them makes your ED soar but god dammit it's so dangerous. Please take care of your bodies x

#25 tswedel_eume

tswedel_eume

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:23 AM

Hi,

thanks for sharing your experience and tips. and i if you don't mind me asking, what were the pills that you took?

#26 Lalaika

Lalaika

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

Update: it's been two years and my resting heart rate still isn't back to normal

Hi, I have an addiction to my diet pills right now. I want to quit but dont know how.. should i decrease the dose to half for some time and then try to leave it whole?

I REALLY want to.. whenever i do it, i gain weight and feel just terribly weak and sleepy. (sory for my english i am from argentina), thanks!

Flnhm3.png

#27 FightOn

FightOn

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1375 posts
  • LocationNortheast US

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Yep- I started diet pills a couple weeks ago- also using laxatives at least twice a day x 1.5 years. Have doc's appt in 11 days and feel like I need to use wildly bc I know she's going to push even harder for hospitalization. Have been having chest pains and arrhythmias both during my runs and at rest, but I CAN'T STOP. It sucks.
Ht: 6'0"
CW Muscular, 136
SW (nov 2016) 145 (BMI 19.6)
Exercise goal 2017: 2 marathons (Done!!), 2 ocean swims (Done!!)

Accountability: http://www.myproana....8#entry29796441

#28 Guest_Lypophrenia_*

Guest_Lypophrenia_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:19 PM

Thank you for sharing this.

#29 numbed_out

numbed_out

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2938 posts
  • LocationSomewhere either caring too much or not enough

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

Bumping this thread because this is so important for anyone to read who is considering using diet pills/any pills to try to enhance weight loss. Substance dependency is absolute hell, thank you for sharing your experience OP.

EDIT just realized this was pinned, good to see.

AN b/p. 

A chat

with the Grim Reaper

should be enough to scare

away any thought of relapse.

Wish it were that easy,

but not even days conversing

with death can disintegrate

the claws of addiction.

tenor.gif?itemid=4962262

#30 blankruledpages

blankruledpages

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

This was great, thank you for posting this!

i'll continue to hate me for another day

flower.gif?w=150&h=150 he/him || eighteen || canada flower.gif?w=150&h=150

tw, stats, updated January 19th, 2018
(no longer accurate and I won't be updating this for awhile so pls ignore thx)

Spoiler

#31 rosiejj17

rosiejj17

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

im so happy you got help for this and are bringing awareness!!

#32 Nice lady

Nice lady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

Great post

#33 Barbie Bones

Barbie Bones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

I thought dietpills was all a myth and that they don't work hmmmm

• PandarenGurl likes this

Who's skinnier?

giphy.gif

#34 jordanmwalkerr

jordanmwalkerr

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:42 PM

thanks for sharing! Genuinely curious as to what pills you took?

#35 anamaniacal

anamaniacal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

I've used caffeine based diet pills and those don't work for me and the ramp up my already insane anxiety/nervousness.
Garnicea kind of worked because it gave me such intense stomach cramps I couldn't eat. It also made me gave really awful constipation.
In my opinion the best appetite suppressants always have really negative side effects. So it's always a gamble, and a losing one once your tolerance kicks in and you find yourself struggling to maintain the good feeling/outcome. The worst part is it takes away your feeling of self control, so even the most disciplined user can feel at the mercy of a substance. Idk you really got to weigh the consequences with the fleeting benefits

#36 Metalheadspider

Metalheadspider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Ayyyyy I'm on wellbutrin too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#37 pancake4246

pancake4246

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

I know this thread hasn’t been used in a while, but in the rare chance that anyone is still following it, maybe this could help as well.

I have been taking diet pills for years. My most often taken right now are thermogenics. I took garcinia for a few years as well. Basically, any concoction of things I like the sound of, i’ll take. I never even considered the addiction side of things.

I have noticed a few changes in myself over the years, including but not limited to these:
-I can no longer take pills, regardless of type, diet or other, larger than maybe 1/2 inch without instantly gagging. It’s a trip to avoid throwing them up before they even get down my throat.
-I have noticed that taking a couple days off thermos can sometimes reset the twitchyness that comes from them, when it stops happening. But it does stop happening.
-I have given myself heart palpitations and an arrhythmia.
-My resting heart rate is all over the place. I will increase/decrease my heart rate by about 20 bpm just by breathing. Breathing in increases, breathing out/holding my breath will slow it significantly.
-I have an incredibly difficult time sleeping now. There are nights I can’t sleep at all. It takes hours of laying in bed frustrated to get any sleep, and sleep meds no longer work either.
-A lot of diet pills have laxatives in them, whether they be chemical or not. I have major digestive issues now as well.

Those are just a couple of the things I have felt physically. This list doesn’t actually include the list of things these pills have actually done to my body on the inside. The way they eat away at your heart and brain and other internal organs. I highly suggest staying away from them. There are a billion ways to lose weight. These are not magical pills.

​5'4

SW:147

CW:131

GW1: 110

GW2: 90

UGW: 0

kik: kiss.my.sass01

~ I destroyed my body, for peace of mind I never got. ~

~ For all the things you're alive to feel, just let the pain remind you that hearts can heal. ~

~ Beauty is a curse on the world; It keeps us from seeing who the real monsters are. ~

*~~ Not PERFECT yet. ~~*

#38 Guest_Skinnyminny95_*

Guest_Skinnyminny95_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:21 PM

And i fcurrently live off of my belovedhydroxy powder its AMAZING. But I only use it ore workout. Be careful its a dangerous rabbit hole

#39 Guest_Skinnyminny95_*

Guest_Skinnyminny95_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:23 PM

If my body reacts negatively I will stop taking them

Currently use vitaminsfor hair growth amd iron
Hydrxoycut powders gives me nice energy boost
And laxatives once a week to help me go
  • PrincessBeast likes this

#40 FatCrisis

FatCrisis

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:19 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this. I was considering starting dieting pills and didn't know about this :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet pills, diet pill addiction, stimulants, hydroxycut, xenadrine, lipo 6, caffeine, ephedrine, synephrine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users