Please read: my experience with diet pill addiction, and how to prevent it. - Page 3 - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Please read: my experience with diet pill addiction, and how to prevent it.

diet pills diet pill addiction stimulants hydroxycut xenadrine lipo 6 caffeine ephedrine synephrine

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 pentaclown

pentaclown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

i think it’s worth saying that if you’re prescribed stimulants for stuff like epilepsy and adhd, you should take them as your doctor instructs you to.

#42 JuicyCaliGurl

JuicyCaliGurl

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:19 PM

On phentermine here but I don't have addictive issues.

#43 Failure.

Failure.

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

At my lowest points, back in high school, I was taking half a phentermine about 4-5x a week, restricting heavily + water fasting at times.
One thing I remember is the muscle cramps. My toes would cramp up and freeze if I flexed them due to dehydration. There’s all kinds of warnings on the bottle about drinking water and a lot of people from what I’ve seen report quick loss of water weight and dry skin and such, I’ve experienced this as well.
I would wake up an hour or so early in the morning sweating and having what I guess were heart palpitations. I would silently crawl up the stairs, because I was too weak to walk upright but I didn’t want to wake anyone up who would worry over me. I’d sit in the cool of the fridge and drink water and eat a clementine. Beat myself up if I ate two or more or drank juice or anything that might mess up my intake when I felt better. When I think of my lowest point with my eating issues, this is where I go. My heart beating out of my chest on the floor of my kitchen at 5 am.
I had a routine of eating normally with friends on a planned day of the weekend, high restrict the next day, and start working my way down sometimes to a water fast with the pills for the rest of the week. The early morning episodes I mentioned would likely happen Thursday or Friday morning.

No one really knew. I’d have access to the pills one month but not another, and my weight would bounce up and down, I’d lose 10 pounds insanely fast but gain it back fast too. The water weight from the pills was probably a big factor but seeing the numbers bounce around so sporadically was fucking torture and it controlled me for a really long time. I weighed myself at every time you could think. One day of eating “normally” and the scale would tell me I was up 2-4 pounds it killed me and fueled the cycle.
I was admittedly never underweight, but this point was by far my lowest and I would never recommend the abuse of prescription diet pills. I’ve seen people try to find ways to get them from online doctors, lying about BMI and such, please don’t go that route. That’s all.

#44 Alvinnat

Alvinnat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:03 AM

Interesting topic. Id not heard of the 5:2 diet before. Bull City, what do you usually eat on your "low cal" days? Is there some guide book youve been following? I would thing what food and when you ate it on the fast day could make the day easier or much harder.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet pills, diet pill addiction, stimulants, hydroxycut, xenadrine, lipo 6, caffeine, ephedrine, synephrine

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users