Would you eat meat if... - Page 2 - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Would you eat meat if...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Limonwater

Limonwater

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1734 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

Because I was vegan, and it was worse for me. I just gave my opinion.
Sorry if my comment offended anyone, it was not my intention. I just don't like to continue risking my health (and i have now "alopecia areata" losing my hair in patches, and leaves horrible bald spots), at least if i want to have my hair back, i have to eat animals. I'm sorry.
I leave some pics of my hair situation:

You definitley don't have to eat animals to cure alopecia! Is this advice your doctor has given you?

Even Google says to try getting a mild steroid prescription if necessary from your doctor, and that most people make a spontaneous full recovery without the need for treatment? There's also research that suggests eating more fruit and vegetables can cure it?

It's also most likely caused by stress or genetics! Nothing to do with veganism.

If you're worried, try taking a B12 supplement and eating more protein, but it seems fair to say that not eating animals isn't what caused your alopecia

https://www.medicaln...0956.php#causes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  • Katie Katie likes this

#22 Guest_Abi18_*

Guest_Abi18_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

#23 Hamsandwich

Hamsandwich

The Archivist (MPA’s official mermaid)

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea

Posted 10 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Absolutely not

​I swear its not by choice

But ana has this voice

It calms me down

It gives me purpose

Rage Torture Blog

giphy.gif

#24 lalleshwari

lalleshwari

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Locationhic et nunc

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

no, i dont like the texture or taste of it at all and the thought of eating animal tissue is gross to me lol

same haha, that's the only reason i don't eat that kind of stuff. its taste, smell, texture, everything about it is just unbearable to me.
  • deadrabbit likes this

0db7194b545239eab20d44acfb8ea617ffc19a85
strawberry, my flesh; almonds, my bones; castilian rose tea, my blood.

Spoiler

#25 KittenPurrincess

KittenPurrincess

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4016 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

No cause its still a corpse at the end of the day
  • Wisdom98 likes this

#26 ex bulimic?

ex bulimic?

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

nope, not my right to eat it plus it's bad for me and the environment and tastes gross

• Katie Katie and Wisdom98 like this

cravin' death since '02

HW: 192

LW: 7.6lbs (at birth)

UGW: 90

#27 vaporlight

vaporlight

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3806 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 November 2019 - 12:12 AM

NO. I'm trying to cut down on my meat and get away from this sick addiction. Good good do you realize the horrible mental picture you just posted? My imagination filled in the blanks and it isn't pretty. I feel ill. Thank you I think I'll pass on that 3rd egg now and go hunt for some peanut butter....

( ^__^ ; ) 1 day b/p free.
That's it no more hummus. (The next day has more, lolz.)

#28 Christine-Amalie

Christine-Amalie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:46 AM

No because I don't like the taste of meat and I'm really picky about things I eat. And I don't like the texture of meat. Or the thought that this animal got killed for me.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

#29 thisiswhatiwant

thisiswhatiwant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

personally, i would not because regardless of everything mentioned, i know they'd have to die for me to eat them. don't you think it would be worst if somehow they lived a really happy life then their owner literally takes their life away? i can't imagine how horrible that would be - living my best life then being killed because someone wanted to eat me. but tbh most meat is factory farmed so the conditions are awful 

• rivalmascot, Katie Katie, Find_her and 1 other like this

#30 lonelyvenus

lonelyvenus

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Locationvenus

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:35 AM

no idc how well an animal is treated. all sentient beings deserve the right to life.

• rivalmascot, Katie Katie, Liblikas and 2 others like this

#31 healthybee

healthybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

No. I share the same sentiment as others above -- what right have I to take the life of another for my plate?

I want to emit the least harm from my existence as is physically possible. It is impossible to emit no harm, as being a human in this modern world harms creatures -- be it creating roads that I drive on to get to work that kills or removes creatures from their homes, the crops I eat and the pesticides or small animals that are killed in the process, the damage placing electrical poles and lines that allow for my electricity. The animals displaced and harmed by all of this. It is inevitable. And I am sorry it is the case.

But I do now carry out an existence to minimize any harm caused by my person -- this doesnt merely include not consuming animals, but I STRONGLY believe in kindness towards others. I believe in helping others when possible, judging as little as is possible (this is a natural human reaction but I try to think it through and try to empathize with the person I could be judging), I try to spread as much love as possible within my tiny sphere of existence, even if that's just paying a compliment to a random stranger about their hair being beautiful.

I believe that is the best life for me to lead, so I could never consume an animal again. They are sentient and I am blessed to have the financial means, and live in a society that is developed enough, to provide me with options and alternatives. So I would never choose otherwise.
  • Katie Katie, Lysle and oglehoof like this

tumblr na8d5qrEeG1srlqpvo1 R1 500

【you are that vast thing you see far, far off with great telescopes】

hw/sw: 196

gw1;180

gw2: 160

gw3: 150

ugw: 135

everything will be okay

♥my beautiful husband and our dogs are all my love and life♥

#32 Fatfatty

Fatfatty

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

No I wouldn’t. It’s still unnecessary murder in my eyes, no matter how ‘humanely’ it is done. It is still treating a sentient being like a product, no matter how great a life they are given. The way I decide what is right or wrong with the treatment of animals, is I pick the human I love most in the entire world and then I imagine ‘would I be ok if this happened to them?’ The answer is always no for me. This is my opinion on the matter, I don’t push it onto anyone else and I am not open to any further discussion about it as I have given it years of informed consideration.
  • rivalmascot, Katie Katie, Liblikas and 3 others like this

#33 sprintergirl

sprintergirl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8016 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:52 PM

still no. just the idea of eating something that was once alive grosses me out

• rivalmascot likes this

21 / scorpio / infj

5'9" / cbmi: 19.9

relapsed

Spoiler

#34 solitudinous

solitudinous

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Location~ welcoem 2 my twisted ass ~

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:50 PM

no, you couldn't pay me to

Spoiler

#35 alexrose

alexrose

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:37 AM

No, because i want to protect the most vulnerable. It is morally wrong to kill an innocent being when it isn't necessary.

Also for health reasons i wouldn't want to put any animal products in my body at all.

• Katie Katie and imbarfingrn like this

Vegan for the animals. 

Veganism is not a diet, it is a principle.

I love animals, so i do not eat them or wear them or exploit them in any way.

I do not support animal abuse, so I avoid paying for any animal products from the meat, dairy, fish & egg industries.

Be kind to all kinds of beings, eat more plants.

H: 6ft 1 (185cm)  |  GW1: 72kg bmi 21 | GW2: 69kg bmi 20.1 GW3: 65kg bmi 19 | UGW: 61.7kg bmi 18

#36 Raynne

Raynne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

Change "cattle" to "dogs" and most people would find these questions offensive.

It doesn't matter how much space you give them or even how many belly rubs you give them beforehand, needlessly killing animals is inherently immoral.

• Funeral4MyFat, rivalmascot, Katie Katie and 5 others like this

#37 Golden Jackal

Golden Jackal

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:08 AM

Nope.

• imbarfingrn likes this

My Goal Is Happy

Why Is That So Difficult?

#38 Guest_demolitionlxvrs_*

Guest_demolitionlxvrs_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:21 AM

no, the idea that meat is literally a corpse makes it extremely unappealing and upsetting. i dont want anyone to die for me, indirectly or directly

• Funeral4MyFat, rivalmascot and .Icarus. like this

#39 .Icarus.

.Icarus.

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:53 AM

Nope, the main reason I'm vegetarian is because I simply don't like meat
I wanna be your favorite boy

#40 Guest_Cinnamoncake_*

Guest_Cinnamoncake_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:46 PM

Replace the word “cattle” with literally any other animal. Dogs cats chicken piggies turkeys monkeys deer dolphins frogs hamsters whatever. I don’t believe in eating or wearing of any animals.
  • rivalmascot, Liblikas, Find_her and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users