Would you eat meat if... - Page 3 - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Would you eat meat if...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 terreatair

terreatair

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:05 AM

no, because I don't want to hurt animals and meat is not necessary. 

so I wouldn't want an animal killed for my tastebuds.

• LisaVeganMJ, rivalmascot, Katie Katie and 1 other like this

#42 SparklyDinosaur

SparklyDinosaur

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:33 PM

no, killing an animal for food is extremely unnecessary 

• LisaVeganMJ and rivalmascot like this

#43 peachpit_

peachpit_

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:34 PM

Honestly I’m a vegetarian for the environment not for the animals which sounds pretty shitty but it’s the truth & there are lots of cultures where the animals are not abused and are used completely, I feel that on a smaller scale (meaning not mass production which is extremelyyy unethical) it isn’t that bad, idk just my thoughts, personally I wouldn’t either way but I wouldn’t shame someone for it
  • almond butter, snøwghøst, Coffin50 and 2 others like this

#44 jadesama

jadesama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

no because it’s just meat and i already don’t eat it anyways and it lowkey makes me queasy if i think too much about how it was living. also i don’t eat meat mainly for the environm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • peachpit_ likes this

#45 gorilla_munch

gorilla_munch

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1576 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:19 PM

Absolutely not. IMHO there's no "humane" way to kill an animal. Murder is murder.

• rivalmascot, Liblikas, Lysle and 1 other like this

On all levels except physical I am a skinny girl

5'7 | SW 137 | HW 167.8 | LW 119.7 | UGW 100 | CW 156.6

Accountability thread

#46 Nessii

Nessii

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1862 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:38 AM

Definitely not.

• Lysle likes this

Height: 5'7

Lw: 112
Cw: 131

Ugw: 98

I wish I could've known about the view from half way down

#47 Trash Mammal

Trash Mammal

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:33 AM

I wouldn't. I don't think there is any humane way to kill an animal, no matter how happy they were while alive or how painless they die. It's still killing.
  • LisaVeganMJ, rivalmascot, Liblikas and 1 other like this

#48 Jacqueline_356

Jacqueline_356

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:21 AM

I would eat meat if it were something I or someone I knew hunted or fished (which doesn´t happen often at all). I´m a mostly vegetarian for the environment so as long as the animal is not part of the meat industry as we know it, I find it is less harmful. 

• almond butter likes this

#49 DietCoke&Unicorns16

DietCoke&Unicorns16

Sage

• Members
  • 1052 posts
  • Location♡ Unicorn World ♡

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:25 PM

NO NO NO
  • Lysle likes this

ʜᴡ: 𝟷𝟶𝟽ʟʙs

ʟᴡ: 𝟼𝟿ʟʙs
ᴄᴡ: 123.4lbs
ɢᴡ: 𝟾𝟻ʟʙs
ᴜɢᴡ: 𝟽𝟻ʟʙs
ᴜɢᴡ#𝟸: 𝟽𝟶ʟʙs
ᴠᴇɢᴀɴ & ɢʟᴜᴛᴇɴ ғʀᴇᴇ
ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀɴᴀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼
𝟷9 ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴏʟᴅ (ɪ ʟᴏᴏᴋ 𝟷𝟸) :ᴘ
ʜᴇɪɢʜᴛ: 𝟻'𝟹 ʏᴇʜ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ᴍɪᴅɢᴇᴛ
ɢᴀᴅ, ᴏᴄᴅ, ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ, ᴀᴜᴛɪsᴍ, ᴘᴛsᴅ tenor.gif?itemid=7834333original.gifIeQoKO.jpg4PPGtQA.jpgPB5NiV.jpg

: *・゚:* \(◕‿◕)/ *:・゚*:・゚

friendly reminder that small progress is still progress, and we’re all very proud of you for overcoming as much as you have.keep movin’ forward, u lil cupcake! ♥

: *・゚:*\(◕‿◕)/*:・゚*:・゚

Stuff that i like on spoiler :)
Spoiler
My Depression on spoiler :( ED stuff on spoiler :PPositive things on spoiler :D<p>

#50 LisaVeganMJ

LisaVeganMJ

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:17 PM

Nooo
It would make it more painful for me 😭 if I saw the animal and his/her innocence
  • rivalmascot likes this
If humans are animals, why do people freak out when I self-harm over animal abuse?

giphy.gif

Check here for proof that VEGANS ARE WEAK!!
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=kIKN5LNxFiQ

#51 rivalmascot

rivalmascot

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Only if the animal died of old age.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Suffering is beautiful.  I want to be beautiful. 

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.

#52 Anathin Skywalker

Anathin Skywalker

Sage

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

Nope. Animals are not food to me.

• LisaVeganMJ likes this

H: 5'6"
Hw: 168
Cw: 144
Gw1: 128
UGw: 115

#53 Creativesoup

Creativesoup

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 06:33 AM

I grew up on a small dairy farm and all the cows are killed when they no longer produce enough milk. Most also take the babies from their mothers.

I still eat dairy and eggs (eggs are from my very spoiled, happy chickens who started laying today!), and I already feel guilty about eating dairy products from animals that I’m not sure are being treated well.

I don’t think I would eat meat in the foreseeable future, even if it met the quota. Beef is a fear food, pigs are too intelligent to be killed and eaten, I adore my pet chickens and picture their adorable faces every time I see someone eating it, shrimp/fishing boats cause a lot of environmental damage/problems and I don’t want to support that, etc...

#54 nekogirl

nekogirl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

Nope. Never.
I think it’s different if people raise chickens and eat their eggs but meat is just completly wrong, there is no humane way to kill an animal, you’re still killing an aninal. Just the same, there’s no humane way to kill a human. I see no difference apart from animals are weak and helpless and can’t defend themselves, making it even more inhumane to slaughter them and eat their flesh.
Plus, red meat is incredibly unhealthy and just disgusts me in general. I’ve been vegan for two and a half years now and I will never eat meat again.
  • Lysle likes this

#55 Gnome Chompsky

Gnome Chompsky

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1822 posts
  • LocationIn my freezer. Freezing.

Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

I grew up on a small dairy farm and all the cows are killed when they no longer produce enough milk. Most also take the babies from their mothers.

I already was aware that most farms do this, and I very much disapprove. If I could, I wouldn’t eat dairy, but I’m a teenager and my parents are already opposed to me becoming vegetarian, let alone vegan. I drink almond milk when I can and try my best to regulate the amount of dairy I consume. Also, my estrogen was incredibly low (15 times less than the healthy amount), I frequently miss periods because of my ED, and dairy is the best way for me to get estrogen. Unfortunately, abstaining from milk products isn’t currently healthy for me or possible for the next few years
“I’m not sick
But I’m not well
And I’m so hot
Cause I’m in Hell”
- Harvey Danger, Flagpole Sitta

My Boring Stats
Spoiler
Diagnosed with AN - r (2018), probably most likely definitely bulimic now

#56 peach dreams

peach dreams

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:56 PM

No, for several reasons. First, whole I do care about the wellbeing of the animals, I went vegan primarily for environmental reasons and this would be nearly or just as bad as factory farmed meat when it comes to environmental degradation.

Second, I don't think it is ethical to to kill something that doesn't want to die if it's not in self defense. It's still the slaughter of an innocent being. If it had the best possible life, at the end of the die it is still being murdered so someone can consume it's flesh. How is that okay in any circumstances?

#57 peach dreams

peach dreams

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:57 PM

Definitely not. I’d eat a fucking human before I’d eat a poor defenseless animal (that’s just me though lmaoo)

Big same
  • sunnypop likes this

#58 Maryannamia

Maryannamia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 11:37 PM

Not personally (I can’t digest it lmao-) but if I was a regular eater I would consider it way more ethical. The way to stop animals being mistreated is to buy the products from places that treat them right and not to boycott every single meat farm. Then we could advance from there and gradually close the meat farms since y’know people gotta bring home the dough.

#59 Coffin50

Coffin50

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:26 AM

Honestly I’m a vegetarian for the environment not for the animals which sounds pretty shitty but it’s the truth & there are lots of cultures where the animals are not abused and are used completely, I feel that on a smaller scale (meaning not mass production which is extremelyyy unethical) it isn’t that bad, idk just my thoughts, personally I wouldn’t either way but I wouldn’t shame someone for it

I probably wouldn't eat meat ever again, but I agree with you! Humans are omnivores and the world would be so much better if everyone just limited animal products and the animals would actually have a life before they are killed.

Same thing for dairy. I believe people do NOT NEED milk, but if they really love it and want to have it, then they could have whatever amount is left,but the priority should be the baby cows.

New Accountability

Accountability

Height: 5'10 (178cm)
HW: 163lbs (74kg)
LW: 125.6lbs (57kg)
CW: scared to measure
GW: 132lbs (60kg)

#60 bangtana

bangtana

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:47 AM

No... to me, what they eat, how they are kept and treated, if they are conscious or not during the slaughter, none of that matters to me.. all that matters is that as many animals as possible stay alive and live their animal life to the fullest 

カタナ

HGT: 5'1

HW: 145

CW: FAT

(realistically, I'm almost at GW)

GW: 100

UG: 95

Rest in Peace Kim Jonghyun. I will love you forever and always. 04/08/90-12/18/17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users