Would you eat meat if... - Page 5 - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Would you eat meat if...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 moonlove_x

moonlove_x

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:40 AM

no.

for me it is like asking if someone raised a human nicely and feared for them and then killed them but in a painless and kind way, to est them, would it still be bad?

it doesnt matter how kindly animals are killed, they are still being killed for the sole reason of satisfying a humans stomach. i think its selfish to end someones life to just satisfy your needs if eating something you like.

any animal killing or abuse is wrong

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • atomickitty, melrose.lavender and strawberryclouds like this

#82 datahoe

datahoe

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Locationthe first trapezoid of hell!

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:52 AM

heckkkk no, just the thought of eating it makes me feel sick/just disgusts me

• Sweetcatastrophe and DizzyDoll like this

bingate.gif

[ ~the artist formerly known as hildegardvonbingein/liveloathelaugh, chronic lurker on my 3rd account, rip~ ]

[an b/p, orthorexia]

days purge free: 1, wooooo
days free of crushing existential dread: 0 

#83 JadeBee

JadeBee

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:13 PM

Nope. I’d only eat lab grown meat. I’d have to know 100% that no animal had to suffer just to give me something to eat :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sweetcatastrophe, melrose.lavender and Darling Nikki like this

#84 Darling Nikki

Darling Nikki

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationDante's 5th level of hell

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:19 PM

-You personally know the person raising the cattle

No, just because I know the person raising them doesn't mean I agree with it.
-Youve seen the animals and their environment

Again, I don't care. The animals could be in the most amazing environment and I STILL would not eat meat
-You know what they eat

Nope, nope, nope
-They are put to sleep before transport and sleeping during

They've been proven to feel scared, again nope
-You have seen the locker and ethics kept there

No matter how well they're kept they're still being kept for someone to eat them
-The meat is minimally processed

No
-There is no waste- all of the animal is eaten/used

I've heard this argument before and the only way it rings true or genuine to me is in survival situations or back before we became a developed country.

• alexrose, DizzyDoll and datahoe like this

5'6"

110 - 115 lbs GW

105 lbs UGW

Accountability: https://www.myproana.../#entry71855921

#85 MarryIsHungry

MarryIsHungry

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:22 AM

Definitely not. The main reason why I don't eat meat is I'm totally against killing animals. It doesn't matter how they're killed, to me they just shouldn't be.
  • Sweetcatastrophe likes this
Spoiler

#86 alexrose

alexrose

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:26 AM

No... it isn't necessary to kill and eat anyone no matter what when you can get vegan options everywhere now. It's morally wrong and that is all that is wrong in the world. People seem to accept killing and i don't want to be a part of it. The dairy and egg industries are the worst because they use & exploit the cows and chickens their whole lifetime until they are tired or too depressed and cannot reproduce anymore, then they are slaughtered.

• DizzyDoll, Kummerspeckalous and melrose.lavender like this

Vegan for the animals. 

Veganism is not a diet, it is a principle.

I love animals, so i do not eat them or wear them or exploit them in any way.

I do not support animal abuse, so I avoid paying for any animal products from the meat, dairy, fish & egg industries.

Be kind to all kinds of beings, eat more plants.

H: 6ft 1 (185cm)  |  GW1: 72kg bmi 21 | GW2: 69kg bmi 20.1 GW3: 65kg bmi 19 | UGW: 61.7kg bmi 18

#87 Pale_Marionette

Pale_Marionette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:36 AM

I just prefer the taste of plant based things. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thats the only reason I dont eat meat lol

#88 Phtisie

Phtisie

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:45 AM

Quick note about the psychopathy that is "treating the animals so well happy life lots of cuddles uwu so ethical buuuut I'll kill you when you're still young because that's when your meat is tender. Also, I'll take your kid away because we just needed you to lactate (humanely)".

• DizzyDoll likes this

#89 Carbs are the Devil

Carbs are the Devil

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:48 AM

I’m definitely not reading the comments

I love meat and am mostly carnivore keto-er
It has helped me feel better when eating and I DEFINITELY don’t have to binge it to be satisfied unlike carbs and junk food.
If steak and crab legs were cheaper I would live on only steak tbh
I absolutely love it. Always will.
5'4". female. 2 kids.
SW: 209
CW: 201 (6/24/20)
GW: 130
GW2: 120
UGW: 110(or less)

#90 DizzyDoll

DizzyDoll

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

Absolutely not. There is no such thing as humane slaughter. It’s still taking an innocent, sentient beings life away and manipulating the female body (eggs and milk) for your own gain even though it’s not as healthy as eating plants.
With that being said- I totally understand that your parents have more control over your diet than you do so I’m not judging you for not being able to be full vegan. Most vegans I know grew up that way and some friends I have who depend on their parents to buy them groceries can’t really expect someone to go out of their way to buy a whole different meal plan just for them.

#91 alexrose

alexrose

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:34 AM

I’m definitely not reading the comments

I love meat and am mostly carnivore keto-er
It has helped me feel better when eating and I DEFINITELY don’t have to binge it to be satisfied unlike carbs and junk food.
If steak and crab legs were cheaper I would live on only steak tbh
I absolutely love it. Always will.

I understand you love the taste of meat, but what about the animals feelings? Do you condone animal abuse? Do you condone the violence and suffering of someone just because you like how they taste? Have you watched Earthlings?

I’m just speaking for the victims. Please don’t hate me

Vegan for the animals. 

Veganism is not a diet, it is a principle.

I love animals, so i do not eat them or wear them or exploit them in any way.

I do not support animal abuse, so I avoid paying for any animal products from the meat, dairy, fish & egg industries.

Be kind to all kinds of beings, eat more plants.

H: 6ft 1 (185cm)  |  GW1: 72kg bmi 21 | GW2: 69kg bmi 20.1 GW3: 65kg bmi 19 | UGW: 61.7kg bmi 18

#92 Carbs are the Devil

Carbs are the Devil

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:52 AM

I understand you love the taste of meat, but what about the animals feelings? Do you condone animal abuse? Do you condone the violence and suffering of someone just because you like how they taste? Have you watched Earthlings?

I’m just speaking for the victims. Please don’t hate me

No hate. I don’t see animals The same way you do. It’s totally fine. I don’t approve of animal abuse but that doesn’t prevent me from getting meat at a meat market. and no “I wouldn’t eat my pets” or whatever else someone wants to try to accuse me of, but hell I’d try human flesh if it was legal and could be cooked appropriately. I can’t do carbs anymore - or I just can’t stop them. It’s a never ending binge if I eat carbs, especially processed factory created shit. Protein via animal sources is the only way I can be healthy, mind and body. If I had money for a farm I’d raise my own and do it myself. It’s a part of nature to me, I apologize if that hurts someone’s feelings here but if it wasn’t for meat none of us would be here. Our ancestors had to eat something to survive. I prefer it this way.
5'4". female. 2 kids.
SW: 209
CW: 201 (6/24/20)
GW: 130
GW2: 120
UGW: 110(or less)

#93 Sweetcatastrophe

Sweetcatastrophe

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

Nope.  I've seen too many videos of mama pigs or mama cows screaming as their babies are taken from them.  (Plus, I never really liked the taste anyway.)  I always think about how the thing I'm eating used to have eyes, a family, and a life, and a soul, and it makes me super nauseous and so so incredibly sad.

Audrey Hepburn: 5'6"/ 103/ 34/20/34

#94 q1s2e3

q1s2e3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:20 PM

Personally no but I’d be happier if other people ate meat like that vs factory farmed animals. I just wouldn’t be able to do it in any case and I never liked the taste of beef in the first place

Spoiler

#95 Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:02 PM

Interestingly, my choice was made slightly later in life (early twenties from memory), and it was because my bf at the time decided he wanted to go vegan.  I suppose you could say my original thoughts behind it were purely dietary health driven (within a recovery from heavily restricting).  Once I started to do a lot more research into it I started to see my choice wasn't just the diet.  I can't condone taking any form of a life for any reason, I don't believe that is my choice to make.

I love mock meats, I love (good) dairy alternatives that actually taste somewhat like dairy (cheese has been a forever struggle as I went from vegan to vegetarian and now trying to go back to vegan, I never found a good vegan cheese).

Getting back to the question of whather I would eat meat again, as someone else mentioned, 100% lab grown and zero lives taken (and depending on how you look at that you may have a very different opinion on whether or not it has cost lives to produce that, just as farming vegan crops takes the lives of insects etc.) I think would be acceptable to me, I'm just not sure how I'd feel while eating it. The psychological effect of eating it again, chewing on flesh, tasting real meat...yeah, I dunno about that one.

• alexrose likes this

b37.png

#96 amesuki

amesuki

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:41 AM

No, because the animal would die for my „pleasure“ (yuck, even thinking that word in that context! :x) nonetheless. No animal (with the exception of insects, as they involuntarily die when crop is being harvested) will ever have to die again for my choice of eating. 

I couldn’t eat meat or eggs or dairy anymore, anyway. It’s too disgusting. One exception is fish, but only a few and little. 

• atomickitty and alexrose like this

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Height: 5‘5“ ~ \ ~ 167 cm 

• CW: 135 lbs ~ \ ~ 61 kg

• GW: 110 lbs ~ \ ~ 50 kg 

#97 melrose.lavender

melrose.lavender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:33 PM

nope, i love them so much i couldnt do it

• atomickitty likes this

#98 GloriousThorn

GloriousThorn

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2099 posts
  • LocationWest Coast

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:01 PM

EDIT: First off, WOW. This is a ton of responses and I honestly thought I'd get like, 3 nopes and this thread would die. So thanks for that guys! I posted this thread because I do not have full control over my diet (parents are the best, amirite?) And these were all of the excuses my mother gave me to NOT be "allowed" to not eat meat. In recent months, we have still been compromising. Thank you all for the (rather resounding) input you have given.
So I am NOT trying to start an argument and I'm just wondering for you guys:
-You personally know the person raising the cattle
-Youve seen the animals and their enviroment
-You know what they eat
-They are put to sleep before transport and sleeping during
-You have seen the locker and ethics kept there
-The meat is minimally processed
-There is no waste- all of the animal is eaten/used
Would you eat it then??

No because humans are not physiologically designed to digest meat. It causes inflammation and other health problems
  • atomickitty likes this
"I couldn't utter my love when it counted
ah but I'm singing like a bird about it now"

33 years old
Height: 5'1 and a half
HW: 165
CW: 118
LW: 103
GW: 110 (for now)

#99 R4DF3M

R4DF3M

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:17 AM

I would only eat meat again if my life depended on it. I don't care as much about the life of the animal as I care about the environment/health (maybe that makes me a bad person idk, at the end of the day I don't eat them anyway) and the life of the animal isn't going to have an impact on the industry as a whole. there's so much waste that goes into and out of industrial animal farming: crops that could be eaten directly, land that could be used for crops (and cutting down forests for it), water for crops and animals, transportation, excess medication (causing resistance to antibiotics etc) and not using every part of every animal when we've already wasted so much. for me it's about the bigger picture. also meat makes me sick now lol

accountability https://www.myproana...ting-this-time/  :wub:

weight.png

GW1: 70kg

GW2: 65kg (BMI: 20,1)

GW3: 60kg (BMI: 18.5)

UGW: 55kg (BMI: 17,0)

#100 atomickitty

atomickitty

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:05 AM

Nope. Never plan on eating any animal products for the rest of my life.
  • Nyg likes this

=^● ⋏ ●^=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users