Anyone else not like wasting food? - Page 2 - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone else not like wasting food?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 PixelCat

PixelCat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9394 posts
  • LocationHiding from Dr Now because de coronavirus did not make me eat dat.

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:06 AM

Yep, my kids wasting food drives me nuts. I often wait until after the kids have eaten dinner to eat mine, I can often put together a good little low cal dinner out of it for myself. I did that tonight. Though I totally shared the steak with the cat.
Am I PixelWhore or WhoreCat?

89-D1-B993-7-BD3-4-B01-88-BD-6-A686-EE3-

giphy.gif

My boring stats below. Probably haven’t been updated since the Jurassic period.
Spoiler

#22 Pinup Pretty

Pinup Pretty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:11 AM

I have a pet dog. If my daughter doesn't eat all her food or I've had enough, I give the leftovers to the dog. He's stoked for the treat and I don't feel bad about it.
Your friend's dog works just as well.
CW: 65kg (144lbs) GW: 55kg (120lbs) BMI 17.6<p>LW: 51kg (112lbs)

#23 Mitsy

Mitsy

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:07 PM

I have a pet dog. If my daughter doesn't eat all her food or I've had enough, I give the leftovers to the dog. He's stoked for the treat and I don't feel bad about it.
Your friend's dog works just as well.

Hahaha my aunt and grandparents used to periodically bring leftovers to my family dog when i was a kid.

We also keep a compost, so food waste doest going to waste, instead it becomes food for the garden

Also my dad will eat just about anything inside of a tortilla with salsa, which is how my mom usually deals with leftovers

5'3"

cw 109

hw 155

lw 75

sw117

gw 105

ugw maintain above 100 below 115

F*** you ED!

#24 Toucan-Sam

Toucan-Sam

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2020 - 12:01 PM

I don't want my kids to suffer the "clean your plate or else" treatment I got that led to my overeating past the point of being full. I'm sure this contributed to my BED. 

However, I can't stand throwing anything away, so I finish my entire meal, sometimes get seconds, and then finish what my little ones and wife pass on. Bad cycle.

#25 notslimkindashady

notslimkindashady

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:10 PM

Sometimes it bothers me, but I try look at it like this... I'm not going to treat my body like a garbage bin. The food can go in an actual garbage bin, thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users