Losing weight is almost too easy now... are there other secrets to success in life? - Rumination Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Losing weight is almost too easy now... are there other secrets to success in life?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dietpilled

Dietpilled

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4359 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:47 AM

Before I “discovered” c/s I had the worst struggles with eating, BED, pretty much every aspect of weight loss you can imagine. Now I’ve dropped like 2kg in a few days. Let that sink in. Before, I was walking 9 to 13 miles a day and it still took me 2 months to lose 2kg. Heck, in all of October I lost an average of 0.3lbs. POUNDS. in September my average weight was 106.3 according to Fitbit. October was 106.0. Now my weight is 102.6lbs. In less than a week. I had tried everything. OMAD. Keto. Mono. Heck, fucking self hypnosis. I was on the floor crying after another binge. Every few days I’d binge. I’d cave in. My life was awful, filled with food, exercise and self loathing. And like I said, the weight wouldn’t budge, because after days of careful planning I’d STILL binge. I had read books on bingeing and self discipline. That’s why it took me 2 months to lose 2kg in the beginning. I remember the worst binge ever was order like 8 plates of food at an Indian restaurant and thought my stomach would literally burst, because I was sick of the struggle. I wrote pages after pages of journal entries trying to fight the binge urges. Idk why I’m writing my life story now. I thought I’d only write two sentences:
“Losing weight is almost too easy now. I wonder if there are other secrets to success?”
For example, studying. Or making friends. Just one secret to unlock all other. I guess for some authors it was “discovering binge urges are a different animal from your logical mind.” That may be good and all but I still felt out of control. I felt like c/s was a secret kept from me, and no one told BED fellas about it. Some ana-r’s never struggle with bingeing.

Idk. This c/s thing... I sort of think it’s like a godsend. Sometimes I wonder, “what’s the catch?” I feel like I “deserve it” for trying out all these stupid methods - but I also feel like, what if it’s because I never stopped trying different things? And then now I’m thinking, what if... there are other areas in life where if I didn’t just stop trying, I would’ve found the secret?

Fuck. I’m losing weight so damn easy now it’s insane. I also refunded an entire bag of chips and a handful of biscuits. This would’ve been a normal binge in the past. I think the only catch so far is the tiredness. And possibly malnutrition later, like I almost passed out walking today. Yeah.
  • Juplm, hoseok world, isitlupus and 1 other like this

Previously ".Erased" and “39 cups”

Add me on the Ate app! FTWJ-34H6

#2 Guest_Jinxie_*

Guest_Jinxie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:52 AM

Do you keep any food down? Or are you cs basically everything you eat? :o curious as 2kg loss sounds appealing as fuck, and I've recently been spitting out myfood, almost compulsively
  • willowbluebell and Dietpilled like this

#3 Dietpilled

Dietpilled

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4359 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:14 AM

Do you keep any food down? Or are you cs basically everything you eat? :o curious as 2kg loss sounds appealing as fuck, and I've recently been spitting out myfood, almost compulsively

I've been eating 900 to 1000 a day, when I cs everything I felt like death. exactly the same as if i would've been eating that amount to begin with. I also made another post just now that "did it rev up my metabolism?" because according to my calculations I should only have a TDEE of 1750 and a deficit of 750 to 1000 a day, but now my TDEE's over 2400! if you try it I'd like to know the results. I don't feel hungry at all but I'm super exhausted, as if I was fasting or smth or maybe it's doing something strange to my metabolism. a lot of what I cs is greasy but wholesome foods with protein and carbs I only keep down apples and oranges though

#4 Dietpilled

Dietpilled

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4359 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:16 AM

I've been eating 900 to 1000 a day, when I cs everything I felt like death. exactly the same as if i would've been eating that amount to begin with. I also made another post just now that "did it rev up my metabolism?" because according to my calculations I should only have a TDEE of 1750 and a deficit of 750 to 1000 a day, but now my TDEE's over 2400! if you try it I'd like to know the results. I don't feel hungry at all but I'm super exhausted, as if I was fasting or smth or maybe it's doing something strange to my metabolism. a lot of what I cs is greasy but wholesome foods with protein and carbs I only keep down apples and oranges though

#5 Dietpilled

Dietpilled

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4359 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:20 AM

I also take regular whole poops too, which is so strange compared to the strained pellets I get when I even high restrict like this.
the only downside I've noticed is being like incapacitated after meals so for an hour I'm just lying on my bed. I wish there was more research into this. but I wouldve done the exhaustion nap from a binge anyway.

#6 Sweetbritches

Sweetbritches

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

Dumb question but do you “eat” in front of others? Where do you spit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 Dietpilled

Dietpilled

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4359 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:29 AM

Dumb question but do you “eat” in front of others? Where do you spit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont eat in front of others, but if i did i could compensate later, so it's like a win win for me.
I have a large coffee mug I never use that holds a huge volume, I line it with a cheap trash bag that like $3 for 100, so that I do it at my desk and dont have to see it through the mug. I have a second large container to rinse my mouth in. I think its a lot of trial and error. I tried it in a ziplock bag and couldn't stand seeing it, or over the toilet and feared splashback, getting up and down, and clogging it.

#8 Guest_Jinxie_*

Guest_Jinxie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

Yooo are you still losing?? Holy fuck ive been c/sing a lot, only keeping liquid cals down, and ive hit my lw of 2019 because of it... does it stop?? Or will i keep loosing... so exicitng!!
Not feeling any negative effects apart from a little bit exhausted, that could just be electrolyte imbalance or ye ol heart problems though

#9 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1690 posts
  • Locationthe mental house of horrors

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:26 AM

Idk what's going on I reached my GW in a week and I've been trying for months to get past this plateau. C/S scares me how easy it makes weight loss. Now I don't know if I'll be able to keep anything down though. I don't want to keep losing to infinity I'm actually kinda happy where I'm at ._.

• hoseok world likes this

Pre-ED weight: 110 (21.2)

HW: 147 (28.4)

LW: 83 (16.0)

GW1: 101 (19.5) reached

GW2: 99 (19.1) reached

UGW:  97 (18.7)

BMIs calculated using new BMI calculator

giphy.gif

#10 Guest_mariesenerity_*

Guest_mariesenerity_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

What is c/s?

#11 distortion

distortion

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Locationthe void

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:29 PM

What is c/s?

an acronym for chewing and spitting, which is, well, exactly what it sounds like. chewing something as if you were to eat it, but opting to spit it out instead

i am shamelessly addicted to c/s, and its been replacing my binges as of late

d̻̙̙͖ͪͣiͪ̒̈́̽̋ͦ̏s̥͇̱̹t͍̲̘̙̞͔̯̊o̬̓ͨ̈́̅r̩̰̖ͭ̐̅t͉͙̗i̲̾͋̇́͌ͤo̱ͪ̇͗̏̄̎͐n͔͖̓͊̈͒͐̍̊

he/they

old as the universe itself

ednos (currently restrictive)

the personification of a spiraling e̘͇͚͚̎̿nͧ̂̓̂t̻̜̱͍̟̋̊ͩît͉̻͔̯̪̥̮ͥ̋̓̍́̅ý͙̑̊ͤ

Spoiler

#12 Guest_mariesenerity_*

Guest_mariesenerity_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

an acronym for chewing and spitting, which is, well, exactly what it sounds like. chewing something as if you were to eat it, but opting to spit it out instead

i am shamelessly addicted to c/s, and its been replacing my binges as of late

Interesting.

Are you tempted to swallow? If I attempted that, I believe I would not be able to NOT eat.

• distortion likes this

#13 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1690 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

Interesting.

Are you tempted to swallow? If I attempted that, I believe I would not be able to NOT eat.

Yeah but that's when you spit it out. It's different for everyone and it does make some people binge instead. But it is neverending because the hunger never gets satisfied.

• distortion likes this

giphy.gif

#14 fatfxck

fatfxck

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:06 AM

Before I “discovered” c/s I had the worst struggles with eating, BED, pretty much every aspect of weight loss you can imagine. Now I’ve dropped like 2kg in a few days. Let that sink in. Before, I was walking 9 to 13 miles a day and it still took me 2 months to lose 2kg. Heck, in all of October I lost an average of 0.3lbs. POUNDS. in September my average weight was 106.3 according to Fitbit. October was 106.0. Now my weight is 102.6lbs. In less than a week. I had tried everything. OMAD. Keto. Mono. Heck, fucking self hypnosis. I was on the floor crying after another binge. Every few days I’d binge. I’d cave in. My life was awful, filled with food, exercise and self loathing. And like I said, the weight wouldn’t budge, because after days of careful planning I’d STILL binge. I had read books on bingeing and self discipline. That’s why it took me 2 months to lose 2kg in the beginning. I remember the worst binge ever was order like 8 plates of food at an Indian restaurant and thought my stomach would literally burst, because I was sick of the struggle. I wrote pages after pages of journal entries trying to fight the binge urges. Idk why I’m writing my life story now. I thought I’d only write two sentences:
“Losing weight is almost too easy now. I wonder if there are other secrets to success?”
For example, studying. Or making friends. Just one secret to unlock all other. I guess for some authors it was “discovering binge urges are a different animal from your logical mind.” That may be good and all but I still felt out of control. I felt like c/s was a secret kept from me, and no one told BED fellas about it. Some ana-r’s never struggle with bingeing.

Idk. This c/s thing... I sort of think it’s like a godsend. Sometimes I wonder, “what’s the catch?” I feel like I “deserve it” for trying out all these stupid methods - but I also feel like, what if it’s because I never stopped trying different things? And then now I’m thinking, what if... there are other areas in life where if I didn’t just stop trying, I would’ve found the secret?

Fuck. I’m losing weight so damn easy now it’s insane. I also refunded an entire bag of chips and a handful of biscuits. This would’ve been a normal binge in the past. I think the only catch so far is the tiredness. And possibly malnutrition later, like I almost passed out walking today. Yeah.

Ok, I am very interested in this..

So what do you usually restrict on and actually eat and what are the foods that you c/s, like is it mostly savory foods or do you c/s desserts and sugary stuff too? Also how much do you c/s, like what amount?

#15 fatfxck

fatfxck

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:08 AM

And as to if there are secrets to success in other areas of life.. I really wish I knew! But hey, if you ever find out, please let me know!!

• Dietpilled likes this

#16 Dietpilled

Dietpilled

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4359 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:44 AM

Ok, I am very interested in this..

So what do you usually restrict on and actually eat and what are the foods that you c/s, like is it mostly savory foods or do you c/s desserts and sugary stuff too? Also how much do you c/s, like what amount?

Okay it’s been a month and there ARE 2 catches:
1. My teeth hurt from c/sing so much, it takes up a lot of time
2. Accidental swallowing leading to binges :( but I find if I don’t swallow a single bite I don’t binge at all.
Lately I’ve stopped c/s altogether because I’m just in a give up hope mindset “binge out of hopelessness”, but it does work when it works.

I c/s’d everything imaginable, but it’s also very expensive. Pizza, burgers, greasy Chinese takeout, sushi platters, chips and cookies all day. You don’t get full so it’s easy to go through a lot of food and time. It’s better than absorbing the calories at least and takes care of binge urges too, and you’re not hungry afterward either. I went through 3,000 to 5,000 a day, a few times 9,000 calories. It was a lot easier to restrict outside of that, and based on my spreadsheet obsession you really do not absorb any calories at all. (My calculated TDEE remained 1700’s) imo its better than purging if you can do it (I can’t cs with others around) bc purging has a lot more health risks and sometimes “you can’t get it all up”

#17 fatfxck

fatfxck

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

Okay it’s been a month and there ARE 2 catches:
1. My teeth hurt from c/sing so much, it takes up a lot of time
2. Accidental swallowing leading to binges :( but I find if I don’t swallow a single bite I don’t binge at all.
Lately I’ve stopped c/s altogether because I’m just in a give up hope mindset “binge out of hopelessness”, but it does work when it works.

I c/s’d everything imaginable, but it’s also very expensive. Pizza, burgers, greasy Chinese takeout, sushi platters, chips and cookies all day. You don’t get full so it’s easy to go through a lot of food and time. It’s better than absorbing the calories at least and takes care of binge urges too, and you’re not hungry afterward either. I went through 3,000 to 5,000 a day, a few times 9,000 calories. It was a lot easier to restrict outside of that, and based on my spreadsheet obsession you really do not absorb any calories at all. (My calculated TDEE remained 1700’s) imo its better than purging if you can do it (I can’t cs with others around) bc purging has a lot more health risks and sometimes “you can’t get it all up”

I see, thanks so much for the detailed response!

I'm also at a stage where it feels like I've tried everything but nothing seems to stop me from binging once the urges get bad enough. This is something I haven't tried yet, or at least not intentionally, but next time I feel like a binge is inevitable I'm gonna give c/s a go. I'd be happy even if it works sometimes, since the only options for me are binge or not binge (I just can't purge..) so this way I could at least have the sensation of eating but not gain afterwards

• Dietpilled likes this

#18 Dietpilled

Dietpilled

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4359 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:39 AM

I see, thanks so much for the detailed response!

I'm also at a stage where it feels like I've tried everything but nothing seems to stop me from binging once the urges get bad enough. This is something I haven't tried yet, or at least not intentionally, but next time I feel like a binge is inevitable I'm gonna give c/s a go. I'd be happy even if it works sometimes, since the only options for me are binge or not binge (I just can't purge..) so this way I could at least have the sensation of eating but not gain afterwards

let us know how it goes!
there's more tips around here such as eating a low cal meal right beforehand and drinking lots of fluid to feel full. also I rinsed after every bite if that counts towards the fact I didnt absorb any.
  • fatfxck likes this

#19 DissociativeDelirium

DissociativeDelirium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn a box, with a diet coke and a videogame, and the box is on fire

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

You absorb calories even in the mouth too though don't you? How would you calculate for anything accedentily swallowed or absorbed?
Part of
https://www.myproana...6#entry69816189
It's the best ♡

5'3" 100lb (high weight 110 low weight 85, goal weight 69)
Currently I'm just fasting as much as possible and doing mostly liquids

I'm a youtuber and love videogames ( AlbianAdventures), I am the class clown

PTSD DID (system of 58) Autism TBI chronic pain and depression

#20 extrasmoothtoiletpaper

extrasmoothtoiletpaper

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1690 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

You absorb calories even in the mouth too though don't you? How would you calculate for anything accedentily swallowed or absorbed?

No you don't. It's estimated you can absorb up to 5% of the glucose molecules in your mouth. Sugar is made of fructose and glucose together (the only pure glucose is a glucose tablet for diabetics) so this means up to 2.5% of just the sugars in your food. Let's say a slice of chocolate cake has 30g sugar in it. You will absorb 15g of glucose (potentially) which is 60 cals. Negligible and this is only if you keep it in your mouth too long. If you keep food in your mouth long enough the carbs might break down into sugar but it takes several minutes for this to happen and most have spit by then. Fat and protein and complex starches can NOT be absorbed in the mouth.

As for swallowing, well, everyone's different. Some people are sloppy at this and thats why they gain weight.

• fatfxck likes this

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users