Losing weight is almost too easy now... are there other secrets to success in life? - Page 2 - Rumination Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Losing weight is almost too easy now... are there other secrets to success in life?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 VioletL

VioletL

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4766 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:10 AM

Interesting.

Are you tempted to swallow? If I attempted that, I believe I would not be able to NOT eat.

Same here, that’s why I don’t c/s but rather just restrict.

#22 JunoMcGaff

JunoMcGaff

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:04 AM

I'd be worried about developing a stomach ulcer tho. Chewing is basically a signal for your stomach to produce acid and when it has nothing to digest it will start digesting the gastric wall.
  • ultrafit likes this

#23 ultrafit

ultrafit

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:32 AM

I'd be worried about developing a stomach ulcer tho. Chewing is basically a signal for your stomach to produce acid and when it has nothing to digest it will start digesting the gastric wall.

I needed this info. Was tempted to go back to c/s.

#24 Kaya Chan

Kaya Chan

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • LocationFrance - Paris

Posted 28 May 2021 - 11:46 AM

C/S doesn't work for me. It actually caused more damage. I became ravanous. 

#25 キラキラ

キラキラ

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3292 posts
  • Location♪ I come from the Land Down Under ♪

Posted 28 May 2021 - 11:18 PM

c/s was great to begin with until I started getting a lot of stomach pain following. Like other users have said, it was likely due to the over production of stomach acid?

Anyway - I don't do it any more for that reason, plus I was kind of grossing myself out (that's not a negative comment towards anyone who still does it - I just felt a bit queezy spitting food into a bag and seeing it sit there while I kept going lol) 

EDNOS | AUSTRALIA | 24

- GIVING RECOVERY A CHANCE -

9ff791f72da0aa5919d9cc07bddee552.gif

#26 JunoMcGaff

JunoMcGaff

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 12:27 AM

c/s was great to begin with until I started getting a lot of stomach pain following. Like other users have said, it was likely due to the over production of stomach acid?
Anyway - I don't do it any more for that reason, plus I was kind of grossing myself out (that's not a negative comment towards anyone who still does it - I just felt a bit queezy spitting food into a bag and seeing it sit there while I kept going lol)

C/s on empty stomach can be really damaging! If you eat beforehand, it is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users