Need Advice How to Deal with Godson's Mother - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Need Advice How to Deal with Godson's Mother

godson uninterested egoistic mother

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:09 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been struggling with how to act with the mother of my SO's godson. I'd appreciate any of your opinions on this topic.

The last few months she has been taking no interest in our lives. For example, we have a whatsapp group and from time to time I ask how they are doing if there are any news. If she writes back then only very short sentences such as 'We are fine' with no question about how my SO or we are doing. Honestly, this hurts. The last time we went out for dinner (there were two other couples left too) I was sitting next to her, she didn't talk to me at all and showed the person sitting opposite her photos on her phone I felt so excluded. After that incident, I was still nice to her daughter who's a Minnie Mouse fan and had her birthday in November and I bought her a lovely girl dress as a present, still her mother ignores me. The last incident was that I sent them a Christmas Card (again I went out of my way and bought a Mickey Mouse themed one) and all I received was 'Thank you for the card' via Whatsapp. No 'Merry Christmas' or 'How are you doing' or anything. I'm seriously pissed and that want to go there anymore. Her kids love me though and I also enjoy being with them. However, I don't want to feel like this woman's maid who takes care of her children is not treated like a normal human being.

Of course, I've talked to my SO who has noticed her behaviour too and finds it unacceptable. The reason why he is her godson's godfather is because of her husband who is my SO's best friend. My SO just says that either I talk to her (but the situation probably won't change since she's a terrible woman) or I ignore her. I tried the latter but I don't feel comfortable at all and the prospect that I have to go there on December 25th just makes me sad.

Have you been in a similar situation? Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you in advance.

Affirmation for September ❤ I am grateful for my foot's progress ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 49,8 kg = 109,8 lbs = BMI 17.6 (23rd August 2020)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

tenor.gif

...resting and waiting to become my old healthy self again...

#2 littlemiss80

littlemiss80

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:13 PM

I'm sorry I know that hurts alot. I would say since you love her children, keep doing what your doing. Even if she ignores you and is a bitch, because your not only showing a good example for HER children, your being a better person. Take pride in staying kind. Karma will bite her in the ass.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk
  • mythics and back_to_skinny like this

#3 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2134 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:01 AM

Thank you for your advice. Oftentimes I'm not sure if karma really exists. She's been married for 10 years and treats her husband awfully and still he does everything for her. On the other hand, I believe, I always try my best to treat my SO as well as I can and I haven't even been proposed to... but this is a whole different story. Sorry for the rant

Affirmation for September ❤ I am grateful for my foot's progress ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 49,8 kg = 109,8 lbs = BMI 17.6 (23rd August 2020)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

tenor.gif

...resting and waiting to become my old healthy self again...

#4 HalseyPalsey

HalseyPalsey

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:40 AM

Thank you for your advice. Oftentimes I'm not sure if karma really exists. She's been married for 10 years and treats her husband awfully and still he does everything for her. On the other hand, I believe, I always try my best to treat my SO as well as I can and I haven't even been proposed to... but this is a whole different story. Sorry for the rant

Maybe your SO is scared of commitment...and you need someone with the same goal of marriage and kids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users