Being pregnant triggers me like crazy - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Being pregnant triggers me like crazy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dontwannastop

dontwannastop

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

Im currently pregnant with my second child and I'm so done having kids after this. Not only because 2 kids is my max, but because being pregnant triggers the hell out of me.

Right before I got pregnant with my first, I decided to go all in. I found out I was pregnant a week later. When I was pregnant with my first, I was so ready to give birth to get back to my ED. I was pumping breast milk on an empty stomach (funny bc "you have to eat to produce milk!" Didn't seem to apply to me since I was pumping more than enough) and was back to my prepregnancy weight by 3 months postpartum.

Now I'm feeling the same way. I stopped smoking weed to counteract all the binging I was doing and found out I was pregnant the next day. Fucking hell. It's like as soon as I intentionally decide to lose weight, the universe is like 'fuck all that!' because in no way did I expect to get pregnant this year. It took 2 years to get pregnant with my first, this one (who I call McChicken) popped up out of the blue.

I can't wait to give birth. I'm going on birth control as soon as I can and going ham. Only 7 months left...
  • back_to_skinny and peach dreams like this

#2 Ultimaesperanza

Ultimaesperanza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationQueens, New York

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:35 PM

You’re not the only one. It’s so triggering for me also. I went into recovery treatment a few years ago and until now I had my ED under control. This is my first time pregnant and I am surprised at how insatiable my appetite is which leads to overeating and craving the worst foods. To make things worse the stress of finances and supporting a baby and hospital bills is driving me to find comfort in food now that I can’t have cigarettes my usual coping mechanism.

#3 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGulfport, Mississippi

Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:27 PM

When I began to read this, I had to go back and see who wrote this. To make sure it wasn't me and I didn't remember. I to went all in, a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant with my first child. Pregnancy has always been a trigger for me and Everytime I dive back into my ED. I find out I'm pregnant. It's frustrating, and formula is expensive, so it's not like I can immediately eat the way I want after the baby is here. Because I'll have to breastfeed and For me it's something I dread. Breastfeeding isn't painful or hard for me... It's just the constant eating, to produce, that is a pain. My husband has asked for me to have my tubes tied. I tried getting surgery nobody will do it on me because of my age, I've explained it to him. And asked for him to look into a vasectomy. Since it's less expensive, invasive and he won't get turned down. He won't do it. So this will be child three (and a possible divorce) but that's a story for another time.

#4 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:26 AM

Spoiler

I usually try to view everything from a positive angle but when I read your lines I couldn't help but to think how selfish your husband is for wanting you to get your tubes tied but not being prepared to have a vasectomy himself. Unfortunately, this doesn't help you any further but I feel for you!

• AVintagePaperDoll likes this

Affirmation for August ❤ I move forward in confidence and joy, knowing that all is well in my future ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 50,4 kg = 111 lbs = BMI 17.9 (12th August 2020)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

e162c639d2c9b2e26fdc5faa9547736f.gif

#5 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGulfport, Mississippi

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

Spoiler

I usually try to view everything from a positive angle but when I read your lines I couldn't help but to think how selfish your husband is for wanting you to get your tubes tied but not being prepared to have a vasectomy himself. Unfortunately, this doesn't help you any further but I feel for you!

Yeahhhh, one of the reasons divorce is on the table

#6 bestgymnast

bestgymnast

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:44 PM

I just had my baby and it was so hard gaining weight. I wouldn’t weigh myself for a while because it would influence what I ate. Eventually, I just decided to eat what I wanted in the moment because I wasn’t feeling well and all my blood tests were poor. Now I’ve already lost about 30 pounds in two weeks. I still have 25 to lose though. I know it’s really hard but you will get through this. You’ll have your sweet baby and you’ll be able to do whatever you want with your body again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users