Books which glamorise restriction? - Page 2 - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Books which glamorise restriction?

Glamorise Book

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 yesterdays

yesterdays

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Locationoovoo javer

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:08 AM

Hmm
I remember I read the first half of a book called The Art of Starving, and that kind of glamorized it? I never finished the book but the main character was always talking about how he felt like he had superpowers when he didn't eat. I never finished the book because it was weird as HELL but I'm sure it didn't stay glamorous for the whole story because when I stopped reading he had passed out in a club or something.

That's the only thing I can think of though.
  • Really-Worried and StripedTrashPanda like this
just found out the inhaler I'm using is expired, which explains why it tastes like gasoline

#22 inevitablestarvation

inevitablestarvation

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 05:01 PM

%100 Wintergirls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 StripedTrashPanda

StripedTrashPanda

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:00 PM

Hmm
I remember I read the first half of a book called The Art of Starving, and that kind of glamorized it? I never finished the book but the main character was always talking about how he felt like he had superpowers when he didn't eat. I never finished the book because it was weird as HELL but I'm sure it didn't stay glamorous for the whole story because when I stopped reading he had passed out in a club or something.

That's the only thing I can think of though.

I love that book so much but I definitely read this book to trigger myself sometimes. It really does glamorize restriction pretty much to the end until he starts recovery. It's my personal favorite
ED book but I definitely see how it's weird to get into!
  • yesterdays likes this

#24 PinkCottonCandy

PinkCottonCandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:10 PM

Not an ED book but if you read “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Brontë I SWEAR THE PROTAG LOWKEY HAS AN ED. Some of the shit she says lowkey is Ana Fairy level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow! I've read it twice but never picked up on that angle. I'll have to read it again :)

• Anamia. likes this

#25 backonthescales

backonthescales

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:14 AM

If I'm looking to trigger myself, it's always Wasted.

Mercy Unbound is also quite glamourising.

#26 Littleoned

Littleoned

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:56 AM

I haven’t read Wintergirls in a long time, but I know I still have it and I do read it at times to trigger myself. Right now I can’t access it, but I will be able to soon. Strangely, it’s one of those things that I feel I need to hide; I don’t want others to see it and think the old Tumblr days, where people would call it “the ED bible”, etc. Gross.

she/they? | UK | minors DNI

HW: 250lbs

CW: 235 230 220 210 200 190 180 170 160 150 140130 120 110

my accountability: https://www.myproana...-sw-233-gw-140/

GW1: 196lbs  / 14st / 88.9kilo

GW2: 140lbs  /  10st  / 63kilo

(U)GW3: 112lbs  /  8st  /  50.8kilo

#27 Daisywildflowers

Daisywildflowers

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:17 PM

Arranged by RK Lilley. It’s pretty ridiculous romance novel about an arranged marriage between a model and a billionaire. There is a lot of emphasis on how the model has to restrict her calories and exercise to keep her model body and it even says the exact calories she eats in a day and the amounts she eats to lose weight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glamorise, Book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users