Society has got out of hand with their weight. - Page 10 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Society has got out of hand with their weight.

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#181 ~Dimples~

~Dimples~

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationEastern US

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:48 PM

So I'm telling you here and now that you're a disgusting, worthless, fat whale who doesn't deserve proper medical treatment, equal payment for the same job and doesn't have the right to be walking down the street without feeling like having a target on the back.

There, feeling better now about yourself?

Oops, maybe "fat acceptance" isn't about "telling fat people that it's fine and healthy to be obese" after all but about something else.

Umm, I'm sorry. First off, I don't know who spit in your bean curd today but that was honestly out of line.

Secondly, yes, as a person it's possible to be treated badly because of your weight but generally speaking, the people pushing fat acceptance aren't pushing for human decency but for complete acceptance of obesity as a lifestyle. Being obese puts a strain on your body as well as on medical resources from complications due to that obesity. I've experienced discrimination as an obese woman at doctor's offices. I do understand that people are quick to assume any and every ailment is due to being obese. That doesn't suddenly mean we should make it fabulous to stay fat. Particularly in America this is a big problem. We're marketed all kinds of cheap junk food wherever we go and it shows. I don't want vanity sizing, every excuse for gluttony, and for people to tell me being fat is something I should accept about myself like being short.
  • blondeintheback and FantasticHamplanet like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users