Society has got out of hand with their weight. - Page 9 - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Society has got out of hand with their weight.

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#161 Morgan le Fou

Morgan le Fou

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2686 posts
  • LocationEast Coast Beast Coast

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:26 PM

Clearly you've never been to North America xD

big mood

Also I feel like the whole video is ridiculous because the whole premise of the video is that asking for a smaller slice of cake is fatphobic. Like, if not liking cake is fatphobic then I guess I've always been fatphobic lol 

Also the idea that making healthy choices is somehow a microaggression is so stupid. Like the world does not revolve around fat people. If someone wants to be healthy, that's got everything to do with them and nothing to do with this lady. 

• Depression blue likes this

Height: Between 5'3" and 5'4"

HW: 135

LW: 74

CW: Hambeast

GW: Ghost

Send me a buddy request on eatingdisordercentral.com!

#162 taeng

taeng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

i’ll say this: i see this as an entirely societal issue. i’m not one to try and police what other individuals do with their bodies, and i’m all for the body positive movement.
HOWEVER.
there is an extreme lack of accountability on the part of the American government (and in a shit ton of other western nations) to educate the public on healthy eating habits and the dangers of obesity. in america, this can be chalked up to the fact that lobbying from big dairy/meat/fast food companies influences education surrounding food (i.e. the fact that dairy has it’s own fucking level on the food pyramid...sinister shit)
the reality of new welfarism is that it is an absolute privilege. in this country, the most caloric foods (which also happen to be the cheapest) are trash, processed junk. this also happens to be all that many people living in poverty can afford. purchasing produce is cheap of course but it can’t sustain someone who struggles with food insecurity.

anyways, even if someone (as an individual) chooses to eat a 1500+ meal, i don’t like to look at that as an individual failure, but rather the product of someone living in a system which deprives them of both proper access to healthy foods and a proper health education, which leads to the UTTER normalization of unhealthy eating habits.
that’s absolutely not to say that i don’t have internalized fatphobia or have moments where i’m grossed out by something someone eats (every single one of us obviously experiences this) but when rationalizing it all i try to think of it this way!
  • dewdrop, anarchiczera, 4mbigu0us and 2 others like this

height: 5’6” (168cm)

hw: 138.5 lbs
lw: 108.9 lbs
cw: 109.3 lbs (bmi 17.6)

gw: 100 lbs 🌼
———
난 배고프고 절박한 그런 예술가 아니에요

#163 collarbonedreamer

collarbonedreamer

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:47 PM

There is a documentary on Amazon Prime called "Fat-Topia" that is a look into the fat-acceptance movement.  It's potentially triggering for some people, but it points out a lot of the things we are saying on this forum.

Vegan for the animals, vegan for my body, vegan for the planet. But mostly for the animals.

Height: 5'1" 

CW: 103.6lbs BMI 19.6

GW1: 100lbs UGW: 95 BMI 17.9 

~ When she dreams she sees her bones ~

:mellow:108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100 99 98 97 96 95 :D

#164 Sparkling_Diamonds

Sparkling_Diamonds

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 September 2020 - 12:06 AM

I agree! All I want to do is eat healthy and I feel like I’m not allowed to because I’m ‘competing’. I feel people find me too competitive and want to sabotage me so I’ve had to actually cut them out of my life because they are so triggering.

#165 Cerina

Cerina

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:54 PM

i agree. i sound so terrible talking about it but i dont agree with the fat acceptance movement

• Depression blue likes this

Your average long term member back again

#166 nixikami

nixikami

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:25 AM

i agree. i sound so terrible talking about it but i dont agree with the fat acceptance movement

Agreed. Fat acceptance = unhealthy habits acceptance.

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk
  • Cerina likes this

#167 ~Dimples~

~Dimples~

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationEastern US

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:48 AM

Agreed. Fat acceptance = unhealthy habits acceptance.

Couldn't agree more. Fat acceptance is equivalent to telling a smoker that smoking is totally fine for them, it doesn't have any negative consequences. As a currently fat person, I don't want people telling me or others like me that it's fine to be obese. It's not.

#168 nixikami

nixikami

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:52 AM

Couldn't agree more. Fat acceptance is equivalent to telling a smoker that smoking is totally fine for them, it doesn't have any negative consequences. As a currently fat person, I don't want people telling me or others like me that it's fine to be obese. It's not.

Thank you! I'm so glad to see someone say the same things I have. I used to be obese and it disgusted me to hear people say I was healthy

• ~Dimples~ likes this

#169 glyxblood

glyxblood

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:37 PM

As a currently fat person, I don't want people telling me or others like me that it's fine to be obese. It's not.

So I'm telling you here and now that you're a disgusting, worthless, fat whale who doesn't deserve proper medical treatment, equal payment for the same job and doesn't have the right to be walking down the street without feeling like having a target on the back.

There, feeling better now about yourself?

Oops, maybe "fat acceptance" isn't about "telling fat people that it's fine and healthy to be obese" after all but about something else.

#170 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:18 PM

Lmao why is it not okay to be chubchub?

#171 G0D

G0D

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:42 PM

This is so true. I was “skinny shamed” and had mental health professionals “concerned for me” whilst I was a healthy weight. I even got called anorexic before I was anorexic... Can’t say the weird focus on my weight when it wasn’t necessary helped my mental health.

• ~Dimples~ likes this

✨ HEIGHT: 5’9! ✨

🌈 BMI: 16.? 🌈

🍄 UGBMI: 14.8! 🍄

💚 MESSAGES: OPEN! 💚

#172 G0D

G0D

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

Lmao why is it not okay to be chubchub?

Is this a joke? They said OBESE; that’s not “chub chub”. Chubby people aren’t severely unhealthy. Obese people are.

Harmful habits (drug use, drinking, smoking, anorexia, self-harm) are not societally seen as “okay” to promote for a reason. The same SHOULD go for obesity. It being more common doesn’t make it okay. Saying it’s okay to be fat is just as bad as saying it’s okay to be anorexic and saying “all bodies are beautiful” to someone who is eating themselves to death is like telling a smoker “all lungs are beautiful”.

• ~Dimples~ and nixikami like this

#173 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:50 PM

Is this a joke? They said OBESE; that’s not “chub chub”. Chubby people aren’t severely unhealthy. Obese people are.

Harmful habits (drug use, drinking, smoking, anorexia, self-harm) are not societally seen as “okay” to promote for a reason. The same SHOULD go for obesity. It being more common doesn’t make it okay. Saying it’s okay to be fat is just as bad as saying it’s okay to be anorexic and saying “all bodies are beautiful” to someone who is eating themselves to death is like telling a smoker “all lungs are beautiful”.

Guess what, obese is just a weight class, such as , 'healthy' and 'underweight' are weight classes

You can indeed be extremely healthy at obese weight

And even if the person wasn't, who cares, not a crime to be unhealthy, let people live their lives how they want to a point of extremes where they are seriously hurting themselves or others
  • jinnieglows likes this

#174 G0D

G0D

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

Guess what, obese is just a weight class, such as , 'healthy' and 'underweight' are weight classes

You can indeed be extremely healthy at obese weight

And even if the person wasn't, who cares, not a crime to be unhealthy, let people live their lives how they want to a point of extremes where they are seriously hurting themselves or others

Yeah; the “healthy” weight class is called that because being outside of it puts your health at risk... I am letting people live how they want. I’m anorexic and underweight. I don’t care if someone is obese; I just answered your question since you asked what was wrong with being obese. They are so far from healthy, so fat, that it puts their health at a great risk, like being a drug user... They can do what they want, of course, but I can say why it’s dangerous if some clown like you is unaware. 

• ~Dimples~ and nixikami like this

#175 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

Yeah; the “healthy” weight class is called that because being outside of it puts your health at risk... I am letting people live how they want. I’m anorexic and underweight. I don’t care if someone is obese; I just answered your question since you asked what was wrong with being obese. They are so far from healthy, so fat, that it puts their health at a great risk, like being a drug user... They can do what they want, of course, but I can say why it’s dangerous if some clown like you is unaware.

Unaware clown here

#176 G0D

G0D

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:09 PM

Unaware clown here

You certainly are... It’s basic science.

#177 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:25 PM

You certainly are... It’s basic science.

We can't all be gods like you, some of us have to live our whole lives as pathetic unaware clowns
  • G0D likes this

#178 G0D

G0D

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:29 PM

We can't all be gods like you, some of us have to live our whole lives as pathetic unaware clowns

You’re most certainly right; the clue is in the username... Enjoy your olive oil though, buddy.

#179 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:31 PM

You’re most certainly right; the clue is in the username... Enjoy your olive oil though, buddy.

Is olive oil another pathetic mortal thing people holy don't even touch?

#180 G0D

G0D

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:32 PM

Is olive oil another pathetic mortal thing people holy don't even touch?

Definitely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users