Gained 8 pounds in less than 3 weeks? - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Gained 8 pounds in less than 3 weeks?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pixie11

Pixie11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

Ok so i went to my doctor on the 7th and I weighed 122pds. Today i had an ultrasound and the scale said 130pds! It's that even possible? I know i haven't been eating THAT much. I know i should be more focused on the baby but I'm freaking out

#2 JanJan

JanJan

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4011 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:04 AM

I know the feeling lol

Everything I’ve read is like “you should only gain 2-4lbs in the first trimester”. The first 3 whole months. Meanwhile, this pregnancy and the last, I’ve gained 10lbs give or take in around a month. I get really bloated, gain a few lbs of actual fat and then maintain or lose, maybe gain under a pound in a week then immediately lose it again, for the next few weeks. I never went past 10 weeks last time, so don’t know if I’d start gaining again in the second, I mean probably, but I have no idea why my body does this. Same thing with my period, I gain 5-10lbs, usually 6ish right before when the average is under 5 apparently. Losing 10lbs overnight is not uncommon for me.

I think it’s just mainly fluid retention and increased blood volume, because I lost it all in less than a month last time. I think I went from 120 to 134, or something. I was <125 in less than a week. Same thing this time, I’m 6-7 weeks and went from 120 in January to 130-132 depending on the day. It’s been the same for the last few weeks though, and even dipped under 130 after some bad morning/all day sickness. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, especially since it seems really common (and weirdly I only hear about it on forums from other pregnant people, never from medical literature or doctors. Maybe it’s a dude thing? Idk lmao). As long as you gain about a pound a week during the last half or so of gestation, you should be good!

e137b9c55ec835c2ab8dc02f6332ca76.gif

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users