Lying to your children - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Lying to your children

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrsN

MrsN

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:39 AM

Apologies for the rant..... I'm going through a bit of a relapse at the moment and finding it more difficult emotionally than in the past. Yesterday I took my 6 year old son out and we went to a coffee shop. He questioned why I wasn't having cake too and it broke my heart when he cut his in half to share with me. I didn't want to let him down so I C/S into a napkin instead. I lied to his face by saying I'd already had a big breakfast. I hate how quickly the lies and deception creep in. I love both of my children and I hate that the ED makes me behave this way! Can anyone here relate? X
  • sophie11 and Lucyhoneychurch like this

height: 5.6ft    highest weight:9st/126lbs   lowest weight:5st 12/ 82lbs   current weight: 7.7st/105lbs     goal weight: 7st/98lbs 

#2 Thejanefox

Thejanefox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:08 AM

yes. my 3 and 5 year olds constantly remind me i need to eat and force feed me. i love them but it hurts.

• Lucyhoneychurch likes this

#3 Lucyhoneychurch

Lucyhoneychurch

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:47 AM

I have two young children as well and can completely relate to this. I try to eat normally in front of them and hide my ED as much as possible. My daughter has already started noticing and asking why I donโ€™t serve myself some foods or as much food at dinner. I have lied saying I ate some already while I was cooking. I also hide any measuring of foods. Itโ€™s hard. If my child cut his or her cake in half to share with me I think I would have to eat it and just live with the discomfort of having eaten it. I hate that I canโ€™t do something like a two week lemonade cleanse anymore but in a way I am thankful for them because they make me behave normally, at least when Iโ€™m with them. It also forces me to plan healthy dinners for their sake.

#4 voice_of_control

voice_of_control

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts
  • Locationengland kent

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:17 PM

Apologies for the rant..... I'm going through a bit of a relapse at the moment and finding it more difficult emotionally than in the past. Yesterday I took my 6 year old son out and we went to a coffee shop. He questioned why I wasn't having cake too and it broke my heart when he cut his in half to share with me. I didn't want to let him down so I C/S into a napkin instead. I lied to his face by saying I'd already had a big breakfast. I hate how quickly the lies and deception creep in. I love both of my children and I hate that the ED makes me behave this way! Can anyone here relate? X

I'm having this exact issue with my 5 year old he asked why I won't eat dinner with him and is it because I don't like him it killed me. So now (we sit on the bed) I put a bowl and then a plate of. My food on top. Then slide some into the bowl here and there. It won't last long he will catch on if I don't think of something soon. But he's so so so happy we are eating together ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿšฌ๐ŸŽถ bring the drugs baby I can bring my pain ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿšฌ๐Ÿ’Š

Relapsed,recovered,relapsed, recovered,relapsed,recovered,relapse,recovered,relapsed,,recovered
Seems my life got stuck on repeat.

ALICE :BUT WHAT IF I FALL

MADHATTER : BUT WHAT IF YOU FLY?

#5 sistermary

sistermary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 01:56 AM

I hate lying to my kids; I have three children. I want to be well for them so much and I use them as motivation to not slip further into relapse but it is so hard. Maternal guilt is real.

#6 vaporlight

vaporlight

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3806 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

nm.
That's it no more hummus. (The next day has more, lolz.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users