anyone go through perimenopause and able to stay thin.... - Page 2 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

anyone go through perimenopause and able to stay thin....

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 wonderexic

wonderexic

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1850 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 28 October 2020 - 08:26 PM

I don't know the difference between pre/peri menopause but I am in full-blown menopause at age 50 & I'm the lowest weight I've been since I was about 26. I kinda think it's from taking Alli (and meth) but after I took Alli my weight dropped & now I finally can eat what I want & not gain. I've waited my whole life for this lol. I'm guessing it won't last so I need to start being careful again but that's my menopause experience this far.
  • thinstrument likes this
Wonderexic

If I eat anything I will eat everything. So I eat nothing.

#22 Mindful Lady

Mindful Lady

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 October 2020 - 02:05 PM

I’m 52 and haven’t had a period in 18 months! Hooray! I’m thrilled! I’m 5’4 and I use to stay around 112......but after menopause I got up to 140 which is the highest I’ve ever been in my life! I did NOT feel good about it......I jiggled whenever I walked, I had a belly that was getting in the way of even trying to clip my toenails! I allowed myself to go up 2 pant sizes......but even they were getting tight. I thought I was doomed......that menopause caused it all.....then (with lots of prayer) I finally got control over my appetite. I started replacing meals with Slim Fast. I did that for about a week....and that helped me kick it all into gear......I am now doing OMAD and cutting most bad sugars out. Over a month I’ve lost 10 lbs.....which is slower than how I use to lose. I’m also restricting a lot.....but when I was in the eating mode and gained all this weight, I felt food was controlling me!! I didn’t see HOW I could snap out of it! But with prayer, getting back on proana and also discovering the OMAD plan I’m doing so much better. I’m down to 127 now. 

Ten pounds in a month is an excellent result, well done  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users