Noom App? - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Noom App?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nightshiftnobody

nightshiftnobody

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:11 PM

I'm using the Noom app for "healthy" weight loss post pregnancy because I am breastfeeding and don't want to jeopardize that any more than going back to work has already (it is so hard to pump at work!)

Has anyone used this before? So far its pretty good, you weigh in daily and have an assigned "coach" that tracks what you eat and checks in with you weekly to make sure you're not eating garbage and weighing yourself every day (so basically an accountability coach). It also categorizes the food you eat into by calorie density (how much of something vs how many calories it has) basically "good" (salads, coconut water, skim milk, whatever), "okay" (rice, grilled or baked chicken, soup), and "bad" (junk food/soda/peanut butter of all things, etc). Their reccomendation for me was between 1100-1300 calories before taking into consideration the breastfeeding, so its not like they push super high calories. So it's kind of interesting to look at. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

#2 Umaru♡

Umaru♡

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8201 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2020 - 12:35 AM

Thanks for this. I was wondering how that app worked.
“In this distorted world, I’m slowly becoming transparent and vanishing.

pOHl2xE.jpg

Accountability -

BTS ARMY 💜💜💜

#3 Blutsweatfears

Blutsweatfears

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:39 AM

Isn't it super expensive though?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

"I have a long way to go but why am I running in place?
I scream out of frustration but the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will be different from today
I’m just wishing"

#4 Ana.baby

Ana.baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:34 PM

No I pay £1 a week for noom

#5 Infinite_me

Infinite_me

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:02 PM

I used/paid for this app for a while and was super motivated when I first got it. After a while, like all things, I slowly stopped using it.

I guess you can say I am a quitter at dieting.

The tools were pretty cool at first and I liked the helpful articles, but again after a while, it was not as motivating for me.

I hope this works out better for you!

Congratulations on your precious little baby!

#6 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

I'm kinda resurrecting this thread from earlier this year but I currently use Noom and to me, it's just okay. It's not really worth the money imo (I think my "coach" is not very good), so I won't renew my subscription in August.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#7 celeste*

celeste*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:19 AM

I'm currently using Noom. I only like the articles. The most applicable one for me was cutting foods out cold turkey makes you crave it more.

The app itself is slow. I don't use the food log or coach and my group is not active. I'm not going to extend my subscription.

#8 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Locationsomeplace dreary

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:39 PM

I feel like those “things” give you a rush initially & momentum but it’s keeping the momentum going that is the tricky party. I personally love carb manager. I paid for the version and I have tons of recipes! When I use it... I see results. When I don’t I gain. It’s about holding yourself accountable, calorie/carb tracking to see the entire picture of your daily consumption vs calories burned. I think anyway.
SW: 112.2 🐽
CW: 111.4 🐖
BMI: 21 🤮
UGW: 100 🔮
UBMI: 19 💎
Lowest: 95-98 🖤

<p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users