I heard the heartbeat! I'm so happy! - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I heard the heartbeat! I'm so happy!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coffee & bananas

Coffee & bananas

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationWest coast baby!

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:35 PM

I was on birth control for so many years to avoid pregnancy, I didn't realize how hard it could be to get pregnant? I'm a little bit older for a first time mother and it's taken time to conceive. My first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage. Everyone said how "special" and "magical" the ultrasound sound would be, but my first ultrasound couldn't detect a heartbeat. The worst part was I had to carry my dead fetus for two more weeks after that before I actually miscarried. It was a shitty experience to say the least! Hearing the heartbeat was a milestone I've been waiting for with a lot of anticipation and anxiety.
To actually hear that sound was a wonderful moment. I can't stop thinking about it. I cried and my partner almost cried, but didn't because the midwife was in the room and he's one of those guys. We're really thrilled and have been super affectionate with each other since it happened. We're always pretty affectionate, but there's just a special touch there at the moment.
I feel like so much fear has left me and I'm starting to look forward to the process more. In no way am I suggesting I'm enjoying being pregnant, it's simply just not an enjoyable experience. It's just seems more bearable at the moment. I feel so grateful!
  • BlueSunset likes this
Thoughts = feelings. Think of something good!

#2 Widogast

Widogast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:44 PM

thats so amazing omg, congrats on your little you and him!

22 - trans and asexual - they/them - autistic and mentally ill -  goal weight 100

tumblr_inline_pdb4s7G3P61rklh23_500.gif

#3 Kanawha

Kanawha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:49 AM

The heartbeat is the best thing!!! Did they give you a CD recording? We listened to ours over and over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users