Topamax take at morning or night? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Topamax take at morning or night?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Birdyboned

Birdyboned

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:13 PM

So Iโ€™ve been prescribed topamax and I was wondering if it suppresses appetite better if taken before bed or when you get up in the morning

#2 nicotine-dreams

nicotine-dreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:08 PM

it claims to suppress appetite so probably in the morning, but don't abuse it. just take it for the purpose you are prescribed for. quick google search says it could also result in weight gain, so just be careful and monitor your symptoms and hunger as you use it. did the doctor tell you when to take it?

#3 sfernanded

sfernanded

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:46 PM

Topamax is a medication that treats seizures and migraines. One of the potential side effects is that it can cause weight loss via loss of appetite. If you're trying to use this medication to lose weight on top of whatever you're trying to control, I wouldn't bank on it. It's not a natural way of doing things, nor is it a healthy way to try to lose weight.

Over 160,000 women and men are using a simple and secret โ€œwater

hackโ€ to drop 1-2lbs every night as they sleep.

Itโ€™s easy and works every time.

Hereโ€™s how to do it yourself:

1. Grab a clear glass and fill it half full

2. And then do this strange hack

and be 2lbs lighter in the morning!

#4 WillodIron125

WillodIron125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:38 AM

Iโ€™ve taken this and for me it resulted in weight gain

#5 septembre_18

septembre_18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:41 PM

I take it in the evening because it makes me very tired. I still have the appetite suppression effects in the daytime. There is immediate release (dosed twice daily) and extended release (dosed once daily).

#6 euphoriajunior

euphoriajunior

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationToo high to give a damn

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:35 PM

When I was on Topamax to prevent migraines, I was taking it both at night and in the morning. If you are taking it just to lose weight, I don't recommend, it's side affects can be really bad. (I came off of it because I had really bad side affects and I was slowly losing my ability to talk; on top of that it wasn't even decreasing my migraines.)

Despite that, in the long run it doesn't really matter if you take it at night or in the morning if you are doing it to lose weight. This medication stays in your system for approx. 4 days especially once its built up. When I was on it I did lose a lot of weight and quite rapidly at that. Because of some of the side affects I recommend taking it at night as the drowsiness and other side affects can be unbearable for some people. 

Also, If the doctor or pharmasist told you when to take it, its best to follow whatever they suggested.

Just another teen / Height: 5'6

HW: 198 lbs YUCK

LW: 103 lbs - at 5'4

Relapse date: 08/06/2020

CW: 156 lbs

GW1: 125 lbs

UGW: 90 lbs

โ‹˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ— โ‹…โ—ˆโ‹… โˆ— โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ‹™

weight.png

#7 something in the way

something in the way

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1536 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:13 PM

i take it at night but that's because that's when my neurologist says to and i take it for migraines. have not noticed weight loss on it and i have noticed annoying forgetfulness. i can't remember words or people's named or what i'm doing. also it makes my limbs tingly. 

tumblr_o2cog0IVFC1ueckcbo1_400.gif

i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits.

i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits. i am in control of my eating habits.

you are not what you suffer

accountability

tumblr_inline_nnsjnpKGZl1qk1or3_500.gif

#8 Birdyboned

Birdyboned

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:56 AM

My neurologist ended up taking me off. Unfortunately it didnโ€™t decrease my appetite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users