New South Beach—please read - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

New South Beach—please read

South Beach

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fancypantses

fancypantses

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:46 AM

Dear bathing lovelies

As you know, for security issues, Accountability had to be moved over to the South Beach Diet. Although our diligent mods would love to reconstitute the old South Beach for us, they dont have the present ability to do that.

So, idea 💡 as a former member of SBD I thought I'd shake out my towel here for a sunny afternoon. (I had some content over at the old South Beach, but can’t find it atm. I have screenshots though.)

Anyone wishing to join me on my little Beach visit, let’s flag our threads as Beach threads, and title them something like, “New South Beach + subtitle,” or just “Beach + subtitle”

I’m going to stretch out with my book for a while and catch some rays.
  • EDNOSFailface and xxfeather like this
Dinner is the least important meal of the day.

#2 disorderedboy.ed

disorderedboy.ed

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:19 PM

I like this idea.
And this WW forum has been (almost) dead with little inactivity so i think this is nice

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk
  • fancypantses likes this

#3 fancypantses

fancypantses

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:23 PM

I like this idea.
And this WW forum has been (almost) dead with little inactivity so i think this is nice
Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

Yay!!
  • disorderedboy.ed likes this

#4 pickles312

pickles312

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3471 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:03 PM

Why not!? It’s a good diet and a lot of useful info could be shared :)! (Please stop bragging about how nice your weather is- unless is just a poetic addition due to the name of the diet lol).

#5 Espressodepresso

Espressodepresso

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 02:11 AM

Yes! Let's do it!!! I don't have anything to add yet but to make this happen everyone who wants it is gonna have to be super active here!! I'll try to post some content tommorow <3
  • fancypantses, Gymnast7263 and Grulimia like this

5'4 HW: 114 CW: 99 :angry: GW1: 98 ^_^ GW2: 96 :P GW4: 93 :) GW5: 88 :D UGW:86 :lol: LW: 78 

(AN-B/P)

So I guess I'm doing this again...yay for relapse?

Best weight this year: 93

trying for 800 calories per day

15,000 steps per day

**Accountability**

**Thinspo**

#6 Burnthesebridges

Burnthesebridges

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:46 AM

I'm interested in this beachy plan but would love some more info on it. Sadly I can't find any old threads! Was thinking to do a "fat fast" as soon as I am feeling healthy again (I have a cold at the mo) for 2 or 3 days to ditch carb reliance and then start up on Phase 1 of (New!) South Beach.
  • fancypantses likes this

#7 fancypantses

fancypantses

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:27 PM

Oh good!

Still not a lot of beach umbrellas planted out on New South Beach.
But early days, still.

I can’t find any of my old content, either, but I posted on and off from 2014 to 2018, mostly. I saved some screen shots because I inspired my own self, and I wanted to remember them.

Also there was another bunch of posts about raiding the boss's candy jar of Reese’s when she was out of the office. So embarrassing, I never saved those.

Also, the thread “Food Has No Muscle”, so how did it get into my mouth? That was a fun one.

Good times.

#8 fancypantses

fancypantses

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 10:59 PM

I'm interested in this beachy plan but would love some more info on it. Sadly I can't find any old threads!

The old South Beach forum started out as a real forum for people following the commercial South Beach Diet. But then it (the forum) went dormant and then some MPA members drifted over to it and made it like their own hangout, like a clubhouse. There were lots of off topic threads. It was fun.

I was sort of fishing to see if any old clubhouse members were still around. Sadly, I don’t actually do the SB Diet myself. But it is a good one,if you can do it. I wouldn’t mind giving it a try.

The South Beach Diet is/was a low carb, high protein diet, as I recall. I think it is a good diet, but v hard for most people, because Phase I calls for cutting out ALL carbs for the first two weeks, no yogurt, no fruit, just protein and fats. Its a little like keto, except you later add limited carbs in, after Phase I. But in fact after two weeks of no carbs, people really actually lose craving for carbs. So there’s that.

Let’s see how it goes, shall we? And it's always lovely weather at the Beach.

#9 Burnthesebridges

Burnthesebridges

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:35 PM

The old South Beach forum started out as a real forum for people following the commercial South Beach Diet. But then it (the forum) went dormant and then some MPA members drifted over to it and made it like their own hangout, like a clubhouse. There were lots of off topic threads. It was fun.

I was sort of fishing to see if any old clubhouse members were still around. Sadly, I don’t actually do the SB Diet myself. But it is a good one,if you can do it. I wouldn’t mind giving it a try.

The South Beach Diet is/was a low carb, high protein diet, as I recall. I think it is a good diet, but v hard for most people, because Phase I calls for cutting out ALL carbs for the first two weeks, no yogurt, no fruit, just protein and fats. Its a little like keto, except you later add limited carbs in, after Phase I. But in fact after two weeks of no carbs, people really actually lose craving for carbs. So there’s that.

Let’s see how it goes, shall we? And it's always lovely weather at the Beach.

Thanks for the info, and I'll admit I did come here for the weather too 😁
I don't know if I can cut wine for 2 full weeks so I might not do the diet lol
  • lavender* likes this

#10 starving-satisfaction

starving-satisfaction

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1502 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:11 PM

I think it should be the new south beach here! I haven’t heard of people doing weight watchers since mid 2010s honestly.
  • lavender* likes this

she/they! 

𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖒: starvingsatisfaction

y͎o͎u͎ ͎m͎a͎t͎t͎e͎r͎

US crisis hotline: 1-800-273-8255
NEDA hotline: 1-800-931-2237

chasing a body i know that i'll never outrun.

#11 lavender*

lavender*

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1842 posts
  • Location_______________ I got more and more to do and less and less to prove

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:54 PM

Does anyone know if the pro-ana convo moved somewhere else? South Beach pretty much is entirely accountability now which makes sense, accountability is a way bigger deal on here, but also kinda sucks that the original South Beach seems to be gone

• fancypantses and svana like this

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.

early-mid-2000s Lunchbox

#12 fancypantses

fancypantses

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:16 PM

Does anyone know if the pro-ana convo moved somewhere else? South Beach pretty much is entirely accountability now which makes sense, accountability is a way bigger deal on here, but also kinda sucks that the original South Beach seems to be gone

I know. The old South Beach was great. There were some pro-Ana convos, some harmless mischief, some off-topic convos. okay, there were MANY off-topic convos.

Alas, the mods can’t restore the old South Beach to us. They had to move all the Accountability threads over there. Don’t know where the original South Beach content went to.

So we can just set up New South Beach here!!

Bring your towels on over. The weather's always fine—would anyone like a sparkling water, with a lime wedge?

#13 Chaerin

Chaerin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Locationinside the Tardis

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:42 PM

I would like to propose "NSB" instead of "New South Beach" in the title for space reasons. Thank you for your consideration. smilie_verl_025.gif

But I truly love the idea in general, hopefully more people will come to use it! I wish I could think of a topic to contribute right now. smilie_denk_10.gif

"If you develop an eating disorder when you are already thin to begin with you go to the hospital. If you develop an earing disorder when you are not thin to begin with you are a success story." - Blythe Baird

#14 EDNOSFailface

EDNOSFailface

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12401 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:02 PM

oh thank god

hi guys, glad the beach is back

my favorite sport is self-hatred

I no longer post weight stats or photos due to constant harassment by trolls who come from other forums

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: South Beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users