Anyone else pregnant and anorexic? - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone else pregnant and anorexic?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Skeletonfairy

Skeletonfairy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:42 AM

I am now 6 months, at first when I found out I was so freaked out and torn between not eating and the well being of my baby but but now it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I am finally able to get out of my head and put someone before me. I went from 5’8 and 109 lbs to currently 125 and I feel so proud. I’m anxious that this mindset will not continue after the baby is born...I don’t want to fall back into that terrible terrible place of starving and obsessing.
  • thelovelybones-x, paperinukke, faerielites and 1 other like this

#2 IceAndFiya

IceAndFiya

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2538 posts
  • LocationBeside the Flying Spaghetti monster

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:44 AM

no, but that is one of my biggest fears, getting pregnant and relapsing 

PLEASE CLICK HERE AND READ IT

Let Me Die

Lw: 99 (BMI 16.5)

Hw: 185 (BMI 30.8)

SW: 141.3 (BMI 23.5)

CW: 137.1 (BMI 22.8) (29.2% BF)

Gw1: 125 (BMI 20.5)

Gw2: 100 (BMI 16.6)

Ugw: 90 (BMI 15.0)

Height: 5'5"

waist: 26

hips: 38.5

bust: 31.5

PfUnm4.png

21 years old

Currently working on getting a MD and PHD in emergency medicine 

R E L A P S I N G

accountability 

Diagnosed depression, anxiety, dyslexia,  ADHD, OCD, PTSD, bipolar 2 traits, borderline and anorexia (w/ orthorexiaa), schizophrenia

Diagnosed Ibs-m, asystematic dysfunction and NF1

self-harm (cutting, scratching) Days clean: 2

Last sh date: 3/1/20

On vyvanse 50 Paxil CR 50mg, ablify 15mg, lamictal 150mg am and 150mg pm, Trazadone 100mg, ambien 5mg

♡03/14/19♡

~Take my hand and give me a reason to start again~

My silence is my loudest cry for help

3bb897934668794ec5295cab77e5a09a6f53bc76

oh i wish that i could fly

way up in the sky

like a bird so high

oh i might just try

oh i might just try

#3 getmeoutofthisbody

getmeoutofthisbody

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBrighton UK

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:46 AM

Aww congrats on the pregnancy thats amazing! Glad you’re thinking of the baby, proud of you As for after your pregnancy maybe try switching your mindset slowly to doing things for your child more than yourself. Not sure if that’s good advice but love for someone else can do quite a lot to your mentality. Wishing you the best

#4 Skeletonfairy

Skeletonfairy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:47 AM

no, but that is one of my biggest fears, getting pregnant and relapsing

It was mine too! I was maintaining for a long time but the moment I found out I was pregnant I just wanted to fast until I died.
  • IceAndFiya likes this

#5 IceAndFiya

IceAndFiya

Omniscient

• Members
  • 2538 posts
  • LocationBeside the Flying Spaghetti monster

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:48 AM

It was mine too! I was maintaining for a long time but the moment I found out I was pregnant I just wanted to fast until I died.

Yea, that sucks. I really hope you manage to be ok
Stay safe love <3

Sent from hell
  • Skeletonfairy likes this

PLEASE CLICK HERE AND READ IT

Let Me Die

Lw: 99 (BMI 16.5)

Hw: 185 (BMI 30.8)

SW: 141.3 (BMI 23.5)

CW: 137.1 (BMI 22.8) (29.2% BF)

Gw1: 125 (BMI 20.5)

Gw2: 100 (BMI 16.6)

Ugw: 90 (BMI 15.0)

Height: 5'5"

waist: 26

hips: 38.5

bust: 31.5

PfUnm4.png

21 years old

Currently working on getting a MD and PHD in emergency medicine 

R E L A P S I N G

accountability 

Diagnosed depression, anxiety, dyslexia,  ADHD, OCD, PTSD, bipolar 2 traits, borderline and anorexia (w/ orthorexiaa), schizophrenia

Diagnosed Ibs-m, asystematic dysfunction and NF1

self-harm (cutting, scratching) Days clean: 2

Last sh date: 3/1/20

On vyvanse 50 Paxil CR 50mg, ablify 15mg, lamictal 150mg am and 150mg pm, Trazadone 100mg, ambien 5mg

♡03/14/19♡

~Take my hand and give me a reason to start again~

My silence is my loudest cry for help

3bb897934668794ec5295cab77e5a09a6f53bc76

oh i wish that i could fly

way up in the sky

like a bird so high

oh i might just try

oh i might just try

#6 Skeletonfairy

Skeletonfairy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:50 AM

Aww congrats on the pregnancy thats amazing! Glad you’re thinking of the baby, proud of you As for after your pregnancy maybe try switching your mindset slowly to doing things for your child more than yourself. Not sure if that’s good advice but love for someone else can do quite a lot to your mentality. Wishing you the best

That is good advice, once the baby is born I’ll try telling myself “you have to eat so your milk supply doesn’t decrease” “you have to eat so you have enough energy to be attentive and caring” “you have to eat to set a good example”
  • futiledevices, Facilis Descensus Averni, Hanna94 and 1 other like this

#7 maramara

maramara

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Locationthe void

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:19 AM

I am now 6 months, at first when I found out I was so freaked out and torn between not eating and the well being of my baby but but now it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I am finally able to get out of my head and put someone before me. I went from 5’8 and 109 lbs to currently 125 and I feel so proud. I’m anxious that this mindset will not continue after the baby is born...I don’t want to fall back into that terrible terrible place of starving and obsessing.

I recovered when I got pregnant and went from 5’5” 105 to 150 when the baby was born. And I didn’t lose the weight after but was able to nurse for two years. Finally, three years later I’m losing the weight. It’s been a crazy journey and while I hate the weight it was worth it for a healthy baby and pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H: 5'5" 

LW: 99

HW: 158

CW: 137.8

BMI: 23 

GW1: 149

GW2: 139

GW3: 129

GW4: 119

GW5: 109

GW6: 99

UGW: 95

My 300 Cals & Under Cookbook (aka the No 👏Sad 👏Ana👏 Cookbook!)

My Accountability Thread

giphy.gif

#8 Sunnygirl86

Sunnygirl86

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2034 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:05 PM

I'm preggo 11th week. Dunno my weight (gain) because doc and I agreed to skip weighing because of the trigger. Just know I started with 56kg at 5'7 height.

Good luck to you hun.

Gesendet von meinem YAL-L21 mit Tapatalk

Germany, 174cm

HW: 78 kg

75kg / 72 kg70 / kg

68 kg /  67 kg / 66 kg / 65 kg / 64 kg / 63 kg / 62kg / 61 / 60 / 57,5

Pre-Preggo : 56kg (Jan 2020)

BMI: 18.4

LW: 52

Weigh-in paused due to pregnancy till 18th Sep 2020

GW (After pregnancy): 55

#9 anonhaloanon

anonhaloanon

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:36 PM

i got pregnant during a two week fast. didn’t know until the second week was done and i miscarried.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

5'7

bmi 21.1 | cw: 135 | hw: 150 | lw: 106.7

gw1: 130

gw2: 120
gw3: 110

ugw: 90

bmi 14.1

weight.png?_t=1583214920

#10 pale face empty eyes

pale face empty eyes

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3918 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:51 PM

Nope can't hv kids due to An 20+ yrs

I wanted to be a mom once upon a time but I just figure the world couldn't handle 2 of me lol
And I don't think I could handle the baby weight gain

But congrats to everyone able to :-)

#11 Facilis Descensus Averni

Facilis Descensus Averni

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

Editing because the quote didn’t add; I’ve now realised they’ve obviously been deleted or deleted their comment.

Fighting this as much as I'm feeding it...or not, as the case may be. 

Spoiler

Point of Order: I am highly likely to routinely forget to actually update this. 

#12 badinfluence

badinfluence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:32 PM

Yup. Pregnant with my (hopefully) second child (if everything works out). I’m on my fourth pregnancy but I only have one child, a two year old. I’ve been dealing with restricting, binging, purging through using laxatives and fasting.. with my two year old I was afraid of restricting and hurting him while I was pregnant so I went reverse and just binged and binged which is how I got to my highest weight of my life. Not doing that this time. I’m eating 1200-1300/day and I’m 6 weeks. My husband knows and is encouraging me... Also would like to point out I’m very happy about the pregnancy just sooo paranoid about the weight gain :(. This pregnancy triggered a major relapse unfortunately

Editing to clarify I’m not purging or using laxatives right now while I’m pregnant. I’m just counting my calories.
5’2
HW: 215
CW: 169
GW: 98
LW: 107

#13 faerielites

faerielites

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 01:18 AM

If you’re doing this for your baby now, hopefully you can continue that mindset so you can stay healthy for your infant and then toddler! I hope everything works out beautifully

#14 deleteddandelion

deleteddandelion

Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 01:31 AM

I'm not but my mom was when she had me which complicated things, I would say more but i fear it may not help. I really hope you can recover from this for your baby and yourself! Just think about the child growing up with a healthy mother to help he/she. : )

#15 faerielites

faerielites

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:14 AM

Nope can't hv kids due to An 20+ yrs

I wanted to be a mom once upon a time but I just figure the world couldn't handle 2 of me lol
And I don't think I could handle the baby weight gain

But congrats to everyone able to :-)

You could always think about adopting or fostering if you get to a place where you want kids and could take care of then. There are so many already living children who need homes! And no pregnancy (which made me nauseous 24/7) and weight gain. Though it’s not for everyone, just a thought :)
  • pale face empty eyes likes this

#16 raggiris

raggiris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:36 PM

I’m almost done being pregnant. I’m 32 weeks and it’s killing me mentally looking at the scales being this large. I can’t fit in any clothes any more, it’s so hard to move and it’s getting harder. Some of y’all are better then me saying that you’ll recover after birth to keep up your milk supply but I’m the opposite. I wanna restrict and get back down to my forest goal weight.
SW:110
HW:112
CW:94
Height: 5'0
GW1: 100X
GW2: 95X
GW3: 90
GW4: 85
UGW:80

#17 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

I’m almost done being pregnant. I’m 32 weeks and it’s killing me mentally looking at the scales being this large. I can’t fit in any clothes any more, it’s so hard to move and it’s getting harder. Some of y’all are better then me saying that you’ll recover after birth to keep up your milk supply but I’m the opposite. I wanna restrict and get back down to my forest goal weight.

31 weeks here and feeling similar. Hang in there lovely, we are almost there.

#18 Nextoctober

Nextoctober

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

Oh, just realised you posted that a month ago! Now you are REALLY almost there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users