Anyone else vegan/vegetarian for "strange" reasons? - Page 3 - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone else vegan/vegetarian for "strange" reasons?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 lightest.breeze

lightest.breeze

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Locationanother dimension

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:47 AM

I'm intolerant to eggs and I've never liked meat. Also diary makes me breakout, and I tend not to get along well with it (bloating, cramps...) . On top of that, I also do it for religious reasons  ^_^

" The day I fell without my wings ,
Those dark days where I was trapped,
You should've ended me
when you had the chance."

regained weight lost : 

my accountability

#42 lylieanna

lylieanna

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 11:00 PM

I'm vegan because I have a milk allergy. I never really liked eggs to begin with, and I had stopped eating meat years ago. Never was a fan of it. Just made sense to go full out vegan. Plus, then I could make sure that anything I ate was safe. As long as it was produce or a package was marked vegan, I knew I was good and didn't have to freak out that maybe they forgot to put some sort of milk product on the ingredients list.

• cosmosfreeze likes this

#43 SmallPlant

SmallPlant

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:44 AM

When I was a kid, I used to get sick constantly from eating red meat. No matter the quality or how organic it was. So I just ate chicken until I was a freshman in high school... The stupid seniors did "Noah's Ark" as their senior prank. They brought baby chicks in during class change... You may be able to guess the rest. So I stopped eating poultry and eggs. My dad fed me fish til I got tired of it. Veganism followed shortly after due to lactose intolerance.

sprout🌱

[this user is obsessed with water. it looks just like vodka, why not give it a try?]

tumblr_n5z8fgjuu11rwnxnho1_500.gif

stats in spoiler

Spoiler

#44 Cerina

Cerina

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1468 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:52 PM

the idea of eating meat makes me feel like a wild animal. theres nothing about cooking it that makes it seem more civil to me then just some wild animal tearing flesh on something? and dairy just generally upsets my stomach so im a coincidental vegan. 

Your average long term member back again

#45 whalehour

whalehour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:54 PM

vegetarian since a social event for school last year...vegetarians could cut the line to get their pizza first because there wasn’t much vege pizza there, and before ana, i was a bit of a hungry boi and hated queues, so i told everyone I was vegetarian so I could get the early pizza but my friends knew that wasn’t true, so to prove a point i stayed vege and havent stopped since;) needless to say haven’t had pizza since,,,thanks ana:(

#46 Wendy Angela Moira Darling

Wendy Angela Moira Darling

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:40 AM

When I first tried being a vegetarian it was to reduce calories, and I was only trying it temporarily. When I told my parents they laughed and said "let's see how long this lasts"

So now I'm mostly doing it out of spite.

I was a vegetarian while living at home and my parents always told me that they would not allow me to be vegan as long as I lived with them. Once I moved out I immediately turned vegan just because they said I wasn’t allowed ^^
it’s been 7 years and since then I educated myself and continue doing it out of compassion and love for the animals
  • NatalieBoleyn and Quinnix like this

On my way to Neverland.

3296showing.jpg

#47 Alycat

Alycat

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

Does 'because I was raised that way from birth' count as a 'strange' reason? I wouldn't want to eat meat anyway because of the animals, but it's also just how I have always been.

HW: 118kg

CW: 78.8kg

Goals: 85kg, 80kg, 75kg, 70kg, 65kg, 60kg, 55kg, 50kg

#48 NatalieBoleyn

NatalieBoleyn

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:11 PM

Does 'because I was raised that way from birth' count as a 'strange' reason? I wouldn't want to eat meat anyway because of the animals, but it's also just how I have always been.

not strange I'd say, but definitely rare/unusual :)

164cm | 5'4.5

HW: 107 KG | 235.9 LBS

LW: 38 KG | 83.7 LBS

CW: 77.0 | 169.7 LBS

original.gif

そう、気づいてたのに。誰もが知らない、フリしてた。もうすべて終わってしまえばいいと思ってた。

#49 Irre1evant

Irre1evant

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:30 AM

I wanted to stop eating meat after I went to a pig roast when I was very young and saw a whole pig being roasted (still traumatized from it tbh). I stopped eating any meat from pig after that
I went full vegan when I learned how awful it was to purge any type of meat or fish and I could restrict calories easier on a vegan diet
I continued to be vegan even when I was trying to recover because I didn’t want to contribute to hurting animals

#50 to-be-flawless

to-be-flawless

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

I originally starting in hopes it would help me loose more weight.
Then as I did more research I discovered that morally I didn’t feel it was right.
Also I work with animals I can’t imagine eating the creatures I’m caring for.
  • atomickitty likes this

#51 todissentdissipation

todissentdissipation

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 04:58 PM

When I was a little girl I thought I saw a nipple on a pork chop. haha

Someone like Emily Brontë,who remained a girl all her life despite her body as a woman.- Anne Carson

Height: 5 feet 11 inches tall

Weight in 2013 before medications: 147​ BMI: 20.5 (lowest weight)

Current Weight: 170 pounds

Lowest Weight: 126 

(fat monster) BMI: 22.3

I binge ate my way to 160 pounds now.

First Goal Weight: 160 (obviously)

Second Goal Weight:130 pounds

Ultimate Goal Weight: 120

proud vegan!

I didn't know how good I had it as a twelve year old girl without any self harm scars.

She wanted liberty. Well didn’t she have it? A reasonably satisfactory homelife, a most satisfactory dreamlife—why all this beating of wings? What was this cage, invisible to us, which she felt herself to be confined in?” - Anne Carson

You’re sad because you’re sad.

It’s psychic. It’s the age. It’s chemical.

Go see a shrink or take a pill,

or hug your sadness like an eyeless doll

you need to sleep.

"Self disgust is self obsession and honey I do as I please." - Richey Edwards

Praise bounteous
providence if you will
that grants even an ogre
a tiny glow-worm
tenderness encapsulated
in icy caverns of a cruel
heart or else despair
for in the very germ
of that kindred love is
lodged the perpetuity
of evil. - Chinua Achebe

#52 Septsys

Septsys

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 09:50 PM

My partner is vegan and rationally i am vegan for the animals.

However there is also a large part of me that is vegan so I can feel morally superior to other people.

Thank you for your honesty with that second bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#53 jMermaid

jMermaid

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 October 2020 - 12:21 AM

I don’t u detect and this post

It doesn’t make any sense. You’re either vegan because you’re a lover of the animals and the environment. Or. You’re really not reading and that’s lame. It’s insulting to your brain.

#54 Efflorescence

Efflorescence

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationCotton Candy Clouds

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:02 PM

I’m lactose and sometimes I just find vegan diets easier ... I live in an urban place so there’s vegan alternatives to everything and I usually don’t feel as “heavy” when sticking to a vegan diet...

stats:

Height: 5'2"/158CM 

|| HW: 105lb/48kg LW: 74lb/33.5kg CW: 93lb/42.2kg || 

☆ GW: 80lb/36kg → March 01, 2021

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

#accountability

#55 Septsys

Septsys

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 11:01 AM

I don’t u detect and this post

It doesn’t make any sense. You’re either vegan because you’re a lover of the animals and the environment. Or. You’re really not reading and that’s lame. It’s insulting to your brain.

Translation: “I don’t understand the people who make the same choices as me for different reasons, which means those people are dumb.”

• horror_girl likes this

#56 jMermaid

jMermaid

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 October 2020 - 08:20 PM

No. I’m sorry. I understand why people make the same choices for different reasons. If those reasons are logical, ethical and moral. If they’re pea brain, I’m out. People need to speak truth to power (politicians) to people in communities who are doing wrong (like racists). It’s important to call out other “vegans,” when they are wrong. Also for the person who commented about wanting to feel better than others, that’s absolutely disgusting. Being vegan is about life and love animal rights , you don’t make that choice with intellect and love and kindness if the point in doing it is to harm humans! Totally illogical!

#57 Septsys

Septsys

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 08:35 PM

No. I’m sorry. I understand why people make the same choices for different reasons. If those reasons are logical, ethical and moral. If they’re pea brain, I’m out. People need to speak truth to power (politicians) to people in communities who are doing wrong (like racists). It’s important to call out other “vegans,” when they are wrong. Also for the person who commented about wanting to feel better than others, that’s absolutely disgusting. Being vegan is about life and love animal rights , you don’t make that choice with intellect and love and kindness if the point in doing it is to harm humans! Totally illogical!

‘Kay. So how useful are you being to the animals right now by ripping on people on the same team as you on the internet?

• horror_girl and ClumsyCat like this

#58 snøwghøst

snøwghøst

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:38 AM

Pescatarian so don't like murder me about it sorry

But I initially stopped eating meat (though I'm now mostly over it) because I saw someone eating a real raw human arm for real online when I was like thirteen, and It grossed me out so much I stopped eating meat for like three months. I remained lazy-vegetarian for the normal reasons but the initial one was that. Also meat is greasy and that is disgusting.

tumblr_mv1n5kVk1b1spo3yuo1_500.gif

#59 ClumsyCat

ClumsyCat

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:11 PM

_deleted_

#60 ArCeMo

ArCeMo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2660 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:33 PM

I'm vegan just due to the normal "health reasons" (anorexia) and the abuse of animals. But @thatveganteacher on Tiktok has seriously made me consider eating meat again, or at least going to vegetarian.

HW: 130 lbs
LW: 101 lbs
CW: 103 lbs
GW: 98 lbs
UGW1: 89 lbs
UGW2: 84 lbs

February SW: 103

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users