Anyone else vegan/vegetarian for "strange" reasons? - Page 4 - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone else vegan/vegetarian for "strange" reasons?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 dazedanddeluded

dazedanddeluded

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:09 PM

When I was a really little girl my daycare gave us lunches and they served milk one day- I shit you not, I took one sip and started crying because for whatever reason the taste made me picture a cow being slaughtered.

Also tho tbf, my mom was vegan the entire time she was pregnant with me and my body does not process meat well at all. 100% I think because my diet never had meat introduced in the womb, my body doesn’t produce the enzymes to break it down 🤷🏼‍♀️ Genetic anomaly? Probably not.
HW: 220 lbs
CW: 200 lbs
GW: 150 lbs
UGW: 125 lbs

“None but ourselves can free our minds.”

#62 lavender.boy

lavender.boy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:04 PM

I’ve been vegetarian for over 5 years and literally the only reason I stopped eating meat is because a friend said being vegetarian seemed cool when I was 13
  • LonelyCat and manzanillagrrrl02 like this

CW: 108.2

GW: 105

51254988_220x181.png

#63 VicodinTears

VicodinTears

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 05:37 AM

I abused LSD for 3/4 months 2 years ago and even though I stopped, I first lost my appetite for meats and then for all animal products. Other acidheads I’ve met also have had similar experiences so maybe it’s legit something to do with the LSD chemical itself. I feel good though... I like being vegan since I also got to drop a lot of weight as a result too.

H: 5'7

CW: 110 lbs

GW: 90 lbs

#64 BlueShelves

BlueShelves

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:51 AM

I eat an almost completely plant based diet at home (except for rly bad binges) coz of my lactose intolerance but i dont beat myself up if something had honey or a tiny amount of dairy in it

I eat stuff like butter or cheese when im visiting family coz im not gonna make my mum make a vegan version of a dinner for me or buy vegan alternatives of stuff, plus the constant teasing during every meal time i got when i became vegetarian was so fkn annoying and id rather avoid the extreme turbo version of that gfdjhk

138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119

118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 10 104 103 102 101 100

HW: 165lbs

LW: 123lbs

GW: 100lbs

22 ✧ Ireland ✧ she/her

#65 x_dirtbag_x

x_dirtbag_x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:48 PM

i went vegetarian around 11 years ago when i was around 6 or something because i didnt like my mums cooking, and later became aware of how the animals were treated so it stuck. now i cant stand milk or eggs and im discreetly trying to go vegan 

Spoiler

#66 Kkrocker

Kkrocker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:30 PM

I went vegetarian around june,i have tried becoming vegetarian because of animals but failed this time it was just a random decision i was like ''why not'' and i have been a vegetarian for almost 6 months now

#67 gracieux

gracieux

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 09:03 AM

I was raised vegetarian, so I've been one my entire life, but became vegan for less conventional reasons. 

I have struggled with acne on and off and realized that dairy was a major trigger for me - so for vanity reasons, I no longer eat dairy. 

Eggs have always grossed me out.  The texture, the smell ... and I once read a story of someone who bit into a hard-boiled egg and it was fertilized  :( I know that's a delicacy in the Philippines, but it's honestly saddening, sickening, and just about the most vile thing I can imagine!

Female 30 years old 

HW: (BMI 19.5)

LW: (BMI 14.6)

CW: (BMI 18.0)

#68 jMermaid

jMermaid

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:09 PM

‘Kay. So how useful are you being to the animals right now by ripping on people on the same team as you on the internet?

Not ripping on anyone. It’s just a reality check. Conversations need to be discussed. Particular points and opinions are good ways to help people see others’ understanding, even if they continue to feel the way they already originally did.

It’s not about ripping on anyone. But being vegan doesn’t mean that a vegan is better than a non-vegan. No real truth to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#69 jMermaid

jMermaid

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:09 PM

This is my comment from the above
Not ripping on anyone. It’s just a reality check. Conversations need to be discussed. Particular points and opinions are good ways to help people see others’ understanding, even if they continue to feel the way they already originally did.

It’s not about ripping on anyone. But being vegan doesn’t mean that a vegan is better than a non-vegan. No real truth to that.

And above that is the quote from the other user.

#70 jMermaid

jMermaid

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:10 PM

Septsys, on 06 Oct 2020 - 8:35 PM, said:
‘Kay. So how useful are you being to the animals right now by ripping on people on the same team as you on the internet?

#71 manzanillagrrrl02

manzanillagrrrl02

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:14 AM

I had a crush on a vegan and I wanted to impress them lol. I also have a really hard time refusing food from people so having a reasonable/honorable reason for not eating really helps. Plus the fact that it’s better for the environment and the animals doesn’t hurt.

#72 Feenixdown

Feenixdown

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 30 December 2020 - 05:49 AM

I’m a eco/biology student & studied prion/protein based diseases like mad cow & kuru ... I became adverse to animal products overnight. Eating meat puts you at a higher risk for protein based diseases, it’s cruel to animals, bad for the environment, AND a major heath risk to the people who work in the meat industry. Vegan for almost 2 years now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users