Are you told you're gorgeous? - Page 3 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Are you told you're gorgeous?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 POPular

POPular

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Locationdelusion

Posted 26 April 2020 - 12:51 AM

Sometimes. But that's with make-up.

#42 fat-pighy

fat-pighy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:11 PM

I've been told that I'm attractive, and I can see what people mean, but I think my face is too chubby and no one has ever actually seen me in tighter and more revealing clothes, so if they saw my body...lol

#43 mileandtime

mileandtime

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • LocationPawnee, Indiana

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:17 PM

I have a lot of body issues and self worth issues so how I see myself REALLY fluctuates. I have been told many many times that I am gorgeous through in depth and specific compliments (one boy in particular jeez he was way too nice). I am also told that I have an amazing body. Of course, I don't see it. Even the specific compliments I still don't understand or believe. I feel like they are just using me though and that they don't mean anything they say.

CW: ~130 (have not checked in a while)

HW: 145

LW: 130

GW1: 127

GW2: 122

UGW: 115

5'10

this dream isn't feeling sweet

Spoiler

#44 MindreAna

MindreAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3286 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:59 AM

Yeah that started when I was a teenager and hasn’t slowed down yet. It doesn’t really feel deep down real because before that I was bullied and that really cemented in me that I’m ugly. But anyway since men, and some women, have made my gorgeousness so clear I’ve definitely used it to my advantage. Maybe sometimes to my detriment. No regerts tho

#45 fatfxck

fatfxck

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 07:09 AM

I've honestly been told I'm pretty twice in my life.. now only my mom tells me I'm pretty and that's just because she knows I have extremely low self-esteem. So yeah that's part of the reason I'm trying so hard to lose weight, if I can't be beautiful I can at least be thin and prettier that way. At least that's how I see it

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

#46 Blutsweatfears

Blutsweatfears

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 06:25 PM

no
i get told 'youre not ugly' with an awkward smile

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
  • allonsy likes this

"I have a long way to go but why am I running in place?
I scream out of frustration but the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will be different from today
I’m just wishing"

#47 cheddar

cheddar

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:52 PM

A lot of people have told me I’m pretty/gorgeous/perfect/etc but I don’t see it as much as they do apparently. I think I look odd and my green hair isn’t helping that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5'2

HW: 145

CW: 102.4

(next) GW: 100

#48 Guest_Frencheskia_*

Guest_Frencheskia_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:32 AM

All the time by my boyfriend. But I don’t see/tell myself that I am as much as I probably should.

#49 Aledari

Aledari

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

No lol

#50 Wannabeskinnyagain66

Wannabeskinnyagain66

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:11 PM

I get the most attention when I'm hanging out with Ana. She and I go wayyyyy back. Seroquel made me gained a bunch of weight so I'm stopping it. I still get compliments, but I want the annoying amount of attention I got at my lw. I'm roughly 1/3 of the way to my goal, and everyday I feel that confidence coming back.

#51 wasteless

wasteless

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTime

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:30 PM

No lmao never, and I hate being in conversations about how someone else is "so pretty" or "wow so beautiful" even if those people are my friends. I have to refrain from telling people to just fuck off already with that.

Probably sounds stupid coming from someone who has been on this site, but being beautiful by pop aesthetics standards is like the most unfair advantage because people are just born with that structure. I don't think people can do much without plastic surgery. Weightloss helps but it doesn't change your proportions or facial features. Sorry ranting.

As a woman you can be intelligent, quick witted, SKINNY even, well dressed, and people will still place you in a stupid tier because your teeth look messed up or your eyes are crooked. Ugh. I've been third-wheeled so many times with my beautiful friends.

*Edit to say most old men are horrible and those are the only people to compliment me. The most I get from my boyfriend is "you look good today" LOL

strength

#52 dollfang

dollfang

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3133 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:40 AM

A few times a year, total strangers will say I look like Ariana Grande. Or, rather, it’s the same question: “HAS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU THAT YOU LOOK LIKE ARIANA GRANDE??!” I’m very jealous of her and hate being reminded that she exists. It’s only ever strangers who say it; people who see me on a regular basis don’t see it. That’s proof enough for me that I’m correct in thinking I look nothing like Ariana Grande
HW: 130 LW: 91.8 CW: 96.6

#53 Disgusto⚠️

Disgusto⚠️

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:58 PM

ppl think i'm gorgeous or ugly, literally no in between
Sure, you may be verified on social media, but are you verified, in the eyes of Goddess Ana

#54 coloredbudgie

coloredbudgie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:55 AM

No, not even my family or relatives tell me that i'm pretty/attractive etc. I'm short, not skinny. My face is plain looking and i have acne. My hair is also has this unhealthy look and it is very frizzy. If i had to rate myself i would say 3 or 4 out of 10.

Height: 5'3 (161 cm)
HW: 154 lbs (70 kg) 
CW: 114 lbs (52 kg)
LW: 103 lbs (47 kg)

#55 xxjustanothernobodyxx

xxjustanothernobodyxx

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:27 PM

every now and then i get some compliments 😊 but i don't believe i'm beautiful. in relationships usually, i can't help but wonder what they see in me and i can be pretty insecure even though i try to hide it because its a turn off and i feel exposed as a loser when i show it too much 😅

i did post a story online a week ago, when i got my new glasses, and a fb friend messaged me this sweet thing 💗 and it made me so happy. because at most, sometimes i can feel sorta cute and she said the ultimate compliment that i could still accept about myself.

Attached Files

• Kehdice likes this
Height 5'4" (162.5 cm) SW 155 lbs (70.3 kg)

🌷GW1 ~ 125 lbs bmi 21.5 ✅
🌷GW2 ~ 115 lbs bmi 19.7
🌷UGW ~ 108 lbs bmi 18.5

#56 lowcouture

lowcouture

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:51 AM

i used to get such comments, both at my lw and when i was in my worst yo-yo dieting days actualy

168 cm

HW: 77.9 kg (27.6)
CW: 69.2 kg (24.5)

GW1: 75 kg (26.6)
GW2: 70 kg (24.8)
GW3: 65 kg (23.0)
GW4: 60 kg (21.3)
GW5: 55 kg (19.5)

UGW: 49 kg (17.4)

#57 sleeplessbeauty

sleeplessbeauty

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

got told i was adorable yesterday...adorable??? ughhhhhh

#58 MissNatasha

MissNatasha

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:01 PM

When I’m at my thinnest, people tell me I’m beautiful or stare awkwardly. Or people will tell me I look like Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johansson. But when I’m heavier, nobody really tells me that at all lol.

~~~~~

-Orthorexic Former Ana

BMI:

25.0 - 24.5 - 24.0 - 23.5 - 23.0 - 22.5 - 22.0 - 21.5 - 21.0 - 20.5 - 20.0 - 19.5 - 19.0

Body Fat:

32 - 31 - 30 - 29 - 28 - 27 - 26 - 25 - 24 - 23 - 22 - 21 - 20 - 19 - 18

#59 Wild_Flower_

Wild_Flower_

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • LocationIn A Better Place

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:26 PM

Yes. Or a “wow you’re pretty”. When I would go out. Not much anymore though because of the rona.
My husband constantly calls me beautiful. But he’s suppose to do that lol

CW: 152 pounds

GW1: 140 pounds (New Workout Clothes)

GW2: 130 pounds (New Shoes)

UGW: 120 pounds (New Clothes)

Accountability

https://www.myproana...hout-relapsing/

Selfie Dump-

https://www.myproana...epressing-life/

YouTube Channel-

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

My Life Is A Freak Show

#60 yesterdays

yesterdays

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Locationoovoo javer

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:57 PM

A girl who goes to my school keeps comparing me to this girl from a K-Pop group and I don't remember her name but she is GORGEOUS. I never took the comment too seriously because I'm definitely not her weight and I am definitely not Korean (I'm white and about 1/4 Hispanic lmao) but I always took that as a compliment. Another girl kept hitting on me all the time even though I'm currently taken (she DID stop after I mentioned that I was taken, thank goodness) and she seems to think I'm pretty but uh,,, don't see it lol.
And I guess my gf. That's......... idk how I ended up with someone that beautiful. Fluke, I guess.
just found out the inhaler I'm using is expired, which explains why it tastes like gasoline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users