how did your muscle dysmorphia start? - Muscle Dysmorphia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

how did your muscle dysmorphia start?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 inliinwy

inliinwy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Among the Stars

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:32 AM

Full disclosure, I do not have muscle dysmorphia, I just am very curious about eating disorders with slightly different etiologies and outward expressions than me! I want to understand as much as I can. 

tumblr o1qi83Kh1D1v49zxxo2 R1 400

tumblr m2qwfkQ3Ad1rrjmodo1 400

#2 Luci(fer)

Luci(fer)

Teeny Tiny Ghostie Ghoulie

• Supporter
  • 11031 posts
  • LocationDreamland

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:52 PM

I guess it started when I realized that because of my build/bone structure I would never have the really dainty/skinny look that all my thinspos had- I'm just too wide for that and even with an underweight BMI I still look average- I'll never get below a size 6-8 (US size 2-4).

So I figured I'd just try to look at fit and toned as possible.

But then I just couldn't maintain a low enough BF to make that really work.

So I figured I'd just be stronger and more muscular than anyone else. But of course every time I'm not the strongest/fittest female around I start to feel like a failure again and up my size/strength targets.

TeenyGhost

#3 spideyman

spideyman

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1221 posts
  • LocationSpiderman, Spiderman, Does Whatever A Spider Can

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:58 PM

Sorry, don't mean to reply to this thread when I don't have personal experience, but Dr Christian Jessen of Supersize vs Superskinny has admitted to suffering from muscle dysmorphia, if you google it you could read his interviews and his experience with it if it's something that would interest you.

sw 57

cw 51  ugw 35

And they call me 

Peter Porker

tumblr_ogt0cdKILF1voyoe2o1_500.gif

#4 brego58

brego58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:11 AM

For me, it comes from being trans masculine. The normal body image issues of being socialized female + mental illness + gender dysphoria are a clusterfuck.

I by no means have true muscle dysmorphia, it’s just the closest thing to what I experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Height: 5'9

CW: 164

BMI: 24.2

HW: 172

GW1: 157

GW2: 150
UGW: ?????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users