Missing old pro-ana sites (Lunchbox!), meetups - Page 3 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Missing old pro-ana sites (Lunchbox!), meetups

lunchbox lunchbox forums

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 lavender*

lavender*

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1867 posts
  • Location_______________ I got more and more to do and less and less to prove

Posted 13 August 2020 - 06:59 PM

It took me years to find Project Shapeshift and I thought Ana's Underground Grotto was long gone. But it is still there :) Probably the only site from 2001 still active. A site for restricting adults.

I was active at Pretty Thin, Disordered Family, Post Pro Ana, Neo Pro Ana, THIN, and other sites from 2009-2010. Before that I visited non English language sites. And got hold of fragments from the Grotto :)

Actually I found P S - Evo before finding Project Shapeshift 

Then of course worth mentioning is Thin Pages and Thin Forum as they were in 2001-2002 :) Still accessible if you use Wayback Machine 

EdNose

I loved ana friends - I became really good friends with someone I'm still in touch with but we live a few counties apart so only met up once at the time.

Also loved Ana's Underground Grotto especially the introduction. I still find it really empowering. Pleased to see it's still around :)

The forum is gone though, is it not? I’m clicking on the link on their page to apply to join that area and it’s linking to an error page

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.

early-mid-2000s Lunchbox

#42 NinjaWorm

NinjaWorm

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationIn the belly of a goldfish

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:25 PM

Oh I just now an seeing this!! I was on raven rock candy, anas underground grotto, mirror mirror, the lunchbox I remember but don't remember meeting anyone in real life from there.
I made 3 really close friends on blue dragonfly. One of which we ironically were going to the same college and would put stuff in the library for the other to find ie: play lists, books, etc.
I miss the commradery....I feel like I have no one to talk to anymore.
  • Borderline Female, lavender* and subaudible like this
BE BETTER.
BE BETTER.
BE.BETTER.
YOU CAN. YOU WILL. YOU DO.

HW-150
CW-116
LW-97
GW-107

#43 saltedcaramelgelato

saltedcaramelgelato

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 19 August 2020 - 07:15 AM

It’s been so many years, I thought MPA was the site I used to frequent back in the early 2000s. Now I can’t remember if it was Thin Forums or ProAnaMia or something else. I’ve blocked a lot of memories from that era (plus I was doing a lot of coke so...yk)
  • lavender*, subaudible and WaterGoddess like this

#44 Borderline Female

Borderline Female

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:51 AM

Wasnt there a pro Ana Mia group with yuko? It was very similar to this group. It was extremely active. Then one day it got shut down. Someone made another group that became just as popular which I think I’ve been confusing with this group?
A little off topic but it’s been bothering me for months lol.

I honestly miss these old sites. Especially RRC. Maybe I’m just super old now and don’t feel like I belong in these other groups. Definitely blaming my old age lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 NinjaWorm

NinjaWorm

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:11 PM

RRC was the best! I don't know what yuko is...the only one I knew happened similar to that was blue dragonflies then shut down then blue dragonfly evolution maybe?
Is mpa and poetry art online the same site??? Things get confusing...
BE BETTER.
BE BETTER.
BE.BETTER.

HW-150
CW-116
LW-97
GW-107

#46 rcanina

rcanina

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1862 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:41 AM

recall the red bracelets !

• aquilegia, Borderline Female and lavender* like this

#47 SkinnyMini110

SkinnyMini110

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:17 AM

Lol that’s so true, I left the pro-ana scene mid/late-
2000s and when I came back and found MPA as pretty much the only game in town I was honestly sort of shocked... first just because all those sites all closed down which was was weird, and second because it’s not actually pro-ana lol

Seriously! I miss the old way. Big time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  • chili con carny and aquilegia like this

Lis4 Row3
INTJ ... "were are very rare and mostly men."

http://proanamiaed.chatango.com/ 

a place to chat with others

kik: SkinnyMini110

#0cals

a971214bac2199f155ecd41b9903868e.gif

384395da7d743e1cd4cd2441bd24e252.gif

#48 lavender*

lavender*

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1867 posts
  • Location_______________ I got more and more to do and less and less to prove

Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:33 PM

oh lord, let's bring it back! to mean 1) you're in the pro-ana sphere and 2) you're old enough to have a favorite Spice Girl and might remember when Kurt Cobain died  :lol:

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.

early-mid-2000s Lunchbox

#49 Borderline Female

Borderline Female

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:29 PM

8a790e99205ca3f69c357d8da7f06677.jpg
I think this was one version. The other was with string. If I’m correct? It’s been eons

• aquilegia and NinjaWorm like this

#50 Borderline Female

Borderline Female

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

I think I’m going to spend some time tonight finding posts I made on these sites from 15-17 years ago on the time machine website. Some will let you browse all the threads still. Some won’t. I remember when RRC as first put on the time machine website you could actually log into your account through the site. Now I can’t remember my password and I don’t have the same email associated with it.

Also side note and fun fact. You can go into live journal and look up all your old usernames and see if you have any old journals up. At one point I had 4. I was able to actually delete them. Made me feel a little better.

#51 Borderline Female

Borderline Female

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:35 PM

It’s been so many years, I thought MPA was the site I used to frequent back in the early 2000s. Now I can’t remember if it was Thin Forums or ProAnaMia or something else. I’ve blocked a lot of memories from that era (plus I was doing a lot of coke so...yk)

I think it’s proanamia.
I was apart of a group very similar to this one but it got deleted in 2011-2012. I think I can still remember the link. Imma go check.

#52 NinjaWorm

NinjaWorm

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 12:29 AM

HOLY CRAP it feels so so good to talk about these things with people who know what they all are!!! I forgot about Project Shapeshift and Frailty, those two I was on a ton. I think I got PS and RRC mixed up. Pretty sure PS was the last place I was! I cant remember my usernames for ANY of them but ironically I remember several of my favorite people's : DarkEden73, LytleWren, AliceinTHinland,Foreverflynhigh....DAMN why can't I remember my OWN??? Can someone tell me what this time machine thing is?? I want to do whatever it is your doing to look at old stuff! I didn't know that was possible!! 

I had a xanga, anyone have one of those?? I also wrote on diaryproject.com 

BE BETTER.
BE BETTER.
BE.BETTER.

HW-150
CW-116
LW-97
GW-107

#53 rcanina

rcanina

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1862 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 01:03 AM

8a790e99205ca3f69c357d8da7f06677.jpg
I think this was one version. The other was with string. If I’m correct? It’s been eons

i braided thread x

#54 rcanina

rcanina

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1862 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 01:04 AM

oh lord, let's bring it back! to mean 1) you're in the pro-ana sphere and 2) you're old enough to have a favorite Spice Girl and might remember when Kurt Cobain died  :lol:

kurt 

#55 rcanina

rcanina

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1862 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 01:17 AM

7a0937d02f0ebe81c446fa4a5e2dae8a.th.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  d.jpg   54.62KB   9 downloads

#56 EdNose

EdNose

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:39 PM

The forum is gone though, is it not? I’m clicking on the link on their page to apply to join that area and it’s linking to an error page

NOOOO  :( 
I happen to be one of the mods there.It's so frustrating - what you describe obviously happens to some. I can´t figure out why. But this link https://www.project-...p?mode=register ought to work. 
I will do my best to fix the problems. Did you use the mobile optimized version? If so, please try the full version.

I am so sorry :/

But yes - Project Shapeshift, still true to the original ideals is still there. As are Ana´s Underground Grotto and some other nice stuff

• chili con carny, aquilegia and meetmeinmontauk like this

tenor.gif?itemid=5659197tenor.gif?itemid=6129511
Eat in moderation - Restrict in moderation - All in moderation / Extreme methods - extreme failures

I am also a member of Project Shapeshift and Ana´s Underground Grotto. A site for Proactive Pro Ana. One of the oldest still active sites, still true to the original ideas

#57 EdNose

EdNose

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:47 PM

NOOOO  :( 
I happen to be one of the mods there.It's so frustrating - what you describe obviously happens to some. I can´t figure out why. But this link https://www.project-...p?mode=register ought to work. 
I will do my best to fix the problems. Did you use the mobile optimized version? If so, please try the full version.

But yes - Project Shapeshift, still true to the original ideals is still there. As are Ana´s Underground Grotto and some other nice stuff

Some of the quotes below are from Ana´s Underground Grotto and a related site from 2000 and 2001. 

I think you can read the Grotto texts in many different ways. Obviously. I mean so many has, over the years, quoted narscissa and the other  central persons of early days of "the movement" taken things they said out of context and given it another meaning - far from the intended. 

To me Proactive Pro Ana is all about finding the inner strength. Finding the balance. Taking control over one self instead of being ruled by a disorder, or other peoples ideas of what is "normal and healthy" 

* Temporary changes gives Temporary results
* Try different, not harder
* Stick to something effective but manageable 
* Pro Ana Anamadim - a conscious choice for self-awareness
* Extreme methods - extreme failures 
* If balance is the goal, extremes are not the way to get there 
* Never dwell over failures!
* Never say "I will start tomorrow"
* Ideal eating - Ideal body
* To be ProActive is to "take the bull by the horns"
* Once you have reached your GW, don't spoil it. Maintain!
* Trying to hard is a fast lane to failure and just as bad as not trying hard enough
* Anamadim and holistic recovery basically is the same thing. Finding the balance. 
* Get food in the most natural form available
* When you eat - eat! Do not read or watch TV 
* Drink water - the dedicated Ana's best friend
* Never accept failure. There is no failure on this road, just some bumps to learn from. 
* Be kind to yourself . Accept and love yourself. No one is better than you
* Perfection is not the extremes, perfection is balance.
* If your idea of the ideal body is not a healthy body, it means your ideas are not healthy. 
* Slim and fit is natural. Being fat or just skin and bones are unnatural conditions 
* Remember the golden rule: Stick to something effective and manageable 
* Never compensate. Just get back on track 

• eatlessbmore likes this

tenor.gif?itemid=5659197tenor.gif?itemid=6129511
Eat in moderation - Restrict in moderation - All in moderation / Extreme methods - extreme failures

I am also a member of Project Shapeshift and Ana´s Underground Grotto. A site for Proactive Pro Ana. One of the oldest still active sites, still true to the original ideas

#58 Borderline Female

Borderline Female

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:47 PM

NOOOO :(
I happen to be one of the mods there.It's so frustrating - what you describe obviously happens to some. I can´t figure out why. But this link https://www.project-...p?mode=register ought to work.

I ran into the same problem but I will go back on later and use the link you provided. Thank you!

• Ungraceful_Gargoyle likes this

#59 EdNose

EdNose

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 05:08 PM

I ran into the same problem but I will go back on later and use the link you provided. Thank you!

Thank you for letting me know! 
I will do my very best to figure this out. Some manage to join, others don´t :,( 

#60 Mummy pig

Mummy pig

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13819 posts
  • LocationIn my own little bubble, surrounded by pillows and blankets. Drinking tea and listening to my music, watching Netflix and Disney+.

Posted 25 August 2020 - 10:30 AM

House of Thin
Anorexic Nation
Anas Underground Grotto / still active as a part of:
Project Shapeshift
Starvation Army
Ana By Choice
anorexics net
Cerulean Butterfly
The Only Good Sin
Fasting Girls
Fasting Girls' Message Board
Boot Camp
Fading Obsession
Perfected Souls
Floating Leafs
The Red Horizon
BarelyBeauty
Butterfly Wings
Pure Face
I Love You To the Bones
Anorexic Beauty
Faith
The Anorexic Files
Feast or Famine
Blue Dragonfly
Pretty on the Inside
Ana's Underground Grotto
Dreams of Ana
Drop Dead ED
Thin
Pretty Thin
PrettyThinAgain (still active)
PostProAna
NeoProAna
Letters From ana
Tiny Dreams
The Thin Line
anabites.com (recovery site if I remember correctly)
all things ed
The Community
thinfiles
StarvingForPerfection
anaforlife21
victoriasproana
AnaFriends/EdnosFriends,
Fading Obsession,
pro_ana_angel.wetpaint.com
why eat,
Ruby's Gloomy Place,
stick Figures
ProAnaMia
proanorexia
proanorexia waiting room

I was on the og pretty thin, didn't know there was another one. I just googled it and the site didn't load ☹️

Lowest weight:123lb

Start weight : 165lb

G1: 160lb

G2: 155lb

G3: 150lb

G4: 140lb

G5: 130lb

G6: 123lb

Ugw:...

.Paranoid weirdo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lunchbox, lunchbox forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic