Missing old pro-ana sites (Lunchbox!), meetups - Page 5 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Missing old pro-ana sites (Lunchbox!), meetups

lunchbox lunchbox forums

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Vanno

Vanno

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:58 AM

I started on those boards when I was about 12 or 13, I think- ana’s underground grotto, ruby’s gloomy place (Later RGP), and then mindsupport were my go-tos. I was very active then, and I often wonder how people from there are doing now. My name on those sites was Vannie, in case anyone remembers me!

#82 Ungraceful_Gargoyle

Ungraceful_Gargoyle

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 07:14 AM

I am over the fricking moon that PS still exists! Thank you!

#83 Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts
  • Locationsitting in the middle, waiting

Posted 10 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

Was anyone else on RGP?
What happened to it? I know it became Mind Support, but then what?
GW: nothing

#84 sleepingfairy

sleepingfairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:16 AM

I was a member of Prettythin. I never met up with anyone irl, but there were some lovely members there and a very supportive community. I was in my mid to late twenties at the time. It was nice to belong somewhere when you feel so alone. I have a major conflict about pro-ana sites and I hardly post anything for this reason. Prettythin was very supportive for me (in the right sense), but dangerous for some. I knew I would do what I was doing anyway with or without websites, as I had since I was 13, but I did see some members who went downhill fast (diet ----> ED) and I always felt guilty. Maybe they wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble if they hadn't joined a pro-ana site. My conflict remains, but it really is one of those disorders that you cannot fully understand unless you've been there. No one in my life can understand as deeply as those who also have EDs. My mother had an ED but doesn't talk about it and I suspect my grandmother did too, but is in complete denial about it, as it was never spoke about that she was unhealthy, even though she was dangerously underweight until she was around 50.

I do miss Prettythin though. I made connections there anonymously and I miss that. For some reason I haven't been able to do that again on any other sites. I'm too afraid of encouraging someone to get sick without realising it.

#85 LydiaAgain

LydiaAgain

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2021 - 09:28 AM

I was a member of Prettythin. I never met up with anyone irl, but there were some lovely members there and a very supportive community. I was in my mid to late twenties at the time. It was nice to belong somewhere when you feel so alone. I have a major conflict about pro-ana sites and I hardly post anything for this reason. Prettythin was very supportive for me (in the right sense), but dangerous for some. I knew I would do what I was doing anyway with or without websites, as I had since I was 13, but I did see some members who went downhill fast (diet ----> ED) and I always felt guilty. Maybe they wouldn't have gotten into so much trouble if they hadn't joined a pro-ana site. My conflict remains, but it really is one of those disorders that you cannot fully understand unless you've been there. No one in my life can understand as deeply as those who also have EDs. My mother had an ED but doesn't talk about it and I suspect my grandmother did too, but is in complete denial about it, as it was never spoke about that she was unhealthy, even though she was dangerously underweight until she was around 50.

I do miss Prettythin though. I made connections there anonymously and I miss that. For some reason I haven't been able to do that again on any other sites. I'm too afraid of encouraging someone to get sick without realising it.

I was on PrettyThin too!  I spent hours on that site; it was really good for finding support, and was just the right size that you could build up a proper relationship with people.  Sometimes MPA feels a bit too big in that sense; PT was just more personal

#86 CoconutWater

CoconutWater

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:04 AM

RRC was the best! I don't know what yuko is...the only one I knew happened similar to that was blue dragonflies then shut down then blue dragonfly evolution maybe?
Is mpa and poetry art online the same site??? Things get confusing...

Poetry art online was a different thing! They revived it a couple of years ago but now it's down again sadly.

• NinjaWorm likes this

cw 57 (19.3)

hw 61 (20.6)

lw 48 (16.4)

BMI range 16.3-20.5

#87 Appletun

Appletun

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationWasting my time

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:34 PM

My main site used to be pretty thin... lol

:wub:

#88 Fitbitty

Fitbitty

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:59 AM

Omg flashbacks!! I spent so much time hiding on a computer in my parents study way back then when I was a eally young teen and hardly anyone even had computers let alone a smart phone etc lol. I remember wearing and making red bracelets as like a "universal" symbol for pro ana...lfeels like a lifetime ago.. I'm now in my mid 30's ... you'd think I'd be done with ED's and I was for a time but I guess old habits die hard
  • NinjaWorm likes this

#89 WinterFairie

WinterFairie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:35 AM

Was anyone else on RGP?
What happened to it? I know it became Mind Support, but then what?

I was on Ruby Gloom's Place/RGP/Mind Support for sooo many years! Since I was 15/16 (37 now). I have no idea what happened to Mind Support. I was WinterFairie there too, I think.  ;)

• Oh Happy Day likes this

...I enjoy the calming energy of trees, copious amounts of tea, hanging out with my gentleman of a cat, and meditation...

SW: 105
LW: 97
CW: 97

GW1: 95

#90 3500

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 03:45 AM

There is a girl I still text almost every day from pretty thin, we must have met 10 years ago. She is coming in from Canada for my wedding

• nevven likes this
<p>5'8" HW 146.8lbs /22.1 BMI(December 2015) LW 83/12.9(January 2008) CW 102.8/15.6(march 10, 2017) GW 105/15.9 or 99/15.0 Fitbit
Message me for Fitbit url

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lunchbox, lunchbox forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users