Being underweight, pregnancy and complications - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Being underweight, pregnancy and complications

being underweight pregnancy low BMI pregnant complication premature birth

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1914 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:50 AM

Hey everybody,

I've just read an incredibly interesting article about being underweight and pregnant and possible complications. The gist of the article is that basically except for giving birth prematurely and the fact that the baby might be of lower weight than the baby of a normal weight mother underweight mothers are not prone to any more complications. In fact, the article states that underweight women are less likely to suffer from gestatonial diabetes and other risk factors.

Here's the link

https://www.guttmach...y-complications

What are your experiences? Have you suffered from complications while being underweight and pregnant? Would love to read about your experiences!

Affirmation for August ❤ I move forward in confidence and joy, knowing that all is well in my future ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 50,3 kg = 110,9 lbs = BMI 17.8 (13th August 2020)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

e162c639d2c9b2e26fdc5faa9547736f.gif

#2 Icewatersoup

Icewatersoup

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:59 AM

I had a miscarriage a month or so ago. When I got pregnant my bmi was in the 13s.
It was unfortunate
And I can't process it to well.
But it woke me up
It showed me what I want in life and I've been trying to gain and eat more.
I ended up finding out I'm pregnant a few days ago.
And I feel so much stronger then last time.
I estimate my BMI is in the 15-16s
But I felt so sick last time and my mood and hormones were so bad from the start I wss basically psychotic and I was constantly throwing up. Im tired now but I don't feel sick just very hopeful.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  • mythics and back_to_skinny like this

#3 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1914 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:03 AM

Oh thank you so much for your honesty. What you experienced must have felt aweful.
It's very inspiring to read that you choose life and are pregnant again. Congratulations and all the best.
  • Icewatersoup likes this

Affirmation for August ❤ I move forward in confidence and joy, knowing that all is well in my future ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 50,3 kg = 110,9 lbs = BMI 17.8 (13th August 2020)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

e162c639d2c9b2e26fdc5faa9547736f.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: being underweight, pregnancy, low BMI, pregnant, complication, premature birth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users