skinnymint review - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

skinnymint review

fat burner supplements diet skinnymint

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:48 AM

So i previously posted asking about this product but no one answered (lol) so i decided to buy the product. I bought the Fat Burning Bundle which is 28 days worth of coffee packets and 28 days of hot chocolate packets.

I TRIED to keep a strict diet of 1,200 or less but honestly most days my calorie intake was in the 2,500+ because i was stressed from working 2 jobs and the 1 job really sucked and made me mad a lot so i would binge... A LOT on high calorie foods (ice cream/candy). But even doing so, 28 days later, i went from 135 lbs to 122.5 lbs. And yes that’s only 12 lbs in almost a month which is “normal” weight loss BUT majority of my days were filled with binging and going triple over my recommended calorie limit for my height and weight so i’m surprised i lost any weight, let alone 12 lbs. If i had not been taking these “supplements” (i truly don’t know wtf to call them lol) i would have gained 10+ lbs because my body literally gains weight if i go over 1,300 (no exercise) and it sucks.... so i’m actually really impressed with this product!

its really expensive if you live in Canada because it’s USD only so the exchange rate gets you hard... but i ordered more of the 28 coffee and 28 hot chocolate bundle because there was a sale so i got the bundle as a Buy 1 Get 1 Free so i have a ton of packets lol. I’ll prob update again in 28 days with my weight loss results. I also got the detox tea as a free trial and ive only tried the morning boost tea (i think that’s what if’s called) and it’s okay, but there’s a night time cleanse which... clearly y’all know what that’ll do lol.

the coffee is kinda disgusting (to me) because it has a coconut flavour to it and i HATE coconut. I add 1 splenda to the coffee to sweeten it up because it’s pretty bitter without. Lately i only have the coffee, other days i only have the hot chocolate so i end up just using both packs at once because it doesn’t even make a full cup of coffee/hot chocolate if you just use 1 pack. And with the hot chocolate it’s dark chocolate which i hate... so i use 2 splenda packs with it and it makes it way better. You’re supposed to have 1 coffee packet in the morning and hot chocolate later in the day but depending on what my calorie limit is, it’s either coffee or hot chocolate but recently it’s been only the coffee because 1 packet is 15 cals and the hot chocolate is 25 a pack so yikes.

TLDR: tried some “fad” diet/supplement powders and lost 12 lbs in 28 days even while binging on shitty high calorie foods and going over my calorie limit by a lot... went from 135 lbs to 122.5 lbs.

Attached File  4D73DFA0-084E-4BB6-A342-B154A031B944.png   369.97KB   53 downloads
  • selfishness, MaceyLaLa, ennay23 and 2 others like this
5’3”

#2 ennay23

ennay23

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:46 AM

Holy crap!!!! I am in the same boat where my body wont. Stop. GAINING. Ive seen these products before and had debated on trying them, but I think I'll pick some up now.

Thank you SO MUCH for making this review!!! Much appreciated!!

• earthtocallie and straightchlorine like this

CW: let's not talk about it

GW1: 160

GW2: 140

GW3: 120 I think will be nice...

UGW: 110

#3 ennay23

ennay23

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:53 AM

Just ordered it lmao. They had a buy one get one free so I got two bundles for the price of one :D

• earthtocallie likes this

CW: let's not talk about it

GW1: 160

GW2: 140

GW3: 120 I think will be nice...

UGW: 110

#4 littlemly

littlemly

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:10 PM

omgggg on my wishlist 100% 🥺

#5 chessssssy

chessssssy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3762 posts
  • Locationvomit capital of sweden

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:39 PM

How do they work?

im a bulimic with a vomit phobia

giphy.gif

168 cm (5'6)

HW 75 kg (165 lbs)                  

CW 52.1 kg (114.8 lbs)                                     

BMI 18.5

GW 55 kg 50 kg (110 lbs) 

giphy.gif

tumblr_static_4dz20dms0v40cos0ckoc4ck8g.

#6 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

Just ordered it lmao. They had a buy one get one free so I got two bundles for the price of one :D

i hope it works well for you and you get results you want! i finally was able to order more after they stopped shipping to canada because of the virus ;( i bought the fat burning gummies which ive never tried before so i’m excited to see how they work! i can’t wait to get my coffee back tho omg the hot chocolate just doesn’t do it for me and ive been eating like crap
  • ennay23 likes this
5’3”

#7 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 12:18 PM

How do they work?

they’re basically diet pills but healthier and in coffee/hot chocolate form. They contain garcinia cambogia extract which is a highly raved “diet” pill as well as other helpful ingredients that will boost your metabolism/curb cravings. I don’t want to say it curbs your appetite, it more or less made me less likely to eat unhealthier foods (at least it did for me)

there’s reviews on their site but some are... iffy because they’re celebrities or instagram models and you know damn well they ain’t using the product lol but there are other actual people with results as well as some on youtube!

I feel like if you HAVE the money to splurge, it’s worth it. Ive been stuck in a binge/restrict cycle but with this product i was less likely to binge tho i did sometimes, i didn’t as much as i would have without
  • chessssssy likes this
5’3”

#8 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 12:21 PM

omgggg on my wishlist 100%

i love the coffee so much they have buy one get one sales a lot and also if u do the subscription (it’s like $3-$4 cheaper which idk it isn’t a lot but also is lol) and then cancel after it ships, it’s a better deal. I got more coffee and a free bundle of the coffee and hot chocolate but i wish i could have just chosen the coffee because i really don’t like the hot chocolate nor does it work as well for me idk why. It’s def pricey but for me at least it’s worth it and im so glad i finally found a product that works and is “healthy” compared to other diet products i’ve seen or tried
5’3”

#9 needingthinness1422

needingthinness1422

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:40 PM

Did it cause any stomach upset? I only ask because I have a sensitive stomach but would like to try it! :)

#10 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:17 PM

Did it cause any stomach upset? I only ask because I have a sensitive stomach but would like to try it! :)

Hi! i apologize for the late reply (i honestly rarely come on here anymore)

i want to say that in the beginning it def made my stomach feel kind of off (mostly due to the ingredients because i think they can give a sort of laxative effect especially the coffee product because coffee does that) but i’m sure if you slowly eased into the products (aka 2 a day) then you should be fine! you can find the ingredients on their website for their products so if you know you’re sensitive to any of the ingredients then i would maybe say no, don’t try them.

i got their fat burning gummies today so i’ll be trying them tomorrow and when i’m done them i’ll add the review onto here!
5’3”

#11 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

so little update as i’m now staring a new product of theirs (the fat burning gummies) you take 2 of each (there’s 60 in both bottle) so 30 days total of gummies. I started at 123 lbs even tho i’ve been eating badly because my boyfriend constantly wants me to eat but i told him im going on a diet so maybe he’ll back off with the food (i doubt it tho bc that’s just how he shows his love)

first off, the gummies are... something you get used to. The smell of them are good, and taste isn’t bad but it’s the texture that threw me off. I expected them to be softer and gummier like fruit snacks, but they’re harder, kind of like a dried out piece of fudge lol but after a few days i’ve gotten used to the texture and enjoy taking them in the morning and afternoon.

idk if it’s just a placebo effect but the morning gummies are meant to give you a “boost” to wake you up and i’m usually one to need coffee or red bull in the morning before work, but i haven’t bought any red bull since starting these gummies!

i can’t say much for the part where they’re meant to ward off hunger because TMI it’s that time of the month and i ALWAYS binge hard the first 2/3 days so :( that’s what i’ve been doing. I also get super bloated so i weighed myself today and i’m 125 lbs (boo...) so i’ll wait until after this is over or maybe even wait 2 weeks to judge if these gummies help hunger wise. Which TBH i really think they do because after i take the afternoon gummies i don’t feel hunger physically but mentally i do tho if you’re good at fighting off that mental hunger, these gummies will do you well! but again, idk if it’s the gummies added onto the coffee packets, but i haven’t gained as much as i should have with how i’ve eaten with my boyfriend the last month or now because of the time of the month. So i def believe these do something for you, and i hope i’ll see good results once i can stop binging :)
5’3”

#12 addicted2exercise

addicted2exercise

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

I just started the coffee and i can't stand the coconut. However today I did almond milk in it, made it a tiny bit better. The hot chocolate is bitter and they both taste watered down. I don't care how they taste as long as they work. Your story inspired me.. do you think I'll have good luck with just the coffee or should I order hot chocolate and take one of each a day?

#13 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

I just started the coffee and i can't stand the coconut. However today I did almond milk in it, made it a tiny bit better. The hot chocolate is bitter and they both taste watered down. I don't care how they taste as long as they work. Your story inspired me.. do you think I'll have good luck with just the coffee or should I order hot chocolate and take one of each a day?

it took me awhile to get used to the coffee too because i didn’t like the coconut flavor either. I added 2 stevia to it and it made it better! But if you like the hot chocolate more than the coffee, i’d say stick with that one. They say on their website both have the same benefits so it doesn’t matter which one you choose (it’s just based on taste preference tbh)

Also, if they taste watered down it might be because you added too much water, the product really doesn’t make a full cup unless you use 2 packets. That’s what i do at least because then it makes an actual cup of coffee/hot chocolate. But again it’s definitely a taste youll have to get used to

I only drink the coffee as i really couldn’t handle the hot chocolate even with stevia in it. I just don’t like dark chocolate,
so i’ve only been drinking the coffee and it’s done wonders for me. I’ve been binging A LOT lately because i’m stressed with school stuff and work, and i’m still maintaining between 123-125 lbs which I KNOW if i didn’t drink this coffee i would have gained double that. I know i’m making it out to sound like these are a miracle, but keep in mind all bodies are different! Tho i do hope you get good results!!! I exercise a bit more but not any more than i have before drinking the coffees so i can say it’s making a difference for me :)

sorry for such a long reply
5’3”

#14 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:09 PM

update on the “Fat Burning Gummies”

I didn’t like them and they didn’t help me lose any weight tho i didn’t technically gain any weight either... (i was taking them because i had run out of the coffee and was waiting for my shipment)

One thing i noticed was i did get a bit of an energy boost in the morning when i took the morning gummies. But other than that i didn’t feel any “appetite suppressant” that they claim to help with. The taste is... eh. I got used to the taste but not the texture. It was like a super dried out fruit snack now that i think of it lol

I also looked on the website and looked at the FAQ and it says they recommend you take the gummies for a minimum of 3 months... which seems like a lot seeing as you take 2 a day of each gummy and there’s 60 in a bottle. Which yeah, is a months worth but both bottles costs $80 CAD. Which i don’t see worth it FOR ME at least because again those were just my results/outcome with these. There are plenty of good reviews on the gummies!

my next review will be on the “Lean Shots” which i’m still waiting to come in the mall... my package has been delayed because of the virus. Im also out of coffee which is with my lean shots package. Tho i’m gonna take ONLY the lean shots and not the coffee at the same time so i can get an accurate judgement on them. I got the 10 day one so idk on the results but we’ll see!

i also still have the tea but i’m not a huge fan of tea so i’ve yet to try it but i might do it with my hot chocolate until my package comes in. The tea is supposed to really help with bloating and i need that asap
5’3”

#15 leavesandtwigs

leavesandtwigs

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:27 PM

Eff it, I’m gonna go ahead and try these myself. I need to take something and I can’t swallow pills, so these are worth a shot. There are so few options for gummies out there.

#16 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:28 PM

Eff it, I’m gonna go ahead and try these myself. I need to take something and I can’t swallow pills, so these are worth a shot. There are so few options for gummies out there.

if you don’t want to go all out with the full price of the product, wait until they have a sale! they usually do every other week or so! also i have a coupon code that i got because they shipped my stuff so late so idk if it’ll work for you but it’s 10% off so give it a try if you haven’t ordered yet!! (it’s THANKYOU10) and you’ll get $10 off :)

edit; totally read the last part wrong lol i thought you wrote that there was so many options for gummies not so FEW gummies... my bad!
5’3”

#17 earthtocallie

earthtocallie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:13 PM

FINALLY got my package and got my 10 day lean shot package. I also got a free copy of b0dyb0$$ so if anyone wants to try it out but doesn’t want to buy the booklet i can try my best to scan it and upload it online :)

edit: tryna keep the program name on the “down low” as i just read i can get up to $30,000 fine if i distribute it LOL
5’3”

#18 dulcelocura

dulcelocura

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:36 PM

Any updates? I’ve been seeing ads on FB and I’m suuuper tempted

5'5.5"

CW: FAT af

LW: 107

UGW: 99

back after treatment

I need this weight gone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fat burner, supplements, diet, skinnymint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users