So I got a fancy scale... [Prolonged Fasting] - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

So I got a fancy scale... [Prolonged Fasting]

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:01 AM

...to tell me exactly how and what kind of fat I am. Lol. Only like $20 on Amazon, paired with an app, BUT. Today is the first day I have used the app with it.

Skip down to post #7 for Day one & beyond

5184850e50d5c92263c8736ccd8a7ac7.jpg

So. 222.2 lbs. Not really surprised. 37 bmi. Okay, kinda sucks but again, not the worst it could be and can be fixed, fine. 48% body fat. WHAT?????? FORTY. EIGHT. PERCENT?! yikes. Well, nothing my eyes didn't already know...
Want isn't pictured is my BMR which is 1752/day and that my BODY AGE is 5 years older than I actually am. Okay what the fuck even.

Welp, I started my fast last night, and pray to god for strength to carry through as long as I set out to (ideally 40-50 days).

I'll post here for updates and frustrations and how I overcome them. And I really think this is going to work (better than dieting; my binge eating ass could never).

Please wish me luck and send a positive intention for me if you believe in that stuff!

My stats:
5'5"
S/HW: 222.2
GW: 134.4
BED/NOS

Guys I just wanna live in a seaside cottage or villa in the Mediterranean, is that too much to ask?

• TherionDeThanatos and NotThisBody like this

cocaine

Spoiler

#2 drunkinIsla

drunkinIsla

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Locationin my mind

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:13 AM

Goodluck on your journey! Please be extra careful with fasting, since it is a long period you are aiming for!

I just had to comment on "I just wanna live in a seaside cottage or villa in the Mediterranean" CUZ GIRL SAME! Sea or ocean is my love and being by sea makes me feel so peaceful and calm, the feeling I get when I'm near it, is not possible to explain. 

Stay safe xoxo

• Skyward and Boldfish like this

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
Dr. Seuss

“Who are you?

Are you in touch with all of your darkest fantasies?
Have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them?
I have. I am fucking crazy.
But I am free.”

#3 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:23 AM

Once my body switches to autophagy and fat burning, I'll know all hunger is only a mental perception. It's JUST hormonal. My body is safe and healing itself. I can overcome challenges easily.
  • IFdiary likes this

cocaine

Spoiler

#4 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:25 AM

I just had to comment on "I just wanna live in a seaside cottage or villa in the Mediterranean" CUZ GIRL SAME! Sea or ocean is my love and being by sea makes me feel so peaceful and calm, the feeling I get when I'm near it, is not possible to explain.

Stay safe xoxo

Girl SAME I love the ocean oh my goodness it is beautiful and I feel so connected to spirit and my emotions AND the Earth, and it's like. There's an ENTIRE OTHER WORLD down there like what. I crave sea breeze so much glad I'm not the only one absolutely nuts about the ocean :-)
  • drunkinIsla likes this

cocaine

Spoiler

#5 Princess-Xion

Princess-Xion

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2755 posts
  • LocationOR

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:02 PM

Please link this scaaaaale!!! Im 210 and my SW was 230!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Boldfish likes this

#6 drunkinIsla

drunkinIsla

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Locationin my mind

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:27 PM

OMG LOL same thing, everything you said is the same way how I feel!

I've alway had ocean quotes, songs and wallpaper on my phone! Are we crazy? LEL

Girl SAME I love the ocean oh my goodness it is beautiful and I feel so connected to spirit and my emotions AND the Earth, and it's like. There's an ENTIRE OTHER WORLD down there like what. I crave sea breeze so much glad I'm not the only one absolutely nuts about the ocean :-)

• Boldfish likes this

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
Dr. Seuss

“Who are you?

Are you in touch with all of your darkest fantasies?
Have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them?
I have. I am fucking crazy.
But I am free.”

#7 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:41 PM

Please link this scaaaaale!!! Im 210 and my SW was 230!!!

I got this one: https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works pretty well! :-)

• Princess-Xion and trippinatthebeach__ like this

cocaine

Spoiler

#8 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:25 PM

Day 0:
Good so far! Any cravings I've managed to wave away with ease :-) I also re-weighed myself after a couple hours and nature's call, to find my weight dropped to 216.6 though I'm sure most of that was waste/water weight. I'll keep updated :-) Currently jamming out and browsing other topics!
I'm going to start my fast timer over because I slipped up and drank kombucha!!! If I knew my resolve was going to be this weak, I might have waited a bit longer. But I am driven to succeed!!! I can do this. I am doing this

SW: 222.2
CW: 216.6
Song of the day: It's Just Sex by Car Seat Head Rest

cocaine

Spoiler

#9 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:48 AM

DAY 1:

Okay day one for real this time. NO MORE KOMBUCHA!!! lol.
I buckled very quickly yesterday, but it gave me food poisoning because I'm... Yeah because the universe wants me to succeed! So. I'll take it as a sign to keep pushing. I just have to get through the first 3 days and then I'm scotfree... I'm extra motivated for succeeding, which I will list here in just a bit...

Okay reasons, go! 

-Repair cells damaged by drinking, smoking, and eating garbage processed foods for so, so long.

-Get out of physical discomfort

-Release mental anguish

-Give myself a second chance at achieving my dreams! (which have largely been put on hold due to anxiety & depression caused by weight gain and poor diet)

-Give myself more and better opportunities (I'm NOT saying it's fair because it ISN'T, but... skinny privilege IS a real thing.. and I want some lol)

-Increase my health and longevity!

-Release fears and self loathing, I'm so sick of both!

I just have to hold these in mind during tough moments, BUT so far so good :-) I had a craving earlier, but it really comes in waves and recedes. Like. the hunger just goes away if I ignore it lol. I GOT THIS!!! It's an exercise in mind over matter

CW: 217.4
Song of the day: Why by Andrew Bird

cocaine

Spoiler

#10 Omi'Ana

Omi'Ana

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

Good Luck to you.
  • Boldfish likes this

#11 Omi'Ana

Omi'Ana

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:10 PM

Good Luck to you.

#12 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 March 2020 - 02:42 PM

Hellooooo!

DAY 2:

Still going strong! :) I even got a nice workout in, though 2/3 of it was more or less just stretching, which is... MORE than I've done in a while, so... success! There were a few cravings yesterday, last night, and this morning, but they've subsided for now, and I've figured out that if I ignore them for long enough they really do just go away. I just keeping telling myself, "It's all in your head, your body is safe and has enough food- it's all that fat you have!" 

A few other motivating factors- I have a friend in the military and his letters describe horrible, horrible training exercises lol and when I told him I was at my highest weight, he did tell me not to worry about it, but at my persistence he said, "use that as motivation for change then! We have to take our lives into our own hands to get what we want." Which I believe somewhat, but I also think having the right attitude is half the battle :-)

Other accomplishments that are noteworthy (esp if you're depressed AND under lockdown):

-brushed my teeth

-worked out?!

-showered

-tidied just a little bit

-sang a lot :-)

Anyway, stats:

CW: 215.6

Song of the Day: Death of a Bachelor by Panic!

Good Luck to you.

Thanks! :-)

cocaine

Spoiler

#13 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:39 PM

Ugh. Really intense cravings. It feels like my mind is turning against me >:-[
The hunger isn't real, it's not real... I'm at... Almost 43 hours, I just have to get through today and tomorrow and it'll be smooth sailing... Uggfhjjhhhgjfhhfhfhh

Edit: okay 40 min later here, I have these ketosis measuring strips, and I'm totally in ketosis (fat burning)!!! No way am I giving up now, I am going to push through at least until the end of tomorrow. I owe myself that much.... All these cravings will disappear if I can only get through tomorrow.

cocaine

Spoiler

#14 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:49 PM

I am trying sSO HARD to hold on guys but I'm not sure if I'll make it... ugh this is so frustrating. it's a tiny fucking voice in my head going, "eeeeat... EAAATTTT" and my body is not helping -.-

cocaine

Spoiler

#15 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:15 PM

DAY 3:

Okay. I won't sugar coat it. I broke my fast after 48 hours. About 1340 cals. But I'm not going to give up, I will continue to try for the next 52 days. I'm not going to quit.
I'm also not going to beat myself up. I've never gone over 48 hours and no one is perfect! I'm not gonna get it on my first try.

Not at my home so no scale for now, wish me luck

cocaine

Spoiler

#16 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:42 AM

Hey guys
I'm going back home today, and the game is afoot!
I'll not let one, two, or five million failures stop me from trying. I know it hasn't been a smooth road so far, but I'm not giving up. I'm on hour 15 right now, wish me very good luck and strength!

cocaine

Spoiler

#17 mollysocks

mollysocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

Hi friend, let me just say:

I'm aiming to fast for 90 days. I'm at 62 hours right now. No one thinks I can do it. But I know I can.

Nearly 3 days in, and what I've learned is that hunger IS mental. My body is feeling real hungry, I won't lie. But I've been pushing myself mentally so hard that it doesn't even matter to me, at least not as much as my goal matters to me.

I have a shit ton of weight to lose and I'm impatient as fuck, that's why I have such a wild goal. But look it up on youtube, people have done it time and time again. I watch those vids to motivate me (and mukbangs. Lottttttts and lottttttts of mukbangs.)

Try 0 cal foods like pickles / cucumbers. 0 cal condiments that provide you flavor and boost your metabolism, like mustard and hot sauce. 0 cal drinks like water, diet soda, or even black coffee if that's your thing..... bleh... all of this has helped me tremendously right now and also in the past.

Let this motivate you too: the bigger you are the faster you lose. The first like 20-50 pounds will just fall off. Like that *snaps* :P

P.S. I love your determination. 

P.P.S I wish you the bestest of luck.!

• Boldfish likes this

one day closer.

sw: 230

cw: 215.8

gw1: 200      

gw2: 170       

ugw: 140         

#18 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:14 PM

Hi friend, let me just say:

I'm aiming to fast for 90 days. I'm at 62 hours right now. No one thinks I can do it. But I know I can.

Nearly 3 days in, and what I've learned is that hunger IS mental. My body is feeling real hungry, I won't lie. But I've been pushing myself mentally so hard that it doesn't even matter to me, at least not as much as my goal matters to me.

P.S. I love your determination. 

P.P.S I wish you the bestest of luck.!

Thank you so much for the well wishes! ah and we have similar stats, that's so motivating!! I'm trying to push my mind past its "limits" (there are no true limits! I am SUPER SAIYAN!! AHHH) and I similarly want to lose like. 85 pounds. Ah. thank you for replying! I'm really giving it my all. Hoping I can get through these first few days, as I hear they're the worst and so far this is true lol. They suck. BUT I'm determined!! We so, so got this. We deserve the bodies we want, especially if we put in the work. SO here goes.

For anyone reading:

CW: 216.2
Hour: 23

cocaine

Spoiler

#19 mollysocks

mollysocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

Thank you so much for the well wishes! ah and we have similar stats, that's so motivating!! I'm trying to push my mind past its "limits" (there are no true limits! I am SUPER SAIYAN!! AHHH) and I similarly want to lose like. 85 pounds. Ah. thank you for replying! I'm really giving it my all. Hoping I can get through these first few days, as I hear they're the worst and so far this is true lol. They suck. BUT I'm determined!! We so, so got this. We deserve the bodies we want, especially if we put in the work. SO here goes.

For anyone reading:
CW: 216.2
Hour: 23

Today was definitely the hardest one for me so far. I’m at 69 hours. Ate a couple bites of a pickle and cried about it??? LOLL there weren’t even any cals in it!!!! I’m clearly overly obsessed with the idea of “the perfect fast” be kind to yourself please. :)
  • Boldfish likes this

one day closer.

sw: 230

cw: 215.8

gw1: 200      

gw2: 170       

ugw: 140         

#20 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:05 PM

TW: racism/social injustice

Currently on Day 2 yes, once again

I had to restart my counter because *drum roll please* 

I took cough syrup! and my perfectionism is crippling.

So I left home again, thought I could handle being around my racist, "I'm black so I own the colored experience", inconsiderate, hateful roommate. (I'm mixed race, same amount of  Western African/Yoruba and Eastern European/Traveler ((politically correct way to refer to "gypsy" cultures)), and she's called me a "typical white woman" before- discrediting my experience as a person of color, as well as being inconsiderate to my very lovely other roommate who *is* white, and on a separate occasion, has called HER a "white feminist" and a "c*nt" in the SAME SENTENCE like. You're going to question someone else's commitment to sexual equity while calling her a "c*nt" and a "bitch"? Okay hypocrite. She's really awful :angry: ) She declared she was talking with our landlord to discuss her moving out early. This was later found to be false, and here we are, FOUR MONTHS LATER, still dealing with her bullshit. I was back ONE DAY before leaving again lol because I don't trust that I can keep my cool enough not to stoop to her level and start throwing all her shit in a bag. It's really frustrating and causes an absurd amount of anxiety to be around that kind of bullshit. And it's extremely disappointing to see a self-proclaimed "proud" black woman carry herself in such a disgraceful and ignorant manner. SO I'm waiting it out at a friends house until she leaves.

ANywaY,

she is leaving at the end of this month, so I will be back home with my scale and able to post weigh-ins then.

IN the meantime, I am trying to keep my cool at a friends house, *whomst* very much enjoys food and constantly tempts me D: but it's okay because I'm strong. 

I'm at hour 39! And trying to give my fast more spiritual anchors (i.e. praying for the highest good of all and for my own strength, and viewing my fasting as a spiritual duty). I'm not religious, but I am deeply spiritual. 

I've been exercising and having one cup of coffee a day! I really NEED to keep this up. I WANT to. I CAN. Coffee helps. In a way, this quarantine is very advantageous. I mean, well, yes it is generally depressing and seriously fucking scary to think about, but I'm doing my best to keep my mind focused on my goals and the time to myself that I have been gifted. I'm certain a lot of other people here feel the same. I think what I needed was a bit of general quiet, so I don't feel like I'm wasting my life isolating and doing this. This is just the current state of things, so it's finally okay to stay home and focus on myself without fear of missing out. 

Sorry this isn't the perfect thread where I can get all 55 days in one go and document it every day perfectly, in a neat, color coded manner, like I've seen in other threads, but I am making progress and becoming stronger every attempt I make, and I'm not going to give up until I reach my goal. Every failure teaches me a way to get around roadblocks and helps further my progress! I now know how to catch my thoughts before I fail and redirect my focus to get through the rough patches. I so, so got this. 

Some thoughts that have kept me on track so far:

"All the food I am craving, I have eaten before. It is the fat on my body." <-- sometimes I get like, a "whiff" or scent of food that isn't there, so I like to imagine my body is currently burning the fat gained from that food the last time I ate it lol  :P

"I am not only doing this to look good, I am duty bound to sacrifice this food as a show of appreciation, dedication and to be closer to Spirit" <-- that's a new one, but like I said, it has helped to anchor my fast as a duty to the divine.

"[Alex], my friend in the military is getting CUT AS FUCK while I was out here snacking my troubles away... I want to show them something I'm proud of when they return" <-- especially because this friend, while being very supportive with words of "you look beautiful either way" and "damn u a snacc" lol, has also told me "it just takes follow through" and has been very encouraging of my endeavors after I told them what I was up to! can't quit now, I have to show off my self control!

"you can eat that at the end of this" <-- the food I'm momentarily craving will still exist!
"It's all mental, your body is 46% food" <-- it is true... which is why I know I am safe in this, I would not attempt this if I didn't have actual fat to fuel my brain and body. 
"I love myself! I'm so proud of my progress! The hardest part was starting, and I did it, and now I've come so far, there's no way I'm giving up until I reach the end!" <-- self explanatory! Love yourself!

Wish me luck! I'll try to check in tomorrow, but my friend will be home from work and I'm not keen on them knowing how deep my behavior runs (as far as he knows, I'm doing it for cell repair WHICH I AM, but aha... not only that *ED brain chuckling in the distance*), so I might not be able to log on until Monday. We shall see.... Thank you for staying with me so far :-)

Song of the Day: Hey Friend by Jeff the Brotherhood

Cherry Blossom - Moors Remix by ALA.NI feat Moors

• deeperthanbone likes this

cocaine

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users