So I got a fancy scale... [Prolonged Fasting] - Page 3 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

So I got a fancy scale... [Prolonged Fasting]

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Boldfish

Boldfish

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 October 2020 - 11:33 AM

Day 6

So, after many many 24-48-72 hour fasts, not making any progess toward beating my hiscore, here I am at day 6. I decided to fast because I'm seeing a friend I havent seen in aaages next weekend, and though I cant make it all the way to 55 days (because i will have to eat when visiting him), I will fast until the night before I leave to see him. Because we'll be sharing a room and i do NOT want to deal with digestive;... uh... sounds in front of him lol. So best to break it before I get there. It's been challenging. I'm glad I've gotten this far (my longest fast ever!) and I'm pleased with some of the results already, but I was also getting a bit more hungry the past couple days, like, cravings wise. My body isn't in pain due to hunger, it's just hard seeing people around me eat so many tasty things ;-; lol.

A lot of weird symptoms have been happening though:

-tingling/loss of circulation in my legs

-EXTREME nausea on night 3, I puked a bunch of stomach acid i guess? lol but was fine after that night (brushed my teeth right after!)

-Headaches. So many headaches. I take a tylenol every morning at least.

-Weird muscle cramps (gotta be better about taking electrolytes) whenever I do anything physical

-very fatigued, having a hard time being perky at work

but also...

-8lbs lost so far!!! hehe YAY!!! 

I almost wish I could keep going further than next weekend, but tbh it's the biggest motivator ever. I have a part of my body i'm immensely ashamed of, so quitting is not an option. I guess I needed a good enough reason to feel embarrassed with an added time sensitivity. I'll probably update some more soon!

SW: 222.2

CW: 194.4

Song of the day: The Wave by Patrick Watson

• Lloyd likes this

cocaine

Spoiler

#42 CaffeinatedBones

CaffeinatedBones

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationBurlington County, NJ

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

Even though higher weights are proclaimed to need more calories to maintain and function, I suffer from something similar! My BMR is between 1700 and 1800 meanwhile it says that my BMR should be at least 2000.  This basically means eating 1700 can make me genuinely gain weight now :) Easiest way to start boosting your BMR though is to start drinking a ton of tea tbh

• Boldfish and (WannaBeHappy) like this
𝓗𝓲! 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮 𝓚𝓪𝓽.  

𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻 (𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂/𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓼).

𝓗𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽: 167𝓬𝓶/5'6𝓯𝓽

𝓒𝓦: 🐷
𝓤𝓖𝓦: 45𝓴𝓰/100𝓵𝓫𝓼

#43 perfectpickles

perfectpickles

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2020 - 08:57 PM

i got one of those scales a while back (six months or so) and my metabolic age and body fat both decreased as i lost weight, and it made me feel so much better!

• Boldfish and (WannaBeHappy) like this

relapsed :) 54.4 lb lost since Jan 2020

BN diagnosed in 2014, an/bp behavior currently, probably technically EDNOS but who knows

SBMI: 33.0

HBMI: 33.0

CBMI: 24.2

LBMI: 24.2

g1: 22.6

ugbmi: 17.0

#44 Lloyd

Lloyd

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10810 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2020 - 10:44 PM

I have a scale like that! I love it, it gave me some shocking truths that wasn't great but definitely working on fixing them.

Good luck and be as safe as possible.
  • Boldfish likes this
Hw 249
LW 134
Cw 205 fucking hell
Gw1 160
Gw2 150
Ugw 130....for now lol

Highest step count is 60,157.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users