Need specific food recommendations - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Need specific food recommendations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wildflowersforever

wildflowersforever

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

Hey guys,
I got my bloodwork done recently and my doc did not call me back as he did not consider anything serious enough but a couple items freaked me out. I know that diet can fix it too so I need your help!
Firstly, my LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) is up in the higher range. I have been eating keto/carnivore mostly so this makes a lot of sense. That said, I’m willing to break this diet if it means lowering that cholesterol.
Secondly, I can’t remember the name of the specific test, but I’m high risk of blood clots. It is unfortunately genetic. I already knew this.
Anyway! I need your help to build a diet (1200-1400 cals) to lower my cholesterol and manage my blood clots. :D
Thx!

#2 Meelee

Meelee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

Try in cooperating ginger into ur diet, this will act as a natural blood thinner.

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk

#3 michellem

michellem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 May 2020 - 01:19 PM

Brazil nuts. Literally like two a week is as effective as cholesterol meds
love above all

5’7
CW 121
LW 98
GW 110
UGW 98

#4 yoichi

yoichi

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • Locationdumbass island

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:10 PM

LDL cholesterol itself isn't bad, even though it's called the "bad guy". There are two types of LDL, pattern A and pattern B. Pattern A is the good LDL cholesterol that helps with transporting lipids in the bloodstream, as is the job of LDL, and doesn't harm you. Pattern B is the distorted LDL cholesterol after it comes into contact with excess glucose in the blood, and then sticks to the arterial wall. Doing keto will give you "high LDL" but I can almost guarantee it's pattern A if keto is done correctly.
Unfortunately, no one wants to talk about how blood tests never separate the types of LDL so when it's high people assume you're about to have a heart attack.
I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want to learn more as to why cholesterol has gotten such a bad rep but it's not the issue, Dr. Paul Mason on YouTube is wonderful and breaks it all down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
My #1 essential oil is pizza grease
5'5 / 165 cm / HW: 142 lbs / CW: 120???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users