Shelter in place driving my son and I nuts - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Shelter in place driving my son and I nuts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PrinnyWinnie

PrinnyWinnie

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

My son is 4 and is not taking this stay at home thing well at all. He’s just acting up and bored all the time. I’ve tried a hundred different things to do with him and he just does it, moves on within a couple minutes to an hour, then is back to acting up again. We have constant battles and he doesn’t understand why he’s stuck inside. No visitors, kids to play with, even the parks aren’t open.

Restricting has been easy for me so far, but the s/o is considering shutting his gates until this ‘blows over’. When he’s home it’s harder to restrict, as he gets on my case a lot about my eating. I wake up early to exercise so that no one knows. Off topic, but I decided to throw that in there.

Any ideas to keep my sanity as well as my son’s?
  • back_to_skinny likes this

#2 TheShowMustGoOn

TheShowMustGoOn

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:41 PM

Art has help me and my son do something that occupies us both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bubblegum Bitch
2dqvkfr
Flat Tummy & Tight Booty

Height: 5'5"
33-25-36
CW: 120lbs

GW's: 120lbs, 115lbs, 110lbs, 107lbs  

UGW:100lbs

"I was naive

Your love was like candy
Artificially sweet
I was deceived by the wrapping
Got caught in your web
And I learned how to bleed
I was prey in your bed
And devoured completely"

#3 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:35 AM

I'm sorry I can't give you any advice since I don't have kids myself. I'd just like to tell you that I have the utmost respect for parents who are taking care of their children in this difficult situation.

And kudos for you for doing exercises early in the morning. This is something I also do so that nobody else notices it.

Theme for August ❤ be gentle be patient ❤ rest  trust the process ❤ 

Height 168 cm - 5'6 / CW (trying to maintain at the moment): 50,8 kg = 112 lbs (10th December 2019)

Please follow and support me here - taking on a mental challenge at the moment

https://www.myproana...hallenge/page-1

some inspirational pictures and the link to my thinspiration thread

Spoiler

e162c639d2c9b2e26fdc5faa9547736f.gif

#4 89vision

89vision

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 01:48 PM

man, I am right there with you but also have to do online schooling with my son.  He is a little older (7) so in some ways that is easier than a 4 year old.

My best advice is to wear him out as much as you can--I know that may be hard being indoors, can you still go for walks?  I take my son out in the mornings and we will jog together and run around.  That is #1 IMO because kids have so much energy.  If you can't go out, maybe make obstacle courses inside or watch some PE videos or dance videos online and do them with him.  Consistency is also key, especially for that age.  Try to have a routine during the day (I know that can be hard!) so he knows what to expect.  Beyond that, I just try to remember that as stressed out as we are as adults, kids are feeling that energy too.  I read an article about kids regressing during this time, like reverting to behaviors they did when they were younger, being clingy, whining, etc. and it is really true.  I try to remember that this is hard for my son and it is a huge change, and to add in stressed out parents just make it worse.  No one is perfect and I hope I'm not coming across as judgmental!  I'm just saying be easy on yourself and your son.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users